Help I need easy Cherry can recipes!!

bunnymkc

<font color=FF99FF>Believes in the Tooth Fairy, th
My store had cherry pie filling on sale and as I can't pass a sale I bought way too many...anyone out there with some easy throw together recipes...TIA Marianne :earsgirl: :wave:

I make this with canned cherries http://www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91786. If you wanted to use cherry pie filling, it would probably work if you used cherry or cranberry juice for the juice.

This is good with cherry pie filling.

Fruit-filled Coffee Cake
From Gold Medal Best Bread Machine Recipes
2/3 cup water
3 TBSP butter or margarine, softened
2 cups bread flour
3 TBSP sugar
1 tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp yeast
1 cup canned pie filling, any flavor
1. Place all ingredients except pie filling in bread machine in order recommended by manufacturer.
2. Select Dough/Manual cycle.
3. When done, remove dough with floured hands. Let rest on lightly floured surface 10 minutes.
4. Grease cookie sheet. Roll dough into 13 X 8 inch rectangle with floured rolling pin, and then place on cookie sheet. Spoon pie filling lengthwise down center third of rectangle. One each 13 inch side, make cuts in dough almost to filling every 1 inch. Use kitchen scissors. Fold strips diagonally over filling, alternating sides and overlapping in center so that filling is covered. Cover and let rise in oven 30 to 45 minutes. Place bowl of warm water in oven while rising. Dough is ready when indentation remains when touched.
5. Heat oven to 375. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool.
Variation: Can make double recipe in counter-top mixer. Let yeast proof in half of the water, heat the other half with butter, sugar and salt. Divide dough after first rising. First rising takes a little over an hour.

Easy Cherry Cheescake...

Make a graham cracker crust...

1 1/2 pks of graham crackers
1/4 cup sugar
whirl in a food processor
add 1/4 c. or more melted butter until it sticks together
spray 13X9 inch pan and push crumbs into it

Filling

2 blocks of cream cheese
1 can condensed milk (not evaporated)
1 T lemon juice
1/4-1/2 cup sugar to taste
whirl it up in the food processor or with a mixer ( I don't even clean out the processor from the crumbs, you never see the extra crumbs anyway)

Pour over the crumbs and spread out.
Add one or two cans of cherry filling and spread over the top of that. Cover & Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

This is the easiest recipe I have and one of the most requested. I never tell anyone how easy it is and they assume I go to all kinds of trouble. An added plus, my husband adores cheesecake, and settles for this happily when I don't want to do the real thing.

:) Have fun! :)

the easy cherry desert and the easy cherry cheesecake sound easy enough....KEEP THEM COMING Marianne

I don't like cherries but I love this cake recipe from my husband's grandmother.

Chocolate Cherry Cake

1 pkg Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
21 oz can Cherry Pie filling (chop in blender)
2 eggs (beaten)
1 tsp almond extract

In large bowl combine above ingredients by hand until well mixed.

Pour into greased 13 x 9 pan and bake at 350 for 35 - 40 minutes.

After cake is out of oven, start the frosting.

Fudge Frosting

1 c. sugar
5 Tbs butter or oleo
1/3 c. milk

Cook for 1 minute only, stirring constantly.

Remove from heat & add 1 c. (6oz) of chocolate chips, stirring until smooth.

Pour on partially cooled cake. Frosting will thicken when cool.

This one doesn't have a name we just always called it cherry crunch
One white cake mix
one stick butter
2 cans cherry pie filling
pour cherry pie filling into 9x13 cake pan
mix cake mix with butter till crumbly sprinkle over cherries
bake at 350 till golden on top usually 45 minutes or so
serve warm over ice cream
this works well with any kind of canned pie filling

I'M GETTING HUNGRY..KEEP THEM COMING WANT MORE..MARIANNE

All of these sound good. Now I have to wait for cherry pie filling to be on sale near me so I have an excuss to stock up.

I can't believe nobody suggested Cheery Cherry Dumpcake.

Ingredients
1 can cherry pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix
1 can of pineapple chunks with syrup
1 stick of butter sliced into thin slices

Get a large baking dish and DUMP in the cherry pie filling.Then DUMP the pineapple chunks with syrup on top of that.Then DUMP all the cakemix on top of that,spreading it out evenly.Distribute the pats of butter evenly on top of the cake mix and bake at 350 until cakemix is golden brown and all butter has melted and been absorbed.Can be eaten warm or served cold.

Ursula

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter