Help me choose - Deluxe resort only stay over July 4th

Which deluxe resort is the best for a resort only stay over July 4th?

• Beach Club

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Yacht Club

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Grand Floridian

Votes: 28 51.9%

• Total voters
GF and BC are my 2 favorites at WDW! Can’t go wrong with any of those really.

If you get lagoon view at GF, request Boca Chica. We stayed there in March and the best part of the trip was watching the EWP from our balcony, with a peekaboo view of the castle to the left! Our room was on the south (?) side closer to the Poly, so the rest of the building blocked the fireworks, but I think if you get a room on the other (north?) MK side, you’d get a side view of the fireworks too. Like PP said, you can sit at the dock outside Gasparilla’s and they pipe in the music for the fireworks there.

But for a resort only stay, BC/YC have so much to do right there. SAB, the Boardwalk, the Fantasia mini golf is close by... And maybe you could get an ADR at one of the MK resorts to watch the fireworks on July 3 or 4.

Have fun!

I would choose YC. We prefer it over BC - just a little more upscale feeling, plus all the rooms have full balconies. For a resort only stay, I think it would be great having Stormalong Bay, and also the Boardwalk right there.
That's really good to know about the balconies. That is one of the main reasons I want to splurge for deluxe because of doing a resort only stay I image we'll use the balcony a lot more.

That's really good to know about the balconies. That is one of the main reasons I want to splurge for deluxe because of doing a resort only stay I image we'll use the balcony a lot more.

You may not use a balcony much at all in July. If it's not brutally hot and humid, it's pouring rain.

I did Poly club level for July 4th
Spectacular! Of ur choices I’d choose yacht for balcony

It's out of the budget unfortunately or it would for sure be our go to:(

From what I've read, they do restrict the Poly beach on July 4th to only Poly guests.

This summer will be our 4th trip over July 4th. We've always stayed at BC, this year we'll be at BWV. I would definitely recommend an Epcot area resort. The MK 4th of July fireworks take place on the 3rd and the 4th, so we watch the MK ones on the 3rd and the Epcot ones on the 4th (the only day they take place). It's so great to just walk out of the IG back to the resort. The 4th of July add on at Epcot is really spectacular.
That's good to know about the beach restriction. Can you see Illuminations from IG or do you have to go into the park to see them?

Without having park tickets and wanting to see the fireworks, I would choose GF. Actually, my first choice would be Poly but of the ones you've narrowed it down to I would choose GF. IMO, viewing the MK fireworks from outside the park is better than viewing the EP fireworks from outside the park. MK fireworks are 360 degrees on July 3/4 and the view around Seven Seas Lagoon is great!
Poly is out of the budget unfortunately and there is a killer discount at GF right now. I'm just concerned about the pool options at GF - they don't seem great. I have no desire to see them from inside the park to be honest. For one the crowds but also because you miss so much of them.

If you’re not planning to do any parks, I would pick either the YC or the BC (we prefer the BC), as you would have Stormalong Bay to relax at. Also, you would be next to the BW and could go over there in the evenings for the entertainment.
That's why I'm leaning towards them because that pool looks amazing!!

We love the BC and YC, and I used to book whichever had the cheaper category room available. But lately, we've been doing YC just because it guarantees a full balcony and now has actual quick service food options and refillable mug stations in the gift shop area, and we will be there the week of July 4th. My kids would never leave SAB if given the option!
Yacht club is actually cheaper but I've heard it's really stuffy which makes me nervous having a 4 year old although I love the idea of the full balcony.

I would choose the GF. I have stayed at both and while I like YC/BC, I prefer the MK resort area in general. At YC/BC you are close to the Boardwalk, but being on the monorail gets you easy access to all the resorts there. The GF has great dining options. The California Grill atop the Contemporary is another favorite. To me, that are is the most magical.
MK is my favorite park which makes me lean towards GF but the pool at YC/BC has me torn. We won't have park tickets so we won't be able to take the monorail - easily at least - from our resort to MK.

You don't have this resort on your list, but if it's available, I'd book a tower room with magic kingdom view at the Contemporary. You'd be able to see all of the fireworks from your resort room without going to the park. It's my understanding that in addition to the fireworks which are launched behind the Magic Kingdom, other fireworks are launched all around Seven Seas Lagoon. It's quite a show from what I understand!
They're all booked but that would be my first choice - although I'm sure they were way out of the budget. We've watched them livesteam and they are a 360 show. Do you know if you can get the music in your room? I'm thinking watching them in AC would be the ultimate option haha

It is. We were there July 3-7 last year in an MK facing room on the top floor. It was stunning!

OP, in your situation, it really is a hard decision. But, if fireworks are really the #1 reason you are going, GF. However, as a standalone resort over the summer, it's not the best. It's kind of boring, to be honest. I prefer YC/BC (specifically BC for our family) because there is SO much more to do there and the pool is way, way, WAY better than the GF. Do you have kids in your party and is the pool a big draw? If so, BC, and maybe try and get a dinner reservation at CA Grill for the 3rd (they shoot the fireworks off the 3rd and 4th at MK) and then on the 4th, enjoy the fireworks from Epcot and Studios from the BC. You'll be able to see quite a lot from the bridge/International Gateway area.
I'm afraid we will be bored which is what has me torn:|. I hadn't thought about watching them on the 3rd until someone else mentioned it and that is a great idea.

Any other time of the year I'd say Yacht club. But for the 4th I say GF so you can watch the fireworks from your resort.
Where is a good place at GF to watch the fireworks? I was thinking the island main street blocked a good portion of them.

Beach Club is the best for this. It has a summery theme, and shares the best pool on property with Yacht Club. The advantage of this pool is that CMs scan bands for entry, which very effectively keeps crashers out, unlike at other resorts. We did a split stay between Poly and Yacht Club a few years ago over the 4th of July week: the Poly pool was people soup, but the Yacht & Beach Club's pool was not overcrowded, even though it was a far superior pool. That speaks to the importance of having a live CM scan every visitor's band for entry, rather than just using an electronic gate. You will also be able to see some July 4th fireworks from the parks while at this pool.
How are the quick service offerings at BC/YC? We love everything about poly but it is out of the budget:(

We stayed at the Beach Club for the 4th of July a couple of years ago and the resort puts on a lot of activities for the 4th. Besides having pool activities, there were lawn games and beach games and food, including hot dogs, on the beach. They had so'mores at the camp fire, too. You can walk over to the bridge between the Boardwalk and Beach Club and get a great view of the Illumination fireworks. You'll be able to hear the music from t here, too.

We had gone over to the Grand Floridian for dinner on July 3rd and watched the special fireworks show at MK from outside Gasparillas. They pipe in the music, too.
this all sound great! Is Gasparillas the QS? This actually sounds like a great idea!!

I would pick Poly over the ones you have listed, but if not then I would go with GF. Have a great trip!
Poly is out of the budget unfortunately

Yeah, they block the Poly walkway from GF on July 3 and 4.
this is very good to know!!

I’m biased, but I love GF
though poly would be a great view of fireworks too
Poly is a dream to stay at but I'm thinking this may not be the trip for it. Maybe we'll save it for a time that we'll be visit the parks and such.

GF and BC are my 2 favorites at WDW! Can’t go wrong with any of those really.

If you get lagoon view at GF, request Boca Chica. We stayed there in March and the best part of the trip was watching the EWP from our balcony, with a peekaboo view of the castle to the left! Our room was on the south (?) side closer to the Poly, so the rest of the building blocked the fireworks, but I think if you get a room on the other (north?) MK side, you’d get a side view of the fireworks too. Like PP said, you can sit at the dock outside Gasparilla’s and they pipe in the music for the fireworks there.

But for a resort only stay, BC/YC have so much to do right there. SAB, the Boardwalk, the Fantasia mini golf is close by... And maybe you could get an ADR at one of the MK resorts to watch the fireworks on July 3 or 4.

Have fun!
I like your plan;)

You may not use a balcony much at all in July. If it's not brutally hot and humid, it's pouring rain.
It would probably just be first thing in the morning. Honestly just have the option of it is what I was looking for.

That's good to know about the beach restriction. Can you see Illuminations from IG or do you have to go into the park to see them?

Poly is out of the budget unfortunately and there is a killer discount at GF right now. I'm just concerned about the pool options at GF - they don't seem great. I have no desire to see them from inside the park to be honest. For one the crowds but also because you miss so much of them.

Yacht club is actually cheaper but I've heard it's really stuffy which makes me nervous having a 4 year old although I love the idea of the full balcony.

MK is my favorite park which makes me lean towards GF but the pool at YC/BC has me torn. We won't have park tickets so we won't be able to take the monorail - easily at least - from our resort to MK.

They're all booked but that would be my first choice - although I'm sure they were way out of the budget. We've watched them livesteam and they are a 360 show. Do you know if you can get the music in your room? I'm thinking watching them in AC would be the ultimate option haha

I'm afraid we will be bored which is what has me torn:|. I hadn't thought about watching them on the 3rd until someone else mentioned it and that is a great idea.

Where is a good place at GF to watch the fireworks? I was thinking the island main street blocked a good portion of them.

How are the quick service offerings at BC/YC? We love everything about poly but it is out of the budget:(

this all sound great! Is Gasparillas the QS? This actually sounds like a great idea!!

Poly is a dream to stay at but I'm thinking this may not be the trip for it. Maybe we'll save it for a time that we'll be visit the parks and such.

I like your plan;)
If the poly is out of your budget GF all the way. That will also give you a good view of the fireworks. I actually liked the GF pool. It’s not the same as yacht club, but the kids splash pad was great as were the regular pools and not as crowded as yacht club or poly.

How are the quick service offerings at BC/YC? We love everything about poly but it is out of the budget
There is good table service there, but not a ton of quick service. Hurricane Hannah's is at the pool, and you can get walk-up ice cream at Beaches & Cream (but not a meal without a ressie). If you love quick service, the ideal situation would be to have annual passes or daily hoppers so that you could eat in Epcot's World Showcase for quick service each day. It's very close. We stayed club level at Beach Club and the convenience of food always being on hand was great, but of course, that makes it a lot more expensive.

They're all booked but that would be my first choice - although I'm sure they were way out of the budget. We've watched them livesteam and they are a 360 show. Do you know if you can get the music in your room? I'm thinking watching them in AC would be the ultimate option .

Yes, the soundtrack for the fireworks shows are available on the televison in the guest rooms at the Contemporary. Seems like the music was available on channel 105.

I like your plan;)

You can see Illuminations from outside the park, the bridge between BC and BWI is a good viewing location

"Yacht club is actually cheaper but I've heard it's really stuffy which makes me nervous having a 4 year old although I love the idea of the full balcony."
(The quote thing got messed up!)

The only resort on property that I find stuffy is GF, The YC has darker colors than BC, but its not someplace a 4 year old won't feel comfortable. My kids (4&8) don't feel like they are missing out on something at YC vs BC.

Gasparillas is the quick service restaurant.

We grabbed a taxi back to the Beach Club after the fireworks were over and were way ahead of the crowds exiting the MK. It worked out great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter