Help...I'm stuck!

Sandy Feet

Mouseketeer
Please give me your suggestions, again. I can't seem to get an itinerary worked out. The Unofficial Guide is a great book, LOVE it, and we're planning to use the daily touring plans and take a break from the parks in the afternoon for a rest. We do realise we can't fit it all into one visit, but I want to maximise the time we do have and so far have not had much luck. Shopping time is important because we don't have stores where we live and ds dying to go to nike outlet :rolleyes: and we need to stock up on school supplies and clothes. We are thrilled our friends are joining us for the weekend, even though this adds another dimension to the planning aspect.

In case some of you don't know, here are the details so far.
Family of 5 (3 kids:15,11 and 7)
Last 2 weeks of August
Staying off-site.
FITS passes and Universal 5 day passes

Day 1 :
Arrive early evening, check-in, dinner at nearby restaurant
Considering PS but worried after travelling all day we'll be too tired and also don't know how long it'll take us to get rental car, etc. We arrive at airport at 5:30pm.

Day 2:
(am) Activate FITS passes
Shop at outlet mall (thought it best to get this out of the way.) and stock condo.
(pm) Dinner where? Don't want to be out too late because of early PS next morning.

Day 3:
(am) PS at CRT, tour MK.
(pm) friends arrive, eat at condo
*Where's the best place to get birthday cake for friend?

Day 4:
(am) Blizzard Beach
(noon) Boys/Dads head off for overnight trip
(pm) what should Moms/Girls do after nap time?

Day 5:
(am) Girls tour MGM: playhouse disney etc
(noon) Boys return. Friends leave.

Day 6:
(am) Epcot all day?
(pm) Epcot World Showcase/Illuminations
PS at Rose and Crown

Day 7 - 14????
Other parks, fireworks, Universal, Kennedy Space Center....agghh I'm going nuts:crazy:

Thank you, thank you for any and all help.

Hi EsmeraldaX :wave2:

Here's the FITS pass info. We're using our meal voucher at CRT. :)

Disney's Florida Fun in the Sun Ticket
* Your Florida Fun-in-the-Sun Ticket entitles you to admission for thirty (30)consecutive days to the MAGIC KINGDOM Park, EPCOT, Disney-MGM Studios Park, DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM Theme Park, DISNEY'S BLIZZARD BEACH Water Park, DISNEY'S TYPHOON LAGOON Water Park, DOWNTOWN DISNEY Pleasure Island, the DISNEYQUEST Indoor Interactive Theme Park, DISNEY'S WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS Complex, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Center, Salvador Dali Museum, Edison-Ford Winter Estates, Miami Seaquarium, and Everglades Safari Park, starting with the first day of use at ANY park or attraction listed below. (Admission to sporting events at DISNEY'S WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS Complex is valid only on events days; some events require an additional admission charge).

* One (1) Traditional Resort Breakfast or Disney Character Breakfast at participating restaurants located within the WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort. Each breakfast includes choice of juice, one (1) main breakfast dish, one (1) hot beverage and one (1) bakery item OR full breakfast buffet. Applicable gratuities are included. (Priority Seating is required).

* Use of the WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort transportation system (includes monorails, ferry boats and motorcoaches).

* The Florida Fun-in-the-Sun Ticket expires 29 days after the date of first use.

Part of my frustration with planning is that after reading these boards sooo much I feel I should be doing a much better job and that it should be easier.

First an foremost, what are FITS passes? Fun in the Sun passes? I'm not sure what they entail; are they like park hoppers? I know they give you 30 days at various places but are they limited? How many days do you get? Will the guys be able to spend any time at MGM? Also, do you plan on having many meals in your condo?

Day 1.

I don't think you'll need a PS late evening in late August if you opt to eat onsite at an off time. But if your passess are not hoppers I would not waste a day just to get food. We have no problems walking to WS restaraunts in late Feb during off times. And if you are referring to just eating off site, I'm sure you will have no problem at all. You don't want to skip a meal here, whatever you end up doing. Arriving at the airport at 5:30, after getting rental car and luggage, I'd say you could easily be to WDW by 8.

Day 2. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY!

But on vacation to WDW, I would not waste an entire day shopping at outlet stores, but if that is a priority I guess it's up to you. You say you have no stores near you? Where do you live? Or do you mean you have no outlet stores? Checking out the Nike outlet will take you an hour at most! Again, if you can hop I'd maybe do the outlet thing in the AM and then go to the parks later in the day. Maybe have dinner at the parks.

Day 3.

You'll love CRT! Depending on crowds you will be able to do a bit at MK. What time do you leave to see your friends? If it is midday, could they perhaps meet you at the park for dinner?

Use fastpass whenever possible in the parks. It helps.

Day 4.

Maybe Moms & Girls should spend the day doing girly stuff that the guys might not be as interested in. Tour the resorts and look at the pretty flowers and topiaries or to the World Showcase and browse the shops. Take in Afternoon Tea at the GF or do a special character meal, like the Cinderella Feast at GF.

Day 5

Definately check out the girly things like the little mermaid and B&TB show if the guys have no interest in them while you are at MGM with just the girls.

Day 6

Epcot all day is great. You have older kids who will probably like it. Your DS will like Mission Space and Test Track! Epcot is huge and takes a lot longer than it seems!

Later in the week, you should check out Animal Kingdom. Your kids will love getting soaked on Kali Rapids. The attractions at AK are great. A lot of people badmouth AK but I don't get them. AK is definately worth a day. Perhaps make Day 7 split between AK and Disney Quest at night.

Disney Quest will appeal to your older kids esp. The build your own coaster & then ride it thing is neat!

You will want at least a few days at Universal and Islands of Adventure. I was personally bored there after 3 but I don't like thrill rides much. But Spiderman is AMAZING.

My tip for you, get to Island of Adventure EARLY. When it opens. Before it opens. The lines for some of the popular rides there become awful, even with their speed pass thing later in the day; but we got there at park opening in Feb and got on Spiderman 6 times in a row!!

Other things to consider doing are SeaWorld. There are some neat rides and the animals are neat! Maybe even take a day and do the swim with dolphins thing. Do a backstage tour at one of the WDW parks. Take a day and rent boats at WDW. You can rent from the hotels even if you are not staying there. Go horseback riding at FW. Do a dinner show or two, on or offsite. Medieval Times is pretty nifty for off site and the Hoop Dee Doo is great onsite.

Depending on your style of WDW passes, you may want to do an extra day in MK or MGM. Do not miss Fantasmic or the other park nighttime shows. They are all amazing.

Whatever you do, HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

:wave2: Hi Sandy Feet,
A couple of questions :D . Are you planning to use all five days of the Universal parks? Do you have any other Ps's planned? Where are you staying?

Sorry so many questions.

Originally posted by Sandy Feet
Hi EsmeraldaX :wave2:

Here's the FITS pass info. We're using our meal voucher at CRT. :)

Disney's Florida Fun in the Sun Ticket
* Your Florida Fun-in-the-Sun Ticket entitles you to admission for thirty (30)consecutive days to the MAGIC KINGDOM Park, EPCOT, Disney-MGM Studios Park, DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM Theme Park, DISNEY'S BLIZZARD BEACH Water Park, DISNEY'S TYPHOON LAGOON Water Park, DOWNTOWN DISNEY Pleasure Island, the DISNEYQUEST Indoor Interactive Theme Park, DISNEY'S WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS Complex, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Center, Salvador Dali Museum, Edison-Ford Winter Estates, Miami Seaquarium, and Everglades Safari Park, starting with the first day of use at ANY park or attraction listed below. (Admission to sporting events at DISNEY'S WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS Complex is valid only on events days; some events require an additional admission charge).

* One (1) Traditional Resort Breakfast or Disney Character Breakfast at participating restaurants located within the WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort. Each breakfast includes choice of juice, one (1) main breakfast dish, one (1) hot beverage and one (1) bakery item OR full breakfast buffet. Applicable gratuities are included. (Priority Seating is required).

* Use of the WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort transportation system (includes monorails, ferry boats and motorcoaches).

* The Florida Fun-in-the-Sun Ticket expires 29 days after the date of first use.

Part of my frustration with planning is that after reading these boards sooo much I feel I should be doing a much better job and that it should be easier.

Doh! I responded before reading this!

Don't worry. You have two weeks and sometimes, overplanning is worse than underplanning. You are going during an average attendance period. You'll have time and fun and sounds like this FITS pass gives you lots of flexibility.

A lot will depend on what your kids want to do! (ie. shop at the outlets... probably would have wanted to do that too at 15! Now at 28 I think...vacation = fun and shopping = not fun anymore!lol!)

I can't see the kids having that much fun at The estates or the Dali museum, unless they are really interested in art. :)

If possible do both water parks. Typhoon Lagoon has a neat shark reef where you can snorkel. There is also mini golf at WDW which is great on non park nights.

:wave2: hello

More info: We live on a tiny Caribbean island with nothing to do but the beach every weekend. Sigh, it's a rough life but someone's gotta live it ;) Most of our shopping is done over the internet so shopping in Orlando is important, but nooo we don't want to spend all day at an outlet mall. We do want to visit another mall sometime though. Heck, coming from here even Walmart is exciting. LOL

Is the mini golf place open at night? Where could I get more info on hours etc? This something we wanted to do on our last vacation and idn't have time.

On Day 3 our friends arrive in the evening and we've already agreed to eat at "home" since their 2yr old will be tired and we'll be able to catch up more easily with them than at a restaurant because we can put the kids to bed.

We would like to do both water parks. BB seems a better choice for when we have a younger child along. Although that summit plummet thing scares the you-know-what out of me!

The Dali museum would've been interesting to all of us, but it's just too far away for this trip. We'd rather go to KSC for an all day kind of trip.

Question: Do you need to buy a park pass to get to a PS dinner at Crystal Palace?

Question: Do you need to buy a park pass to get to a PS dinner at Crystal Palace?

Yes. Any restaurants inside the parks require a day's admission to eat at. This is not true of the Rainforest Cafe at Ak because you can enter the restaurant without going through the park's gates.

There is great shopping in the Orlando area. We plan to spend at least a few days shopping when we are there for two weeks in late November/December. Make sure you allot a good deal of time for Downtown Disney. Great shopping and a really neat area. There are also numerous outlet malls and shops all over the area. You could always spend a morning and early afternoon at a park and then head out to do some shopping in the evening or vice versa.

There are a lot of mini golf places in the area and they are open late. The Disney courses are very expensive, imo. We have done Pirate's Cove mini golf and enjoyed it.

Walmart's open 24 hrs! :p Honestly depending on how tired you are the evening you arrive I would make a stop at Walmart on your way to the condo. That way you will have your grocery shopping and back to school necessities out of the way. Walmart and the Belz outlets aren't really close to each other so that will save some commute time on your outlet day. That is depending on where your condo is.

The Belz outlet is really close to Universal, there is a Nike Factory Store there.

Belz Orlando Web Site

The Premium Outlets are very close to the exit of Downtown Disney, driving thru the DTD Hotels. there is a very nice Adidas Outlet store for us guys interested in sports. Also Nike, Reebok, Puma stores.

Premium Outlet Web Site

:wave2: hello

More info: We live on a tiny Caribbean island with nothing to do but the beach every weekend. Sigh, it's a rough life but someone's gotta live it ;)

Oh - that stinks! I'll trade you for awhile - we have a WalMart right here in town! ;)

Barbara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter