Help making shirts on a budget!

Sizzle

Mouseketeer
Howdy! I hope I'm posting this in the right section. I have phobias about bad board manners :D

I'm trying to make about 32 t-shirts for the guests of our upcoming wedding. I've gotten great info on This post for instructions to make shirts

And I've gotten my best shirt deal so far from jonestshirts
$93.84 roughly for all 32 shirts in a non white color. (which I was hoping to get much cheaper, but so far thats the lowest price I have found)

The best dark transfer deal I have found is from tshirtsupplies 25 transfers for $25.

this is my first time ever making group shirts and I'm hoping someone with more experience can chime in and tell me how I'm doing. Any suggestions for cutting costs?

I don't really think that you can get shirts much cheaper than $3 a piece, and $1/transfer is great. Really for a total of $4, that's a win.

A.C.Moore and Michaels put shirts on sale all the time for either 4 $10 or 5 $10, that will cut cost a little bit more. Also Walmart has the iron on paper for around $7 for 10 sheets. Or again, A.C.Moore or Michaels you can use the 50% coupons and get the transfer paper cheaper.

Two things you want to consider when choosing your iron on transfers. First, if you are using non white shirts, and your design has any white in it, then you will want to be sure you are purchasing dark iron on transfer paper. If you are pricing out light transfers, that means that all white areas of the design will be clear (or your shirt color).

Also, most times, you get what you pay for. If you only want the shirts to look nice for the first time they are worn, then you will be fine. But if you want them to last for your wedding guests, then buying cheap transfers may mean they shred or crack quickly, sometimes after the first wash.

Just some things to consider.

Also, I always order from jiffy shirts when I am ordering a lot. They have free shipping if you are ordering that much and they ship so fast.
I think the prices may be a little lower. Take a look at jiffy shirts to see...

I seen this blank apparel posted and they have some pretty good price
But as PP said $4 per shirt is pretty good cost.

Keep in mind that you generally get what you pay for. If you are looking for a cheap price, you are most likely going to get a cheap quality t-shirt.

I realize that 32 shirts is a lot, but for a few bucks more ($5-6 on ebay), you can probably get Hanes Beefy-T's (which are one of the best, if not the best).

I am going to get flamed for the below...

Coming from a guys point of view, don't make them like most brides do to the bridesmaids; make them buy a dress that might look very nice for that particular wedding, but hideous to wear for any other occasion!

Make a t-shirt that is high quality and that your guest would want to wear in the future!

Just my opinion...

Thank you for the feedback everyone. Being my first time doing shirts (and first time planning a destination wedding at Disney!) I was nervous about the details.

I'm aiming for a light blue shirt with white on the front and a second iron on for the back "And they lived happily ever after" which is of course increasing the costs. But I promised my fiance nothing would be pink.....so that's pretty nice, huh? ;)

Thanks again for your suggestions!

Hi everyone. sorry for the "hack" job on people links. But there have been some complaints. I did add something new that I saw when looking for the guidelins? It can be confusing. :confused3
According to the DIS guidelines
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm
you are not permitted to provide a link that promotes a commercial service or for-profit venture,

You may include your eBay or Etsy username in your signature, in plain text, as in this example: (eBay: myeBayname etsy: myetsyname) Any bolding, linking or additional description or embellishment will be considered advertising, and is not permitted.

If I may add my comment, Amy aka:M_I_C_K_E_Y has the best transfers. Perfect for everything. Also, this week AC Moore has tees on sale for 4 for 10 and they are either Hanes or Gildan...they have Gildan's ladies and those cuts are a bit better for ladies and they have many different shades of blue. Good luck with whatever you choose. And Blessings on your marriage.

Also, i just got an email from AC Moore with a coupon for 50% off of a non-sale item. Many times their larger sizes (2x or 3X) don't go on sale so you could use the coupon for that. It's only good till this saturday and the coupon is in the paper. I also only use Amy's shirts, they cost more, but in my opinion, worth it. Especially since I wear the same shirt on more than one trip. However, if you are buying a lower priced transfer, wash the shirts before you put it on and don't wash them again until after the person wears it for your wedding. That way if the transfer crackles it won't mess up your wedding. :goodvibes

If I may add also - I just received transfers from Amy aka M_I_C_K_E_Y and I LOVE them!! I have used some from Michael's, Hobby Lobby etc and these weren't bad but I rather the ones from Amy aka M_I_C_K_E_Y. My colors looked better and very easy to use. And from all the other raves I figured I could go wrong! And cost wise very good deal to me but of course just my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter