Help me deal with DH's bonehead move. SO MAD.

I guess I'm wondering why people are calling the ex a "skank" and a "wench".
Did I miss the part where she asked him to pay her bill?

I was thinking the same thing:confused3

This is 100% the OP's DH's fault. 100% his fault that he did not have her removed.

The ex girlfriend has nothing to do with this.

The OP chose to marry a spineless man. How is it the ex girlfriend's fault?

If you contact the ex, the ex will be all like: Wow, he's still thinking about me, he didn't even take me off the cable bill payment list!:lovestruc Maybe there's still a chance! Oh, Diary, I must make contact with him....and soon :cutie:

Right now I would be in my
I Came Here To Chew Bubblegum And Kick A*@, And I'm All Outta Bubblegum mode :rotfl2:
Where's a Rowdy Roddy Piper Smiley when you need one? popcorn::

I don't the OP isn't saying that this is the ex girlfriend's fault in any way. I think she must have other reasons for not liking her.

I'm just curious as to why the ex was ever on his account at all when they weren't even married.

I don't the OP isn't saying that this is the ex girlfriend's fault in any way. I think she must have other reasons for not liking her.

I'm just curious as to why the ex was ever on his account at all when they weren't even married.

I don't know, with this statement it sounds like she is calling the EX a thief. No one made off with their money. Her DH basically gave it away , she has no one to blame but him.

But I'm NOT ok with his skank of an ex making off with $180!!!
OP I don't know your history with this woman but my first thought after reading your post is that you are a jealous wife. Not saying that you are, but that is how your coming across to me. Anyway, call the cable company or see if you can still stop payment through the bank. Good luck

this is just plain wierd....why is the ex on the accounts? Is he still seeing her? Why would he have not changed that when you married?

Honestly, chalk this up to a parting gift (2 years late) and thanks for playing.

Then get on the online banking site yourself and REMOVE the gf's account.

I didn't get that the ex was on the accounts just that HER account was listed so that he could pay it. When he choose the account # to pay he clicked hers instead of theirs.

ITA that it's NOT Ex's fault. HE or the OP should have removed it. Call the company and ask that the payment be credited to the correct account. I don't see the prob.

Honestly, chalk this up to a parting gift (2 years late) and thanks for playing.

Then get on the online banking site yourself and REMOVE the gf's account.

I agree!

I'd consider the 180.00 loss as the cost of a lesson learned. I would make damn sure that I checked all of my dh's accounts so this type of snafu never happens again.

I agree!

I'd consider the 180.00 loss as the cost of a lesson learned. I would make damn sure that I checked all of my dh's accounts so this type of snafu never happens again.

Honestly, it seems like he is ok with paying the ex's bills.

The OP says he does not want to ask her for the money back. The OP states he did not remove her from his payment plan (he has had quite a few years to do so). The OP states he won't email her and explain the problem.

There are some deeper issues here:rolleyes1

I know you can reverse an online payment. If you catch it the same day as the payment is made, they can do it pretty quickly. If it is after the date the payment is made, they can still do it it just takes a little longer. Just call your bank and say "I was paying my bills, and I paid the wrong Roger's account by mistake. I paid account #123 and I meant to pay account # 456." I've have paid the wrong account by mistake and they were able to fix it. (We bank with PC Financial) They don't need to even know that the account you paid was not in your name.

definately try to reverse the payment, most have this as an option, or if he billed to a credit or even debit card, you should be able to do a stop payment. Do try calling Rogers first though and explaining the 2 account situation and that the money should be on the other account.

D

Honestly, it seems like he is ok with paying the ex's bills.

The OP says he does not want to ask her for the money back. The OP states he did not remove her from his payment plan (he has had quite a few years to do so). The OP states he won't email her and explain the problem.

There are some deeper issues here:rolleyes1

Could be or maybe not. Who knows?

Hmmmmm this is wierd. But dumber things have happened I guess.

First things first, I'd not ask, but TELL my other half to call his ex and nicely request the money back. You said they broke up amicably and they haven't been in touch with each other since then so where's the harm? Honestly, if an ex of mine called me to tell me what happened, I'd laugh about it, have a nice catching-up chat, then write a check for the amount he paid and be done with it.

If the other half didn't want to do that because he doesn't like confrontation (again, you said it was amicable so why does he think there'd be confrontation to begin with is beyond me), then I'd tell him to get a spine and grow up, then I'd get her #, pick up the phone, nicely introduce myself and nicely ask for the money back. If she refused, I'd chalk it up to a loss AND my other half's stupidity. And then I'd ask him if it was so amicable, why does she refuse to give us the $$ back.

And in the end, I'd wonder why he still has her info connected to his account and make the changes necessary to keep it from happening again.

ETA: Wanted to mention that the third scenario is that if he refused to rectify this himself by calling her, AND if he refused to give me her # or contact info to settle this myself, there would be serious hell to pay and I'd question his motives and confront the crap out of him.

Oh, and if the situation is legit and your husband goofed, it's not his ex's fault so there's no need to feel any animosity towards her, so why the name calling? If anyone deserves to be called something, it aint her.

The OP chose to marry a spineless man. How is it the ex girlfriend's fault?

Because the ex left him on the market where hapless women would stumble across him and is therefore EVIL and MUST DIE!!!!!11!!!!1!!!eleventy!!1!!!

:rotfl:

If they've been broken up for 2 years and their accounts are still linked ... has he accidentally paid her bill before in the past? After her account is removed, maybe the OP should check to see if any other payments were made to that cell phone account.

I would give my dh two options. He can choose:

1. Call ex girlfriend.

OR

2. Take an assertiveness training class.

There is no third option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter