• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help Making Ride choices

sunflowerfields

Mouseketeer
I would like to ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Slinky Dog. In the past I rode Big Thunder Mountain and it about did me in! I think because it was hair pin turns and seemed very fast. I take dramamine before I go to the parks in the morning. I also ride Dinosaur, love it and never feel queasy on that. So, what I would like to know is how they compare to Dinosaur and Big Thunder. I feel like if they are more up and down and not fast turns I would be ok. For those who ride these, would you please share your thoughts? Thanks so much.

7Mine is a short version of tunder IMO. Is not as long or jerky. Slinky Dog is on my next trip list of must do!

Dinosaur isn't a roller coaster, so you really can't compare it to BTMRR, SDD or 7DMT. Dino is a slow ride that bounces around a lot. As coasters go, BTMRR is pretty slow, but it's a "rough" ride. That's what really stands out about it. 7DMT is roughly the same speed as BTMRR but smoother. It has a turn or two that has steeper banking, so you lean more into it, but it doesn't jerk you around like BTMRR. SDD is fairly similar to 7DMT, maybe a hair faster...maybe.

Mine Train is definitely much smoother and tamer than Thunder Mountain imo. I think you'll be fine on it!

I haven't gone on Slinky but it seems like the three dips in the middle of the ride would be hard on those with motion sickness. 7DMT is very smooth so even though it was somewhat fast and banked hard, it didn't bring up any of the motion sickness issues my family experiences on BTRR.

I find Dinosaur to be extremely jerky and almost back breaking so it is odd to me that you love that yet big Thunder is a no go....
7DMT and SDD are extremely smooth coasters. If my mom can handle it than anyone can is what I say lol.

Both are fun.
7DMT is smoother than BTMRR and doesn't have as many of the quick twists and turns. 7DMT, the cars move with the turns so you don't feel them as much.
SDD is super smooth, even the starts are very smooth. The only place somebody with motion sickness might have a problem is the bunny hops at the end, but they are short and over quickly.

I find Dinosaur to be extremely jerky and almost back breaking so it is odd to me that you love that yet big Thunder is a no go....
7DMT and SDD are extremely smooth coasters. If my mom can handle it than anyone can is what I say lol.

I'm surprised myself that Dinosaur doesn't bother me! I have no idea why! LOL I know it isn't a coaster but just wondered if the other two could be compared to it by if they just went more up and down (and a little bit of curves). It sounds like SDMT might be the way to go, and if I do well on it then move on to Slinky! When I rode Big Thunder I just kept telling myself it's a short ride, it'll all be over soon. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter