Help me critique my plan - please?

caligirl stuck in va

Mouseketeer
First visit to WDW (we've been to DLR) and it's during Thanksgiving week. We know what we're in for (kind of:worried:) crowd wise and plan on rope dropping each morning at the parks. I have been using the crowd calendar on easywdw.

Sunday 11/23 DHS
Monday 11/24 Epcot
Tuesday 11/25 AK
Wed off (may add a day to tickets and do MK here, as well)
Thur off
Friday 11/28 MK

What would you change?

Where are you staying? Do you have park hoppers? If so I would recommend trying to split up your schedule as maybe not doing full days at DHS and AK unless you change your visit to AK to be there on Thanksgiving Day as most of the time 2 full days are needed for MK and EP and during holiday time you might need more time in those parks plus time to resort hop and see Osbourne Lights at DHS and maybe get to Downtown Disney. If you do not have a PH I would change your schedule around to have more time at MK and EP but whether you have it or not I would not have a day off with such limited time. AK is a good park for Thanksgiving Day. On the day after Thanksgiving begins Holidays Around the World and CP at EPCOT so I would do a second day there.

Definitely get a park hopper if you can. Download an app for Disney wait time (several out there), we always rely on an app to tell us where to go next. Don't plan on doing rides in any of the parks in order but be prepared to cross cross the parks to get the most done. We always head straight to popular rides like Peter Pan, Toy Story, Soarin, etc first thing to either ride or get a fastpass (not sure how the new system works). Definitely do AK when they have early morning hours and head straight to the safari. You see more animals early in the morning and the longest we've ever waited is 20 min.

First visit to WDW (we've been to DLR) and it's during Thanksgiving week. We know what we're in for (kind of:worried:) crowd wise and plan on rope dropping each morning at the parks. I have been using the crowd calendar on easywdw.

Sunday 11/23 DHS
Monday 11/24 Epcot
Tuesday 11/25 AK
Wed off (may add a day to tickets and do MK here, as well)
Thur off
Friday 11/28 MK

What would you change?

Hi, we've been to WDW a few times during this time of year and it will be crowded, but if you know that going in it is manageable. Will you have children in your party? I'm guessing you don't have park hoppers based on your schedule.

Your plan sounds good. Don't miss the Osborne Lights at DHS. Depending on how much down time you wanted, you could do something else on your AK day like DTD after you leave the park (pretty close by) or check out the decorations at the resorts.

I would definitely add MK on Wednesday.

Not sure what your plans are for Thanksgiving, but you could go to the WS at EPCOT and stroll around in the countries (it WILL be crowded) in the late afternoon/evening.

Friday could be either MK or EPCOT - this is where (for me) the hopper would come in handy but it is just so expensive. Ideally with hoppers you could go to MK in the morning and hop to EPCOT for the Candlelight Processional and Holiday Illuminations. We don't get tickets to the CP, we stand behind the rope in the back and listen (not everyone in my group wants to see the CP so getting the package is a waste for us and no way am I standing in that standby line). Holiday Illuminations is one of the most beautiful things I've seen.

Another option without hoppers if you were interested in seeing the CP and Holiday Illuminations:
MK Tuesday
MK Wednesday
AK Thanksgiving (leaving mid afternoon)
EPCOT Friday

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter