• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me figure out what to do.

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
I am making our ADRS on Sunday :cool1: and trying to work on an itinerary.
We are also going with my Aunt, Uncle, and their kiddos. We are all on DDP.
They are going to Universal one day and we are not, we are all on the dining plan. However, when I made her ressies I did 6 day hoppers instead of 7 (since they will be in universal one day, did i do this correctly?)
So NOW, they have 6 days of meals at Disney instead of 7.

I don't know how to plan b/c I don't know what day they will be going to Universal, and I am sure they don't know either being 180 days out. I know they want to go to Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's, Coral Reef, and Tusker House.
I don't even know if this statement is coherent and makes and sense lol.
I guess I am trying to say if I make a ressie for 8 for 1 day and only 3 show up, what will happen?
What would you do in this situation?

Ok, let's see your Dinning credits are not based on hoppers or park tickets, they are based on the number of nights you are staying in the hotel.

So I am not sure why you say that because they have 1 less park day they have 1 less dinning credit????? Unless I am not understanding something.

Since ADRs have to be made out 180 days in advance, they have to decide what day is the Universal day. Plain and simple.
I really don't know why people have such a hard time planning 180 days out. To me if you are able to plan to go to WDW then you are able to at least plan what day you are going to what park, or at least between 2. Then make the adr close to both of them. Or hop, I love to hop, so to me it isn't a big deal.

Anyway, what I would do is this..........you want me to plan your itenery then we sit down together and you tell me what you want and when.
They don't need to know what specific dish they will have, but they should at least help in deciding what day to do what park. That will help you decide where to reserve your meals.
It really is simple, just have to nail it down. Or I don't plan it for you. I plan mine and you plan yours, we'll meet up when we can.

Sorry it may sound cut throat but why go thru agony about planning a vacation??? This is suppose to be fun not a hassle.
I would wonder if they want you to do all the "heavy" non fun stuff, so they just sit back and enjoy what you set up. Nope, I say you want me to do it, you have to help.

Changing the park tickets wont' change their DDP allotments. DDP is tied to the number of nights you stay at the resort, not your park tickets - it has absolutely nothing to do with the park tickets. If they stay 7 nights, they have to get DDP for 7 nights - there's no way to shorten it other than making 2 separate room reservations, one with DDP and one without.

Also remember DDP credits are calculated according to the number of nights you stay at the resort, NOT the number of days on your park tickets. If you have 7 day hopper tickets but you're staying at the resort 6 nights, then you have 6 nights of DDP allotments. That means on the basic plan 6 TS, 6 CS and 6 snacks per person, not 7.

I guess I am trying to say if I make a ressie for 8 for 1 day and only 3 show up, what will happen?

That depends. With that great a disparity in the numbers, you might have to wait a long time for a seat or they could be unable to seat you. You should be extra careful with any meal that requires prepayment or a credit card guarantee; save those for times when you know everyone will show up. Call them and tell them why you need to know now which day they are planning to go to Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter