• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help!!!Im totally confused!!Disney sent me.....

I understand that. I'm just clarifying that whatever tags she received in advance have nothing to do with checking baggage for her return flight.

Yep, I said that, too. ;) Wish Disney would transfer my bags for me at home, though.

I think we got yellow ME tags left on our door at the resort the night before leaving along with the paper that had the time of the ME pickup. You could put them on your bags and call Bell Services and then Bell Services would get them from your room, check them in, and take them to the airport and get them put on the plane. Basically it cut out the step of having to take your own bags to the RAC desk.

But I can't say for certain that what the PP is describing is for that.

but I'll try to explain. You should have 1 yellow Magical Express tag for each member of your party. Each tag should be maybe 2 inches wide by about 18 inches long. Be aware the tags may be attached (2 tags attached along the length of the tag) and will need to be separated along the LONG edge. On each end of the tag is a peel-off of about 3-4 inches which exposes a very sticky area on each end. Put the tag through the luggage handle and stick the two sticky ends together. This makes a loop of the tag around the handle. I promise, it won't come off.

And you do NOT get yellow tags for the trip home!! The yellow tags tell the baggage handlers to send your bags to Disney upon arrival. They have nothing to do with the trip home and you should remove the ones used on the trip down before you leave your reosrt or drop the bags at RAC.

I think we got yellow ME tags left on our door at the resort the night before leaving along with the paper that had the time of the ME pickup. You could put them on your bags and call Bell Services and then Bell Services would get them from your room, check them in, and take them to the airport and get them put on the plane. Basically it cut out the step of having to take your own bags to the RAC desk.

I thought you had to check your bags yourself (security and all). DME does leave a little envelope on your door a day or two before checkout (I always get sad when I see it), but I've never known of an option to have someone else check your bags.

OK, OP, here ya go...

dme_tag.jpg

DME tag, which Disney uses to get your bags to your resort, then your room.

Etiquettes-bagages-LUG_0.jpg

Not WDW luggage tag, but this is how it would attach; just pretty, used to ID your bag if lost.

Make sense?

Thanx you guys i think i finally got it now... DME only sent me 3 yellow tags and i have 5 ppl in my party ... I already called a week ago to tell them to mail me some more but im still waiting :confused3

How soon before your trip do you receive the envelope with the "free" tags?

I'm leaving May 1st. I got the DME booklet with the yellow tags one day last week. The bigger envelope with the plastic luggage tags I got two days ago (3/29).

Are you sure about this? I go to WDW 4-6 times a year and have never gotten the yellow DME tags to go home. We always get them about a month before our trips. Those yellow tags are only used at MCO as flags that the luggage needs to be pulled behind the scenes, so they are not sent out into the baggage claim area. They are then used at WDW to sort the luggage into carts depending on which resort they go to. The night before you go home all you should be getting is an evelope with a single piece of paper in it, telling you your pick up time and the phone number to call if you need to pay any luggage fees. On the day you go home if you don't pull the yellow tags off, the RAC people do. Those yellow tags are only for luggage going to the resorts, not home. If you look at them you will see they have the name of your resort, not your home airport code on them. Also we've always had to check our own bags at the RAC desk, because they have to see our photo ID, before they'll tag the luggage and print our boarding passes. We have to be at the RAC desk, because they weigh the luggage, check the confirmation number showing that we called and paid the required baggage fees, and check those photo IDs. Bell Services will come get the luggage and take it down to the RAC desk, but we still have to go down there to check the bags in ourselves.:confused3

Again I go to WDW several times a year and always use DME. Those yellow tags are only for incoming checked bags, not homeward bound bags. I think it's funny, every trip I see people at the airport in line for the DME buses that have those yellow tags on their carry on bags.:confused3 I also see people on our last day with those yellow tags still on their checked bags and people at the RAC desk are tearing them off, before putting the airline claim tags on them.:rotfl:

Thanx you guys i think i finally got it now... DME only sent me 3 yellow tags and i have 5 ppl in my party ... I already called a week ago to tell them to mail me some more but im still waiting :confused3

If for some reason you don't get the extra 2 before your trip, don't worry! When the airline checks your bag for the trip, they give you a sticker that they'll usually put on the back of the ticket, it's the "claim receipt." They give you this so that if your bag gets lost, they can find it easier. It also allows Disney to find your bag (and not someone else's bag!) So, if you don't get them, make a note when you're at the airport of which claim tickets correspond to the unmarked (with a yellow tag) bag. Take those claim tickets to the ME counter in MCO and they'll pick up the bags for you!

Thanks for the responses. I looked at them again and not only does it have the wrong date but also my husbands name instead of mine which everything is listed under.

hmmm wonder if he was trying to surprise me with something :confused3

Thanks for the responses. I looked at them again and not only does it have the wrong date but also my husbands name instead of mine which everything is listed under.

hmmm wonder if he was trying to surprise me with something :confused3

There should be a set of two tags for everyone on the reservation. Actually, I think we may have only gotten one tag last time. Anyway, each person should have their own, but it will also have the "lead guest's" name, as well.

For example, mine says:

PolyndianPrincess
PolyndianPrincess

but DS's says:

LittlePolyBoy
PolyndianPrincess

At least that's how it's been every time we've used them. Not sure why your dates would be different, though. Just call and ask.

We didn't get any of the hard luggage tags with the castle on it for our trip last week?? Do they send these at random or is everyone supposed to get them? Not that it matters now....but just wondering. We had it booked 3 months in advance.
Only get that if you book a package.

But the yellow tags are so flimsy...they are stickers that can easily rip or fall apart so how can you use those???Do I just wrap the sticker around the suitcase handle ??? Or do i wrap it around the hard tags ??
Nope, not flimsy at all....nearly indestructible. You've seen a photo by now, so should be all set. Just do not take off all the adhesive backing..just the little square at each end and stick those squares together.

Do they send seperate yellow tags for your flight home? I recieved two sets in two seperate mailings. I just looked at the second set and it has the day before leave on it.
Are you switching resorts at any time??

You do not get yellow tags to go home. Only for arrival. Be sure to remove ALL yellow tags from your luggage before departing from your resort.

There should be a set of two tags for everyone on the reservation. Actually, I think we may have only gotten one tag last time. Anyway, each person should have their own, but it will also have the "lead guest's" name, as well.

For example, mine says:

PolyndianPrincess
PolyndianPrincess

but DS's says:

LittlePolyBoy
PolyndianPrincess

At least that's how it's been every time we've used them. Not sure why your dates would be different, though. Just call and ask.

You only get one tag per person now. If you need more than that, you can request more from DME directly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter