• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help making a minor decision

dubo

Earning My Ears
I have a 4 & 2 year old and since we're not doing full days at the park and there's no time for everything, what do you think these toddlers would enjoy more, the Voyage of the Little Mermaid or the Beauty and the Beast show? Trying to plan out my HS park day, thanks! :-)

Little Mermaid! When my daughter was 2 this show mesmerized her. It's a small enclosed theater. They are both great shows!

They will like either! if Length of sitting matters B&B is 25 minutes, VOTLM is 17 minutes. Go with which one fits in your schedule better or you love more!

I love both shows but I do feel like VOTLM would probably keep the attention of toddlers better. And it's a much smaller theater so you'll be able to sit closer to the action there, too.

I read that Ursula the witch is pretty scary, is she really? Will my kids be scared you think?

Very comparable shows ... might depend on your kids and which movie you like better.

LM: Indoors, dark, some intense moments with Ursuala, thunder etc. Puppets, creative, use of video screen.

BB: Outdoors but covered, brightly lit so even "mob" scene is not scary. Straight up Broadway style.

I read that Ursula the witch is pretty scary, is she really? Will my kids be scared you think?
you know your kids best, look on youtube for videos of the shows and you can make an informed decision. Since VOTLM is an enclosed theater the thunder/lightning/rain effects combined with the HUGE Sea Witch can be frightening

At those ages, my kids were afraid of everything! Disney movies ALL had villians that were "too scary" and they only wanted to watch My Little Pony because it was literally all rainbows and unicorns. They were afraid in VOTLM but holding hands and covering eyes was sufficient

It really just depends on your kids- DD was scared of LM when she was 4 because of Ursula but now she loves it. DS is bored during B&B but loves LM... Maybe try sitting towards the back if you do LM incase your children get scared during the part when Ursula comes out... if you sit in the front, you are REALLY close to the stage- it's a rather small theater.

It really just depends on your kids-
This!

When I went with my nephews, the little one (5) was afraid of loud sudden noises. He wasn't scared of Ursala, but the thunder was a big deal.

I don't remember the B&B show, though I'm sure I've seen it. But regardless, there's no way around you needing to know your own kids.

I would probably choose Little Mermaid if I had to choose 1 but I do know of a coworker whose son is 2 and he is scared of it. My kids are 4 and 2 also but the 2 yr old has never been and the 4 yr old went when he was 9 months old, so I have no idea how mine will react.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter