Help! I'm a DLRP Menu addict!!

yeah the first few days my mom was so embarrassed that i was taking food pics but i was like i have to or bob will kill me :rotfl2:

:thumbsup2 The right attitude to have! I would have cried if you'd brought no food piccies back!

Oh I am completely addicted to planning my holiday, I like nothing better than reading through restaurant reviews, hotel reviews, anything to do with DLP. As some of you mentioned planning is definitely all part of the fun...even when things don't go quite according to those plans...:laughing:

thank god for this forum, I can prove to my DBF that I'm not a raving lunatic, there are others who want to book their meals for June now!:rotfl:

as I mentioned we're heading in June, really looking forward to it and trying to decide on our eating plans, have to take in to account we're on a budget this year so there'll be a mcdonalds had at least once but hoping to return to the Rain Forest Cafe and Annettes and on paying our first visit to Cafe Mickey and the buffet at the Cheyenne...

In two minds about whether to try the Blue Lagoon, want to have a special meal on our first night and as the park is open til 10 thought this might be a good option (thanks to Bobs wonderful review ;) ) seems a little pricey though...so I'll see how the finances are closer to the time...
:)

xoxo

:wave2: Welcome to the madhouse! Nice to see someone else who signs things 'xoxo'.... :thumbsup2

We really loved the Blue Lagoon.... I know some people have had bad experiences there, but my theory turned into: "Everyone has a bad experience somewhere....".... So may as well give things a go! We really loved it.... The Swordfish is amazing!! They do a set menu for 29 Euro for three courses if thats any help?? It doesn't include drinks, but it often works out like you're getting a course for free (Thats how I think of it anyway!)....

Cafe Mickey is awesome- Disney just ain't Disney without CM if you ask me!!

Bob xxoxoxoxox

Thank you!:goodvibes oh yeah!you do it too!just always sign 'xoxo' at the end of letters, txt msgs ect.. so why not here!:)

your meal did look AMAZING!!! your definitely right about everyone having a bad experience somewhere, really just depends on the day so I wouldn't rule something out if the majority of reviews are positive...I have to admit I was dribling a little looking at that swordfish:laughing: it's my favourite thing for dinner in the whole world!:lovestruc and you make a good point about essentially getting one course for free...you know what Bob you've twisted my arm, I'm gonna go for it! and if we have to have mcdonalds two of the other 6 nights so be it!

I've heard such good things about CM, can't believe we didn't do it last time but just gave us a reason to go back! from what I gather you've eaten there before without kids?because I'm going with just the boyfriend and was worried that maybe the characters wouldn't come around to us if there are no kids at the table...but thats not the case is it?
xoxox

Thank you!:goodvibes oh yeah!you do it too!just always sign 'xoxo' at the end of letters, txt msgs ect.. so why not here!:)

your meal did look AMAZING!!! your definitely right about everyone having a bad experience somewhere, really just depends on the day so I wouldn't rule something out if the majority of reviews are positive...I have to admit I was dribling a little looking at that swordfish:laughing: it's my favourite thing for dinner in the whole world!:lovestruc and you make a good point about essentially getting one course for free...you know what Bob you've twisted my arm, I'm gonna go for it! and if we have to have mcdonalds two of the other 6 nights so be it!

I've heard such good things about CM, can't believe we didn't do it last time but just gave us a reason to go back! from what I gather you've eaten there before without kids?because I'm going with just the boyfriend and was worried that maybe the characters wouldn't come around to us if there are no kids at the table...but thats not the case is it?
xoxox

I always do too! :goodvibes

I love Swordfish, so it was about the only thing I wanted off the menu....!! :lmao: I think it may only be on the more expensive set menu though (39Euro I believe) so you might wanna check that before you go in.... We ordered two courses each, and Robert had a soft drink and I had a non alcoholic cocktail and it cost 73Euro, so that might give you an idea of a la carte prices?

Oh yes, no kiddies here! :laughing: I couldn't dream of going to Disney and not dining at Cafe Mickey.... The characters definately come and see you, and if they didn't I would happily go and ask why they weren't when I'm paying for a character dining experience! :rolleyes1 Thats just me though!

Bob xoxoxoxox

I'm in a DLP dining tizzy! We have halfboard plus for 5 nts.

Having only ever been to DLRP once before (2005) we've never done TS meals in the park only Annettes and Rainforest Cafe (which DH will never do again). I know I need to get booking soon.

We (2 adults and two pink ones aged 6 and 3) arrive on Sunday 24th May for 5 nights. We should arrive around 1pm.
I really want to do The Steakhouse, Cafe Mickey (face value) and Walts.....so where else shall we dine? What about the Silver Spur? Also read good things about the Cheyenne Buffet (we're staying at the Cheyenne).
The day we arrive we will have snacked on the journey down and I'm guessing we'll check in get our tickets and head for the park and grab a quick CS meal - the girls may be too tired for a full TS meal that day, can I use that days voucher on our last day? This day is the only day that the park doesn't close at 7pm. TS restarants in the park I'll probably book for lunch (Walts) and grab a quick bite in the village before bed, and switch that around for TS meals that we have in the village (do CS for lunch in the parks).

What do you think of this plan?

Sunday - arrive late lunchtime - Quick CS in the park.
Monday - EMH - Silver Spur for lunch? - CS inside or outside the park.
Tuesday - Studios - CS for lunch - The Steakhouse for dinner?
Wednesday - EMH - Walts for lunch - CS inside or outside the park.
Thursday - Studios- CS for lunch - Chuck Wagon for dinner?
Friday - checkout day :sad1: Can I use my leftover vouchers for lunch at Cafe Mickey at face value?

I'd love some advice from Menu Doctor Bob;)

I'm in a DLP dining tizzy! We have halfboard plus for 5 nts.

Having only ever been to DLRP once before (2005) we've never done TS meals in the park only Annettes and Rainforest Cafe (which DH will never do again). I know I need to get booking soon.

We (2 adults and two pink ones aged 6 and 3) arrive on Sunday 24th May for 5 nights. We should arrive around 1pm.
I really want to do The Steakhouse, Cafe Mickey (face value) and Walts.....so where else shall we dine? What about the Silver Spur? Also read good things about the Cheyenne Buffet (we're staying at the Cheyenne).
The day we arrive we will have snacked on the journey down and I'm guessing we'll check in get our tickets and head for the park and grab a quick CS meal - the girls may be too tired for a full TS meal that day, can I use that days voucher on our last day? This day is the only day that the park doesn't close at 7pm. TS restarants in the park I'll probably book for lunch (Walts) and grab a quick bite in the village before bed, and switch that around for TS meals that we have in the village (do CS for lunch in the parks).

What do you think of this plan?

Sunday - arrive late lunchtime - Quick CS in the park.
Monday - EMH - Silver Spur for lunch? - CS inside or outside the park.
Tuesday - EMH (studios) - CS for lunch - The Steakhouse for dinner?
Wednesday - EMH - Walts for lunch - CS inside or outside the park.
Thursday - EMH - (studios) CS for lunch - Chuck Wagon for dinner.
Friday - checkout day :sad1: Can I use my leftover vouchers for lunch at Cafe Mickey at face value?

I'd love some advice from Menu Doctor Bob;)

Hello Joanne! :wave2:

I don't think halfboard vouchers are dated, so I'm assuming you'd be free to use them on your last day... I'm assuming someone else will be able to confirm this! :thumbsup2

I love the look of your choices so far- I would definately keep the Steakhouse in for an evening meal! The food is fantastic, and it would be lovely to keep in for something special..... We're planning on trying the Silver Spur in September... We've not tried it yet, but I'm really excited for going there! I've heard good things about the Cheyenne buffet too- Quite basic, but good food! I would certainly consider Cafe Mickey for your last day- Your DD's would love it there if they like the characters.... I'm not sure about the face value thing though- I'm pretty sure you could, but I'd ask someone more familiar with the voucher system for confermation! I think your choices sound like you'd be in for some lovely meals and a lot of happy memories! :thumbsup2

Have you thought about which Counter Service places you'd like to try?

Bob xoxoxoxxo

Robert can't understand it either.... He actually dared to suggest we: "Just look when get there!!" :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: He was nearly sleeping on the sofa that night! :lmao:

Bob xoxoxoxox

I heard my sister's boyfriend say under his breath the other day "if she mentions the word HB+ vouchers again I am going ..........." :rotfl2:

The vouchers are dated for the dates you are there but not individual dates iyswim so you can use them on whichever days you want between those dates - you could even use 2 on the same day if you wanted for lunch and dinner

Hello Joanne! :wave2:

I don't think halfboard vouchers are dated, so I'm assuming you'd be free to use them on your last day... I'm assuming someone else will be able to confirm this! :thumbsup2

I love the look of your choices so far- I would definately keep the Steakhouse in for an evening meal! The food is fantastic, and it would be lovely to keep in for something special..... We're planning on trying the Silver Spur in September... We've not tried it yet, but I'm really excited for going there! I've heard good things about the Cheyenne buffet too- Quite basic, but good food! I would certainly consider Cafe Mickey for your last day- Your DD's would love it there if they like the characters.... I'm not sure about the face value thing though- I'm pretty sure you could, but I'd ask someone more familiar with the voucher system for confermation! I think your choices sound like you'd be in for some lovely meals and a lot of happy memories! :thumbsup2

Have you thought about which Counter Service places you'd like to try?

Bob xoxoxoxxo

Thanks Bob:thumbsup2 re: the menus on dlpfoodguide, how do I know what my halfboard+ vouchers cover? Do I have to choose from a set menu or freely (within reason) from the a la carte menu?

As for choosing my counter service, I haven't really thought about that too much yet. Any recommendations would be great, DH loves meat, particularly ribs. I love fish but nobody else in the family does:sad1: thats the only fussyiness!
I am a bit concerned about food choices at the studios, I have to admit.

Thanks Bob:thumbsup2 re: the menus on dlpfoodguide, how do I know what my halfboard+ vouchers cover? Do I have to choose from a set menu or freely (within reason) from the a la carte menu?

As for choosing my counter service, I haven't really thought about that too much yet? Any recommendations would be great, DH loves meat, particularly ribs. I love fish but nobody else in the family does:sad1: thats the only fussyiness!
I am a bit concerned about food choices at the studios, I have to admit.

You will have a specific set menu to choose from... Thats one thing I do know! They're indicated on the menus outside the restaurants by a blue cloud, except in Walts where I think you get a seperate menu altogether....

I would maybe consider a visit to the Cowboy Cookout in Frontierland- I think your DH might like it there! I did a list earlier today for someone (I believe it was Torres_Fan) of 'different' counter services.... In addition to those I listed, there are also:

*Toad Hall- Fantasyland: Serves Fish and Chips.... :goodvibes
*Cafe Hyperion- Discoveryland: What me and my DF lovingly call 'Disney McDonalds'....

I'm sure there's more I've forgotten about!

As for the Studios, we've never eaten there yet, and I'm afraid I don't know all that much about it.... :guilty: There are a few 'Disney McDonald' Counter services in there though, I know that much! If you have a look on the reviews thread you should find a full list there, along with some reviews which may help you make your choice.... :goodvibes

Hope thats helped a little bit!

Bob xoxoxoxoxox

My friend who works in DLP is coming to a character meal with me and Kyra, i just need to decide which one to drag him too :lmao:

I had a dream about being in the Rainforest Cafe last night- I don't think I'm normal!! :lmao:

Bob xoxoxoxo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter