• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me decide which shuttle from LAX

shannon006

DIS Veteran
I have never been to Disneyland, thus all my questions, lol. I so appreciate everyone helping me along, thank you so much.

I am arriving at LAX Monday 9/28 @ 10:55 am. Staying 3 nights at the Hilton Anaheim. Then we are transferring to Disney's Grand Californian for 3 nights. Our flight departs Sunday 10/4 @ 1:10 PM. We have made calls to both the super shuttle and greyline and still don't know which to book through. It does cost $16 more through greyline, but that isn't the bottom line for us. We just aren't sure which service to use. We want to make the best use of our time, and have good quality. Also, what time should we depart the Grand to arrive at LAX?

Most shared vans from LAX are basically equivalent. Some people will have had a good or bad experience with some but for the most part you're getting the same experience. The Greyline express bus has it's own set departure times, so you'll have to see how close your arrival is to the next bus. If cost isn't an issue, book a private car.

The shuttle company will decide which time to pick up based on departure, but I wouldn't leave any later than 10am if driving, so add another 30-60 minutes for a shared ride.

I had a great experience with execucar from super shuttle last month. It's a little more but not shared.

We had no issues with the Greyline Disney bus. It only made 1 or two stops either end and we were at our hotel quickly and with no hassles. Kids are free so that was a bonus for us.

I like Karmel Shuttle and would take them to the Hilton from LAX. SS sometimes loops around the airport, stopping for other NON-scheduled people. With Karmel they only get scheduled people. Greyline stops at every terminal.

And I'd take a taxi from Hilton to Grand.

We've tried most of the methods from LAX to DLH/DLR. For our next trip, we're back to the Greyline Disney as for the price, it was the most comfortable for the price. The shuttles were fine (but more expensive), and the town car was way more expensive and about the same time as the Greyline.

Super Shuttle were awesome for us. They don't have set departure times as such so you tell them when your flight is due to arrive and then once you get to the desk you pretty much just get the next van leaving. Going back to the airport from the hotel I think they did pick ups like every 15 minutes or so.

Do you have kids who would need a carseat? If so, then I'd do the Grayline, as that's the only option where the under 4'9" kiddos don't need a carseat.

If no one needs a carseat, I'd crunch the numbers and figure out if a private van/car is also a good option. Depending on the number of people in your party, it might not be that much more expensive. I don't really have an issue with SuperShuttle most of the time, but if the price was pretty close, I would consider the added convenience of a private van.

I am also trying to decide between shuttle and grayline. I've looked at primetime shuttle, and their price was half of grayline ($15/person online, vs $30/person) and the timing seems a little better, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something - is there some downside to the shuttle service? I realize there's only 2 of us so there may be more stops, since we'll be at Grand Californian, which is the last stop on Grayline. Also, I can't tell from the grayline brochure online exactly how long it takes to get to LAX from the last pick up.

We used Karmel shuttle the first time a few weeks ago and were quite happy. They do shared abs non shared and do not circle around. They were prompt, safe and courteous.

Thanks Astylla. Did you go to the airport or to the hotel or round trip? When we traveled to WDW recently, my dd used a shuttle service in Manhattan (I'm not sure of the name), early morning pickup from her apartment to Newark. She loved it so much she booked them for the return trip, JFK to Upper Westside and had a horrible experience. They were very late picking her up, then waited around the airport for over an hour. Then of course she was the last to get dropped off in Manhattan and feared for her life because the driver was driving very dangerously. So, I'm a little nervous to use one of these services, but it seems like going to the airport is more predictable than from airport to hotel (or home).

Thanks Astylla. Did you go to the airport or to the hotel or round trip? When we traveled to WDW recently, my dd used a shuttle service in Manhattan (I'm not sure of the name), early morning pickup from her apartment to Newark. She loved it so much she booked them for the return trip, JFK to Upper Westside and had a horrible experience. They were very late picking her up, then waited around the airport for over an hour. Then of course she was the last to get dropped off in Manhattan and feared for her life because the driver was driving very dangerously. So, I'm a little nervous to use one of these services, but it seems like going to the airport is more predictable than from airport to hotel (or home).

We did round trip. I set the arrival time about 30 minutes past what our scheduled time was , and it worked out as our plane was late into LAX.

I called the phone number once we got our luggage per my confirmation email , and while quoted 15 to 20 minutes , I don't think we waited more than 10 for our shuttle pickup around 10:30pm.
For pickup they actually arrived early - we were already waiting so that worked out great and the other 2 guests at Annabella were also ready early so it definitely worked out great.

No matter what route you go there is always the chance of a "BAD" driver because in high traffic areas not everyone is the best driver to begin with and sometimes it forces the hand of the shuttle drivers - hence why in some cases I think they get a bad name. Both our drivers were great. Due to major construction they had to honk their horn at someone trying to merge into them , but that is no fault of the driver.

AOC is the coupon code for greyline. It gives you $10 off per person round trip from LAX.

I intend on doing In and Out Burger from a cab (another DISer suggested) and then taking Uber to PPH.

From a personal standpoint it really really stresses me out to wait for shuttles and vans. I could wait 5 minutes. I could wait 20. While shuttles are less expensive, Uber quotes it from $35-$100 depending on the car. I'd rather jump in the car and not have to wait for the extra $35.

DLE is $35/person for round trip. If there is a lack of traffic it might even be mostly the same. We'll see :D

We use Sal's Car service. He has a town car. Meets you at luggage claim. We have used him four times and he picked up our daughter on her honeymoon Monday! The cost round trip was $80 to SNA. Private, he will stop if you need, and we have waited ZERO minutes . 714-398-5238. We found him through Candy Cane Inn front desk several years ago. His email is Sal110276@gmail.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter