Help me choose

lundve

DIS Veteran
Traveling Party 2A3K ages 17, 14, 8 (all boys)

With new AP rates out today I have two/three options. We’ve never been to Universal. Please help me choose!! We are traveling during the week the first week of April. One of us adults would purchase an AP.

Portofino D2Q with Express for 3 nights for $1585 (I would buy the others 4 day park tickets and would be able to use them 3.5 days)

Surfside 2BR with beds for everyone for 4 nights for $772 (I would also buy the others 4 or 5 day park tickets and we’d use them 4 to 4.5 days)

Cabana Bay FS is an option for $873

Do you mean have two reservations at once? Can I do that with only one AP?

yes you can have 2 reservations.
Remember unlike Disney, these hotels are not run by Universal, they are onsite but are Loews hotels. Loews doesn’t mind if you have two reservations.

In early April with projected crowds I would definitely plan on having Express passes at least a few days for a first time visit. With your kids ages though I think they would be fine using single rider lines after they become familiar with the parks. Use your Express pass days for headliner rides and attractions that the whole family wants to experience together. Then the rest of your visit you can explore Harry Potter areas, get in re-rides, have time for the hotel pool, etc.[/QUOTE]

They have a generous cancellation policy, so I'd book both you are considering (if your pocketbook can take the one night deposit at each place). That will buy you time to do more reasearch and not miss out on a nightly rate you can stomach. I usually have 3 reservations going at once until I settle. Just keep a spreadsheet with nightly rate (w/o tax or w/ tax but be consistant) with each confirmation number and cancelleation number to keep yourself sane.

With 3 boys (2 teens) I would rule out Cabana Bay Regular family suite. Its just not big enough, you only have the two beds and a pull out. And that pull out is NOT comfortable.at.all.

We have a 17 year old too, and like most, she would sleep on a rock to go to Universal so it is doable but its just the three of us. As much as we love the Cabana Bay family suites, if I were taking 3 older kids I would choose the extra bedroom (and 3 total beds) that Endless Summer provides

Also you might consider upgrading your tickets at the end of the last day to a seasonal AP. For Presidents Day week a Seasonal pass is only $6.05 more than a 3 day ticket. So before we leave the parks the last day I will upgrade my tickets in case we want to come back in the next year.

Traveling Party 2A3K ages 17, 14, 8 (all boys)

With new AP rates out today I have two/three options. We’ve never been to Universal. Please help me choose!! We are traveling during the week the first week of April. One of us adults would purchase an AP.

Portofino D2Q with Express for 3 nights for $1585 (I would buy the others 4 day park tickets and would be able to use them 3.5 days)

Surfside 2BR with beds for everyone for 4 nights for $772 (I would also buy the others 4 or 5 day park tickets and we’d use them 4 to 4.5 days)

Cabana Bay FS is an option for $873
Where did you see the AP rates? I am not seeing anything for April?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter