Help...lost AP...leaving tomorrow

mackeymouse4eva

Mouseketeer
Unbelievable....I always keep my tickets together so I'm not sure what happened BUT....I can't find our Annual Passes and I leave tomorrow!!!! Of course I'm still hoping I will locate them when I get home tonight but I'm afraid I may be up a creek without a paddle . What can I do? Or am I out of luck? I think I had them in WDW because I was sorting out a Million key cards and old tickets, to make sure there were no days left on them. Now that everything there is Magicbands, I wanted to make sure I knew what was what. I probably put the tickets in the room safe so I wouldn't lose them...now I wonder , could I have left them there?? I'm so frazzled because I'm stuck at work and want to be home searching!!! Add to this that I'm trying to balance weather issues just to get from the East Coast to the West Coast ...YIKES!

Unbelievable....I always keep my tickets together so I'm not sure what happened BUT....I can't find our Annual Passes and I leave tomorrow!!!! Of course I'm still hoping I will locate them when I get home tonight but I'm afraid I may be up a creek without a paddle . What can I do? Or am I out of luck? I think I had them in WDW because I was sorting out a Million key cards and old tickets, to make sure there were no days left on them. Now that everything there is Magicbands, I wanted to make sure I knew what was what. I probably put the tickets in the room safe so I wouldn't lose them...now I wonder , could I have left them there?? I'm so frazzled because I'm stuck at work and want to be home searching!!! Add to this that I'm trying to balance weather issues just to get from the East Coast to the West Coast ...YIKES!

Firstly, I'd call the WDW resort you were staying at and see if they were found. Items left in the safe are taken to the resorts lost and found and stored there. I left a pair of keys in my room's safe and when I called they had them and were able to mail them back to me without any problems. I think items are held for at least 30 days.

If the resort did not find the item, then you'll have to pay for a replacement AP, but you aren't out of luck. You'll need to call Disneyland AP Member Services and get it dealt with, but it's better than not having the AP.

REPLACEMENTS: If a Passport is lost or stolen, the Passholder is asked to report the situation immediately to a Disneyland Resort Main Entrance ticket booth, or, by calling the Annual Passholder Member Services line at (714) 781-PASS (7277). A non-refundable fee of twenty dollars ($20.00) is required to replace a Passport. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to receive a replacement Passport.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/apterms/

Firstly, I'd call the WDW resort you were staying at and see if they were found. Items left in the safe are taken to the resorts lost and found and stored there. I left a pair of keys in my room's safe and when I called they had them and were able to mail them back to me without any problems. I think items are held for at least 30 days.

If the resort did not find the item, then you'll have to pay for a replacement AP, but you aren't out of luck. You'll need to call Disneyland AP Member Services and get it dealt with, but it's better than not having the AP.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/apterms/

Thank you!! A replacement fee for $20 is FINE ...better than no tickets!!! I'm still hoping to find them tonight (although I can't imagine where I haven't already looked!) . We are arriving Sunday & we're not going into the parks until Monday, so this should give us time to replace the missing APs . I will also give POR a call to see if they were in Lost & Found....although I would have thought they might have called me if they were found in the room because my name is listed on the pass.

Now IF we could only go 48hrs without snow on the East Coast I may just make it to Walts Happy Place!

I forgot ours at home last year! Realized RIGHT WHEN WE LANDED at LAX after a 5.5 hr flight! I was so panicked!!! Called and they said a 20.00 fee per AP. But the day of, dh told them we had left a small bag in our cab back in Toronto that had passes and medications in it (not true) and they gave them to us at no charge! Depends who you get and what your story is ;)

Definitely call POR and see if they have them. I believe (like you) that if they did find them...they would have contacted you somehow.
Hopefully you find a CM who can issue them at no charge for some added Pixie Dust.

...although I would have thought they might have called me if they were found in the room because my name is listed on the pass.

I think for privacy reasons, they won't call you about items found in your room after you've checked out. They'll wait for you to call them looking for it.

dh told them we had left a small bag in our cab back in Toronto that had passes and medications in it (not true) and they gave them to us at no charge! Depends who you get and what your story is ;)

I do not recommend lying to the CM to try and avoid paying the replacement fee.

I would just go to the ticket window the first day you are there. They will issue a courtesy 1 day pass as a replacement, but to get the actual new AP card it is supposed to be $20. I would let them know you may have left it in the safe at WDW, maybe they will help you out with the replacement fee

I TOTALLY agree. In 2002, our house burned down. We lost EVERYTHING. I called Disneyland and reported our APs (6 of them) were lost in the fire. I was fully ready to pay $20 each. (Insurance would have covered.) Instead, I arrived at guest services our next trip, to find they had the passes ready, and gave us FPs to help ease the pain.

Karma does exist. What goes around comes around.

I TOTALLY agree. In 2002, our house burned down. We lost EVERYTHING. I called Disneyland and reported our APs (6 of them) were lost in the fire. I was fully ready to pay $20 each. (Insurance would have covered.) Instead, I arrived at guest services our next trip, to find they had the passes ready, and gave us FPs to help ease the pain.

Karma does exist. What goes around comes around.

I think a police report or an itemized list from the fire department or insurance company would have gotten the fee waived as well.

Figuring how much we spent on them - I took a photo of the back of each pass with my phone when we got them - just in case we lost them we'd have something to show Disney as they search to look them up in their computer.

And yes, a $20 fee to replace something YOU lost is not a big deal - if they were stolen that is another thing, but I agree, take responsibility for your own misplacement!

While I am always glad to hear of pixie dust being given, it often annoys me because we didn't get it.

DH had his and DS's APs in a Disney-made lanyard pouch on a Disney-made lanyard. He went on a Disney ride, California Screamin'. Just before the loop he felt it pull, and didn't act in time, and the Disney-made pouch pulled off of the Disney-made lanyard because of the forces on it as it rested under the Disney ride's shoulder harness.

It would have landed on the Disney-owned-and-maintained ground below the ride.

We were told that the CMs go through the ground under the ride every day and when it was found it would be turned in and we wouldn't have to pay for the replacement.

They didn't find it. We got to pay.

We didn't lose it. A Disney-made product failed, and Disney CMs failed to find it.

Wish we'd gotten some pixie dust.

While I am always glad to hear of pixie dust being given, it often annoys me because we didn't get it.

DH had his and DS's APs in a Disney-made lanyard pouch on a Disney-made lanyard. He went on a Disney ride, California Screamin'. Just before the loop he felt it pull, and didn't act in time, and the Disney-made pouch pulled off of the Disney-made lanyard because of the forces on it as it rested under the Disney ride's shoulder harness.

It would have landed on the Disney-owned-and-maintained ground below the ride.

We were told that the CMs go through the ground under the ride every day and when it was found it would be turned in and we wouldn't have to pay for the replacement.

They didn't find it. We got to pay.

We didn't lose it. A Disney-made product failed, and Disney CMs failed to find it.

Wish we'd gotten some pixie dust.

You know Molly, I wish you'd gotten the Pixie Dust instead of the person who decided to lie.

I think for privacy reasons, they won't call you about items found in your room after you've checked out. They'll wait for you to call them looking for it.

I'm shocked at the audacity of the poster who lied to save themselves twenty bucks, and the extra audacity to brag about it online.

But that aside, I can speak from very recent experience that (at DL, at least) they will definitely call you after you've checked out. On my last stay at the GCH about a month ago, I apparently forgot to open and pack an entire drawer of clothes. They called me at home before I had even unpacked our suitcases and gave a vague description of some items we "might have left in our room". When I was able to fill in the details they told me they had the stuff at lost & found and I could either come back within 90 days to pick it up (which I did) or they would mail it to us at home free of charge. That's what I call Disney service!

Wow! I've replaced my WDW AP twice in the last 6 months. This is good to know since we're planning on DL APs later this year! No charge for it here on the east coast.

I have never paid a fee to have a pass replaced. They looked it up with the credit card I used to buy it.

I TOTALLY agree. In 2002, our house burned down. We lost EVERYTHING. I called Disneyland and reported our APs (6 of them) were lost in the fire. I was fully ready to pay $20 each. (Insurance would have covered.) Instead, I arrived at guest services our next trip, to find they had the passes ready, and gave us FPs to help ease the pain. Karma does exist. What goes around comes around.

Incredible how people like yourselves can lose everything but expect nothing given to you, while others expect so much just handed to them! Your story reminds me of a customer we had at my work 5 years ago. There were terrible bushfires in rural Victoria and 173 people died and thousands lost their homes. This customer came from the worst hit town and had lost everything - including the crutches he'd rented from us when visiting family a couple of weeks earlier. He came in to apologise for the loss of the crutches and to pay for them! Naturally, we just gave him his deposit back. He didn't even have a wallet to put it in. It makes me sick that people will lie just because they think they're entitled to something. I fear that companies will eventually get sick of hearing so many fake sob stories that they'll stop believing the real ones.

I must apologize that my last post was so upsetting that it made some people 'sick' and that now karma is out to get me. I absolutely believe in karma and I'll admit I did look at that as good karma for myself so interesting to see another perspective. Our trips are planned to the penny and we are very fortunate to get away and I have a wonderful woman who takes over for me while I'm away thank God or it wouldn't be possible at all. I run a feral cat rescue and feeding colony here all out of my own pocket. While forgetting was definitely my fault I would much rather see the 100.00 to replace all passes go towards vet funding and food for the colony I take care of, even though 100.00 doesn't go very far. In my eyes the homeless and abused animals I rescue deserve the money more than disney (as much as I love disney). I grew up in an abusive home and am very fortunate to be free of that now and being able to afford to do something I love (rescuing animals and getting them into loving homes of their own)...but it isn't cheap unfortunately.
Anyways, I was offering some help to the poster in case she was really stuck as replacing for a family can get expensive and everybody makes me mistakes and we lose and forget things. I'm also sorry to the poster who dropped theirs on a ride...that really sucks :( I was actually shocked to wake up to the flaming but I guess in hindsight I shouldn't have bothered posting. Sorry again. Carry on, this is all you will hear from me on this topic as I am not looking for a debate.

Not true. We've had things shipped back to us without a phone call, and we have been called to be alerted we have left something behind.

After Christmas, we were called within 6 hours of checking out of the Disneyland Hotel that we had left behind one of our service dog's balls. They were going to overnight it to us... (We told them to hang on to it and we'd pick it up at Tink.)

I fear that companies will eventually get sick of hearing so many fake sob stories that they'll stop believing the real ones.
That's my fear too. "I support the orphans in Slovania, so I'm not going to get a ticket for my 3yo, as the money is better spent over there..." I'm glad you support the orphans, but that doesn't mean you cheat and steal from one company to support your personal charity. If you can't afford it, then don't do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter