Help me choose please Pop or Caribbean Beach last minute traveling in 3 weeks!!

chrisrunty

DIS Veteran
Hello all! We are seasoned Disney Cruisers (19 years!) but aren't nearly as familiar with WDW. We just decided to book a last minute 3 night WDW trip prior to our spring break cruise. Hotel choices were limited, and we are just doing the MK and AK "after hours" for two days. I can book POP for 3 nights this April for $805 or Caribbean Beach for $620. (total) We actually stayed once at Caribbean Beach but it was 20 years ago. (don't remember anything but the long buses) We will have our 10 year old son with us but only going to the parks for the after hours for 2 days. Which would you choose?? Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
Caribbean beach! If you will be at the resort during the day, they have a GREAT pool with 2 slides (no slides at POP)
its my favorite moderate resort

Caribbean beach! If you will be at the resort during the day, they have a GREAT pool with 2 slides (no slides at POP)
its my favorite moderate resort
Thank you! Our plan is to be at the resort during the day and then head to the after hours event in the evenings.

There are quite a few CB detractors here mainly because of its size and the bus service. However it is definitely an upgrade over Pop.

Personally I love it and find the sections away from the main pool to be very peaceful, quiet and relaxing.

If CBR is cheaper than POP, definitely do CBR. Especially with you planning resort days. I like Pop, but that's what I book when I just want a place to sleep/shower.

There are quite a few CB detractors here mainly because of its size and the bus service. However it is definitely an upgrade over Pop.

Personally I love it and find the sections away from the main pool to be very peaceful, quiet and relaxing.
Thank you!

We've stayed at both and we prefer CBR, and if CBR is cheaper it seems like a no brainier. The rooms are bigger and there seem to be more activities to enjoy at the resort. Plus, the pool is so much nicer than the one at POP.

I'd go with CBR too. The newly opened dining options look good and the pool is fun. I saw on Disney Tourist Blog a few days ago that construction for the Skyliner is still ongoing at CBR but I think the pros outweigh the cons, especially since it is cheaper.

Ive been to Pop but never CRB, the only thing about going to the CRB right now is that I believe there is a lot of construction going on with the new sky liner being put in there, something you might want to consider, you should check the just back boards and see if anyone just got back from there and see what they can tell you.

I love Pop and have never stayed at CBR, but I 100% agree that you should book a Moderate if it’s cheaper than a Value. Especially since you’re only doing DAH events and will have a lot of time to relax and enjoy the Resort. Plus, you’re only looking at 4 bus rides, so the multiple stops at CBR shouldn’t be much of a factor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter