Help me choose a hotel

MarBee

DIS Veteran
I have never been to DL, thought I’ve been to WDW many times. We have had 2 trips planned that had to be cancelled due to Covid, and I think this June we can actually pull this on off. Since I’ve had too much time to look into things, I’m currently stuck on which hotel to choose. I’m booking with Marriott points, so these are the top options…
Element Anaheim
Anaheim Marriott
Springhill Suites Convention Center
Sheraton Park Hotel
Does anyone have experience with any of these? Which would you choose?
It will be DH, myself, and our 11 and 12 year old. We want a clean place with cold air conditioning that is close to the parks. Since we will be there a week, it would also help to have some space so we aren’t all on top of each other all the time.
Any help and suggestions are welcome, as I’ve watched about 50 YouTube room tours, and read a gazillion reviews and still can’t decide.

I JUST stayed at Element Anaheim my first time and it will be my new go to suite hotel I think.
It's an all suite hotel and has larger rooms as well ! Free breakfast buffet that I found to be delicious and spacious , lots of seating , very clean and had two similar sets of stations so during busy times can see people not being on top of each other.
Rooms were very spacious and I only had a 2 queen suite room. It has a small cooktop , pots , pans , real dishware and glasses , decent size ridge( not full size in studio but larger than under counter one) , small dishwasher too !
I found the rooms to be quiet and had people down the hall from me. I was facing the freeway and had ambient noise but nothing to the point I found too loud.

It took me about 15-20 minutes to walk and found it really enjoyable personally.
A/C worked great especially after I googled the hack how to make it cooler down to 60 degrees but worked great even at 65 degrees, I would steer clear of Sheraton park if wanting cold a/c , the two times I stayed there it was miserably warm in the hallways and rooms before the renovation and don't have faith it has improved.

I will post photos on my lunch break since I have no signal on my phone to do so currently :)

... I would steer clear of Sheraton park if wanting cold a/c , the two times I stayed there it was miserably warm in the hallways and rooms before the renovation and don't have faith it has improved...
We stayed at the Sheraton Park last September and had no issues with the a/c. The weather was warm, but the temperature in our room was fine.

Last edited:
We’ve stayed at both the Residence Inn convention center and Springhill suites convention center and loved both! Quick 10-15 min walk to the parks, hot breakfast, large rooms/suites and next to cvs, 7-eleven etc for last minute snacks, drinks, meds etc.

We’ve stayed at Element and really liked it. We’d happily stay there again. The walk did not feel bad, certainly closer than walking all the way to Sheraton Park. We stayed at Sheraton Park many years ago, and I wasn’t impressed with any part of it. Some people like the pool, but we didn’t use it. With a family I’d absolutely book the Element or Springhill Suites. I will say everything about the Element was spacious. The lobby has a ton of space to relax, the dining area is huge, as is the 2 buffet areas. I’ve never stayed at Springhill but I assume it’s nice as well. Just make sure you’re looking at the one by the convention center.

The Element is the only Marriott hotel walking distance to Disneyland that I haven’t stayed in but I have heard good things. Springhill Suites Convention Center rooms are huge, clean, and have cold AC. They also have a nice breakfast buffet. The pool is teeny tiny but they have a large rooftop area where you can view the fireworks. It’s been a while since we stayed there but they used to let people staying there walk across the parking lot and use the Residence Inn pool which is far superior with a HUGE hot tub, splash pad, and lots of lounge chairs and seating with fire pits.

I’d go with Springhill Suites or Element. If you’re able to swing it, Courtyard Theme Park, Westin, and Residence Inn Convention Center are my #1, #2, and #3 hotels.

I think we are leaning towards Springhill because of the extra space, with Element being a very close second.
For anyone that has stayed at Element, were the rooms soundproofed? The big con I keep reading about at Springhill is about the paper thing walls and ceilings. I’m a light sleeper, so it’s not great for me.

I think we are leaning towards Springhill because of the extra space, with Element being a very close second.
For anyone that has stayed at Element, were the rooms soundproofed? The big con I keep reading about at Springhill is about the paper thing walls and ceilings. I’m a light sleeper, so it’s not great for me.

I haven’t had this issue with Springhill and I’ve stayed in a room on the 2nd floor on the corner of Harbor and Katella before.

We have stayed at all of these properties. For larger rooms, we would go with SpringHill or Element. For a very quiet room, we would go with Sheraton. Hope that helps!

I didn't have any issues with sound outside of ambient freeway noise , as I was facing the freeway.
However I usually keep the tv on at night to help me sleep and it doesn't affect me personally. My bf on the other hand would hate it lol. Hyatt House was the WORST experience for thin walls I've ever had..never again.

The normal doors closing I could hear some but the fact the beds were situated so far from the front door I feel helped.
Hope this helps !

If you don't have Marriott Platinum or higher status, I'd pick the Element which in my opinion has a superior free breakfast to the Springhill. The Element is soundproofed but the fridge and air conditioning make noise.

The Marriott is an option if you have Suite Night Awards to burn but I only got a studio which has space for a family but not necessarily beds. I haven't been to the Sheraton post-remodel but it should theoretically have the nicest rooms of the four options. But the food in their lounge was worse than the Marriott's before the remodel.

If you don't have Marriott Platinum or higher status, I'd pick the Element which in my opinion has a superior free breakfast to the Springhill. The Element is soundproofed but the fridge and air conditioning make noise.

The Marriott is an option if you have Suite Night Awards to burn but I only got a studio which has space for a family but not necessarily beds. I haven't been to the Sheraton post-remodel but it should theoretically have the nicest rooms of the four options. But the food in their lounge was worse than the Marriott's before the remodel.
Unfortunately we are only Gold. However, in my years of being platinum we’ve never had any SNAs go through (bonvoyed).
I think since we will be there for a week, I’m going to go with Springhill since it will provide the most space for us. Is the breakfast really bad?

Unfortunately we are only Gold. However, in my years of being platinum we’ve never had any SNAs go through (bonvoyed).
I think since we will be there for a week, I’m going to go with Springhill since it will provide the most space for us. Is the breakfast really bad?
The breakfast isn’t bad. If you’ve stayed at a Springhill or RI, you’ve probably had it before. There are self-serve waffle machines (they even have Mickey shaped waffles), oatmeal with different toppings, some sort of egg dish, a meat (usually sausage or bacon), potatoes, yogurt, fruit, hard boiled eggs, and bread, bagels, and English muffins for toast.

Last edited:
I didn't read through the whole thread, but if it is an option, it is nice & super close!! (across the street)
Fairfield Anaheim Resort

I didn't read through the whole thread, but if it is an option, it is nice & super close!! (across the street)
Fairfield Anaheim Resort
I was actually originally looking at that one as well, but I think we need more room.

The breakfast at the Springhill is very typical of this style of hotel in the US. Eggs, sausage, waffles, bread, etc. Not bad but I personally am not a fan of American style breakfast like this which is basically all carbs and oily/fatty meats. The Element has some slightly healthier things which is why I prefer it. But if you like waffles and other sugary things for breakfast, then the Springhill will feel normal.

The Springhill is a slightly better walk. The Element has full kitchens in the rooms. I prefer the Element but everybody has different priorities so if the Springhill seems like a good fit for you, it's not a bad hotel for the area.

The breakfast at the Springhill is very typical of this style of hotel in the US. Eggs, sausage, waffles, bread, etc. Not bad but I personally am not a fan of American style breakfast like this which is basically all carbs and oily/fatty meats. The Element has some slightly healthier things which is why I prefer it. But if you like waffles and other sugary things for breakfast, then the Springhill will feel normal.

The Springhill is a slightly better walk. The Element has full kitchens in the rooms. I prefer the Element but everybody has different priorities so if the Springhill seems like a good fit for you, it's not a bad hotel for the area.
Do you recall how long the walks were? I’ve seen reviews that have said anywhere from 7 to 40 minutes. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter