Help! I need everything I need to know for my trip to WDW!

tiffaneeee

Mouseketeer
So I'm going to WDW from Aug 4 - Aug 10 :banana::banana: and I'm excited cuz it'll be my first time! Anything crucial I'll need to know for my trip there? Anything would be appreciated! :):yay:

So I'm going to WDW from Aug 4 - Aug 10 :banana::banana: and I'm excited cuz it'll be my first time! Anything crucial I'll need to know for my trip there? Anything would be appreciated! :):yay:

Lucky!!!! Bring good shoes and something to keep the rain off. It rains almost every day. Bring a lot of water. You also want to hit some of the most popular rides in the morning, because less people will be there. There is a lot more stuff you can do, I'm just too lazy to think of any right now, lol. But have fun!

That's awesome! I've never been in August, we usually go in late October or November. But things to do and remember include (Doodle already said a few of these):

-Water is good to have, especially in Animal Kingdom, the biggest and usually hottest part, and EPCOT, since you usually walk plenty there.

-For popular rides like the Mountains (Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain), Soarin', Peter Pan, Toy Story Mania, and others, try to get on those near the morning.

-If you're staying on-site, Fastpasses are useful

-If you have a pool at your hotel, make sure to bring your suit! On-site pools have 'pool parties', with games and prizes and dancing, it's fun

Have a good trip! :)

If you're staying onsite, take advantage of Extra Magic Hours- you can get lots of extra hours of park time and it's less crowded!

You may want to purchase rain ponchos, they come in handy a lot. Wear shoes you can be comfortable in if they get wet!

Ride as many rides as you can, and eat as much food as you can haha.

You don't have to be staying on site to use fastpass?? Fast passes are included in your ticket!

If you're staying onsite, take advantage of Extra Magic Hours- you can get lots of extra hours of park time and it's less crowded!

You may want to purchase rain ponchos, they come in handy a lot. Wear shoes you can be comfortable in if they get wet!

You don't have to be staying on site to use fastpass?? Fast passes are included in your ticket!

Oh, whoops *facedesk* Now I'm embarrassed...

Know your must-dos before you get to the park.

Take your time noticing all of the little details.

Head to the busy attractions first and make use of fast passes.

Drink lots of water.

Take as many pictures as possible.

Have a fantastic trip!

First, I hope you have a totally amazing first trip to the world!!!

~Contrary to what most people say, don't waste your time and energy bringing water bottles! All the little outdoor snack places (not the carts, but the actual restaurants) and any quick service restaurant will give you a cup of ice water for free. Take advantage of it!
~Go into it understanding and expecting to not be able to do EVERYTHING you want to do. It's said you can spend a year in WDW and not do it all. So, don't rush and get stressed about making it to every single ride. You'll be back.
~Use FastPass! You don't have to be staying on property. Any ticket works, and it's free. Scan your ticket and out comes the FastPass! But know that they enforce the return time more than they used to. Don't be early/late!
~Go to the resort and swim mid-day! If you just go go go, you'll be tired and grumpy by dinnertime and the rest of the night will be a flop.
~Save your souvenir money until the end of the trip! By then you'll have seen everything and know what you want most.
~Get to the park as early as possible! No sleeping in at Disney! Get there at Rope Drop (opening) and beeline towards the main attractions. For example, in Hollywood Studios, we run and get FPs for either Toy Story Mania or Tower of Terror and jump in line for Rock N' Roller Coaster! Then we've knocked out the biggest ones before lunch.
~There are no such thing as "kiddie rides" at Disney. Appreciate the story and theming in every ride, whether it goes 5 mph or 65!!!
~Like someone already said, eat a Dole Whip. They have them at Aloha Isle in Adventureland in Magic Kingdom. Be prepared to wait in line, but you'll be glad you did!
~WATCH STACEY'S MUST DO DISNEY IN THE RESORT ROOM
~Buy a starter pack of pins and trade with Cast Members!
~Always smile and be nice to Cast Members. You never know when they'll surprise you with "pixie dust"...
~Parks on Extra Magic Hours days are typically more crowded. Avoid them unless you plan on staying for Extra Magic Hours (Which you can only do if you are staying in a Disney resort)
~HAVE FUN!!! It's the happiest place on earth! Take your time, see the sights, and stop and smell the roses! It's your family's vacation, no one else's. So do what you want to do, even if it means you don't make it to every ride you wanted to make it to in one day! Everyone has a different vacation style.

Lucky!!!! Bring good shoes and something to keep the rain off. It rains almost every day. Bring a lot of water. You also want to hit some of the most popular rides in the morning, because less people will be there. There is a lot more stuff you can do, I'm just too lazy to think of any right now, lol. But have fun!

Okay! :) I'm kinda disappointed that it'll rain... Sorry I'm not really used to it since I live on the West Coast :teeth: Nonetheless I won't let any rain ruin my trip! :) Hm yeah the popular rides in the morning strategy is a good&clever one :scratchin haha i know it what it's like to feel lazy :thumbsup2 thank you so much! I appreciate it :)

That's awesome! I've never been in August, we usually go in late October or November. But things to do and remember include (Doodle already said a few of these):

-Water is good to have, especially in Animal Kingdom, the biggest and usually hottest part, and EPCOT, since you usually walk plenty there.

-For popular rides like the Mountains (Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain), Soarin', Peter Pan, Toy Story Mania, and others, try to get on those near the morning.

-If you have a pool at your hotel, make sure to bring your suit! On-site pools have 'pool parties', with games and prizes and dancing, it's fun

Have a good trip! :)

Oh the things I'd do to go in late October or November instead of August :sad1: I heard August is the busiest month in Disneyworld...

Okay I'll try to actually bring 5 bottles of water every day :teeth:

and I'll try to go on the good rides during morning EMH! :yay:

I am staying on-site actually! Fastpasses are granted to all guests who are residing on-site? :faint: :dance3:

Ooh okay! yay :) maybe I'll swim when there's not thunderstorms haha :cutie:

Thank you! And thanks for the advice! I'm thankful for it :goodvibes

Okay! Would it be a good idea to go to evening EMHs? I heard there's more people in evening EMHs :sad1:

Hm, rain poncho on my disneyland souvenir list then! :) okay! comfortable shoes like running shoes?

With only 5 days and the amount of shopping I'll do (I'm a shopping addict :love:) i'll have to really try to go on all the rides :guilty: and I'll prob gain like 10 pounds over the trip haha :woohoo:

Yay! Thanks for the advice haha :) I'll try to make this the best vacation I'll ever go on :dancer:

& FASTPASSES ARE INCLUDED IN MY TICKET? :eek: :banana:

Know your must-dos before you get to the park.

Take your time noticing all of the little details.

Head to the busy attractions first and make use of fast passes.

Drink lots of water.

Take as many pictures as possible.

Have a fantastic trip!

Noticing all of the little details? Like the Hidden Mickeys? haha ;)

Okay! I'll do that before shopping then...

A lot of water, check, and okay! :)

thank you! and thanks for the advice! :) thankful for it!

First, I hope you have a totally amazing first trip to the world!!!

~Contrary to what most people say, don't waste your time and energy bringing water bottles! All the little outdoor snack places (not the carts, but the actual restaurants) and any quick service restaurant will give you a cup of ice water for free. Take advantage of it!
~Go into it understanding and expecting to not be able to do EVERYTHING you want to do. It's said you can spend a year in WDW and not do it all. So, don't rush and get stressed about making it to every single ride. You'll be back.
~Use FastPass! You don't have to be staying on property. Any ticket works, and it's free. Scan your ticket and out comes the FastPass! But know that they enforce the return time more than they used to. Don't be early/late!
~Go to the resort and swim mid-day! If you just go go go, you'll be tired and grumpy by dinnertime and the rest of the night will be a flop.
~Save your souvenir money until the end of the trip! By then you'll have seen everything and know what you want most.
~Get to the park as early as possible! No sleeping in at Disney! Get there at Rope Drop (opening) and beeline towards the main attractions. For example, in Hollywood Studios, we run and get FPs for either Toy Story Mania or Tower of Terror and jump in line for Rock N' Roller Coaster! Then we've knocked out the biggest ones before lunch.
~There are no such thing as "kiddie rides" at Disney. Appreciate the story and theming in every ride, whether it goes 5 mph or 65!!!
~Like someone already said, eat a Dole Whip. They have them at Aloha Isle in Adventureland in Magic Kingdom. Be prepared to wait in line, but you'll be glad you did!
~WATCH STACEY'S MUST DO DISNEY IN THE RESORT ROOM
~Buy a starter pack of pins and trade with Cast Members!
~Always smile and be nice to Cast Members. You never know when they'll surprise you with "pixie dust"...
~Parks on Extra Magic Hours days are typically more crowded. Avoid them unless you plan on staying for Extra Magic Hours (Which you can only do if you are staying in a Disney resort)
~HAVE FUN!!! It's the happiest place on earth! Take your time, see the sights, and stop and smell the roses! It's your family's vacation, no one else's. So do what you want to do, even if it means you don't make it to every ride you wanted to make it to in one day! Everyone has a different vacation style.

Aww thank you! :upsidedow

REALLY? YAY FREE WATER :jumping1:

Sadly, you're right about that... Okay! thanks for that particular piece of advice :)

Aw there's a time limit for fastpasses? okay i'll use my fastpasses for the big rides then :cool2:

I'll swim if there's no thunder haha... i'm really paranoid :worried:

the money advice is a great one too :)

Hm yeah I guess sleep would have to be shortened in WDW... :sad1:

Okay kiddie rides :goodvibes they're always the cutest, too :D

I wonder how big a Dole Whip will be... :O

What's a Stacey's must do Disney? :confused3

Yay okay! & I didn't know cast members have pins :O

Hmm... I'll just go to those parks only at EMHs then :)

I will have fun! yay! can't wait to go there... even though I can't experience everything in 6 days :woohoo:

thank you so much for the abundant advice! i appreciate it a lot :sunny: reading all the advice everyone's given me just makes me want to go to WDW more and more... dang haha :cutie:

if it storms (and it likely will. here in florida it doesn't just rain it thunderstorms), go to a park directly afterwards because tons of people just leave.

we did this one time and there was probably only 200 people left in magic kingdom, max. we walked directly onto Splash Mountain

another thing we like to do is bring an extra pair of flip flops or sandals and switch between them

if it storms (and it likely will. here in florida it doesn't just rain it thunderstorms), go to a park directly afterwards because tons of people just leave.

we did this one time and there was probably only 200 people left in magic kingdom, max. we walked directly onto Splash Mountain

another thing we like to do is bring an extra pair of flip flops or sandals and switch between them

is the thunder there really bad? :O
as scary as it seems to me, it's a good idea :) sadly i doubt my parents wouldn't want me in rain... hm i'll just ditch them then :cool1:

okay i'll bring sandals too :)

thanks for the advice! thankful for it :flower3:

~ Water. I can't stress this enough because the only park that has at least some shade is Animal Kingdom. Epcot is the most likely park in which you will pass out from the heat.

~ Flip flops. Makes it easier for your feet to dry off if you go on Splash Mountain. But I would suggest having old broken in flip flops because they'll be more comfortable to walk around Disney in.

~ Sunscreen. I have gotten sunburned so many times by forgetting to put it on. Especially in Florida where the sun is out the majority of the day.

~ Panchos. The Florida weather is bad and it will turn dark quickly. There have been quite a bit of times in Disney World where it has suddenly turned dark and thunder cackles in the sky. Thankfully, 99% of the time we were in our hotel room. However, it's best to bring your panchos just in case because you may not end up as lucky.

~ TAKE YOUR TIME. This is the big one because I see so many families go into Disney World rushing to get everything done all in one day. There is never a need to rush in the Happiest Place on Earth because you will not only tire yourself out but you won't be able to take in all the great things Disney has to offer.

~ Water. I can't stress this enough because the only park that has at least some shade is Animal Kingdom. Epcot is the most likely park in which you will pass out from the heat.

~ Flip flops. Makes it easier for your feet to dry off if you go on Splash Mountain. But I would suggest having old broken in flip flops because they'll be more comfortable to walk around Disney in.

~ Sunscreen. I have gotten sunburned so many times by forgetting to put it on. Especially in Florida where the sun is out the majority of the day.

~ Panchos. The Florida weather is bad and it will turn dark quickly. There have been quite a bit of times in Disney World where it has suddenly turned dark and thunder cackles in the sky. Thankfully, 99% of the time we were in our hotel room. However, it's best to bring your panchos just in case because you may not end up as lucky.

~ TAKE YOUR TIME. This is the big one because I see so many families go into Disney World rushing to get everything done all in one day. There is never a need to rush in the Happiest Place on Earth because you will not only tire yourself out but you won't be able to take in all the great things Disney has to offer.

Whoa I thought I can get really hydrated at Epcot with all of the foreign Coca Cola samples there haha ;P okay!

Flip Flops? hmm okay yay thank god I have a billion pairs :p

Sunscreen, check; I'm already darker than dark but I don't wanna get any darker :(

Aww I thought Florida was sunny... Okay I'll buy some there! :)

Whew the last one will be hard because my family's the type of family that rushes :( okay! maybe i'll take a solo day away from them or something and take it all in instead of rushing :scratchin

thank you so much for the tips! appreciate it ::yes:: :upsidedow

Okay! Would it be a good idea to go to evening EMHs? I heard there's more people in evening EMHs :sad1:

Hm, rain poncho on my disneyland souvenir list then! :) okay! comfortable shoes like running shoes?

With only 5 days and the amount of shopping I'll do (I'm a shopping addict :love:) i'll have to really try to go on all the rides :guilty: and I'll prob gain like 10 pounds over the trip haha :woohoo:

Yay! Thanks for the advice haha :) I'll try to make this the best vacation I'll ever go on :dancer:

& FASTPASSES ARE INCLUDED IN MY TICKET? :eek: :banana:

Yes, I would suggest going to whichever park has evening EMH, especially Magic Kingdom. During the summer, sometimes MK can be open until 2 or 3 am with EMH and the whole park is literally empty, it's amazing!

I don't like wearing sneakers in Disney, only because when it rains my socks get wet and it is uncomfortable to me. I wear sturdy and comfortable flip flops and I'm totally fine. It just depends what you're comfortable with, it varies from person to person.

Haha, yep, when you buy a ticket to Disney you are able to use the fastpass system. Other places, like Universal, you have to pay to be able to use their form of fastpasses, but at Disney, if you have a ticket, you can get fastpasses. Fastpasses "hold your place in line", so basically you can get a fastpass for a popular ride, go ride other rides that aren't as busy or go get something to eat, and in an hour or so you can use your fast pass to hop right onto the ride.

Yes, I would suggest going to whichever park has evening EMH, especially Magic Kingdom. During the summer, sometimes MK can be open until 2 or 3 am with EMH and the whole park is literally empty, it's amazing!

I don't like wearing sneakers in Disney, only because when it rains my socks get wet and it is uncomfortable to me. I wear sturdy and comfortable flip flops and I'm totally fine. It just depends what you're comfortable with, it varies from person to person.

Haha, yep, when you buy a ticket to Disney you are able to use the fastpass system. Other places, like Universal, you have to pay to be able to use their form of fastpasses, but at Disney, if you have a ticket, you can get fastpasses. Fastpasses "hold your place in line", so basically you can get a fastpass for a popular ride, go ride other rides that aren't as busy or go get something to eat, and in an hour or so you can use your fast pass to hop right onto the ride.

Okay then! that's a good thing to hear :cool1: i'll try to go to all the EMHs that are available throught my trip :scratchin

that's true... i'll just wear flip flops then :D

whoa... :O YAY I CAN DO OTHER THINGS INSTEAD OF WAITING IN LINE A LOT :hyper:

thanks for more advice!!! :flower3:

is the thunder there really bad? :O
as scary as it seems to me, it's a good idea :) sadly i doubt my parents wouldn't want me in rain... hm i'll just ditch them then :cool1:

okay i'll bring sandals too :)

thanks for the advice! thankful for it :flower3:

some times it's really bad, but it usually passes quickly, especially this time of year. Rides like Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain close when there is lightning and thunder, but if you go to those rides as soon as the storm is over you can get on them with little to no wait

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter