Help, I need a dinner buddy for Royal Table

2MermaidsMom

Earning My Ears
Hello,
I hope my request is OK. I have a strange dilemma and thought I would start with this forum. I am a middle school music director and I will be bringing my students to Orlando for a 3-day park visit which includes a music workshop. We do this trip every year, alternating with Universal, and it's always a great time. It miraculously worked out this year that I was able to get a Royal Table reservation on one of our days--it has always been my daughters' favorite memory, so although they are in high school now and not on this trip, I wanted to go. As you know, you must make dinner reservations for two--they don't do solo diners. My students will be with chaperones so I'm free and on my own until after the fireworks. My reservation is for the 7:00 PM seating on 2/14--Valentine's Day! I'm posting to ask if there are any fellow solo travelers here who will be in MK that day who would like to join me? I would just ask for reimbursement of the cost, which is around $80 I believe. I realize this probably sounds nuts in 2019, but I really hate for the seat to be empty (and for me to lose $80, lol). Since I'm a public school teacher, I am fingerprinted and background-checked on a regular basis, so far so good, so no worries about my motives--I would just love to bless someone else who might have missed a chance to have this special dinner--and I'm thinking on Valentine's Day it will be so pretty inside and it would be fun to share conversation instead of sitting there alone watching all the families, couples, and marriage proposals!

Hope to hear from someone! Thanks.

Really? I have seen it pop up for one. Did you try calling to make it for one?

If I was there I would go with you but I will be freezing in Ohio that night. I have a lot of school music director/teacher friends.

Double check how you're booking, I go solo (to WDW, not CRT) often, when you're on the booking page the drop down menu pops up for 2 & then gets larger, you have to move the list down to see the 1.

Last edited:
Double check how you're booking, I go solo (to WDW, not CRT often), when your on the booking page the drop down menu pops up for 2 & then gets larger, you have to move the list down to see the 1.

This. The only place that never shows up for 1 is 'Ohana because of some glitch with that system. That one I have to book for 2.

Maybe you will find a buddy. Even if you don't, I highly doubt they will charge you for 2. If you show up by yourself, they will likely refund you the cost of the other meal just as they do if you are on the DP or are entitled to some other discount. My mom who often travels with us will occasionally decide to skip an ADR and rest. Although we are one less than the ADR reservation, we have never been charged for an additional person when she has done this.

I highly doubt they will charge you for 2. If you show up by yourself, they will likely refund you the cost of the other meal

This was accurate 2 years ago, and I haven't heard anything to indicate it isn't any longer. I did a solo trip and booked several ADRs that my family were not interested in so I had never done them. CRT was one of those. At check-in, I simply told them I was alone. My credit card was refunded for the unused meal, and no one even looked at me funny. Either there or in the restaurant. From your post, it seems you would really like to have someone join you, so I hope that happens for you! But if not, you won't be out the money for the second seat.

Good luck!

Maybe because it’s Valentine’s Day there are other rules on single?

Ew. Missed that. I would avoid any place remotely “romantic” on that manufactured greeting card day. QS for the win that day! :D

OP, have you tried to call & modify your reservation? Just tell the CM your other guest can’t make it, they very well may just be able to drop you down to one guest.

I'm going to be in MK that night solo as well! I am very tempted, but the only thing I'm not sure of is that I am going to be at a conference over by Sea World until 5:30 pm - I'm unsure if I could make it! Let me know if you don't find anyone - I promise I'm not a serial killer, either. :)

Ew. Missed that. I would avoid any place remotely “romantic” on that manufactured greeting card day. QS for the win that day! :D

Completely disagree!

It’s Disney how romantic can any place be whether or not it’s Valentines day there will be plenty of kids everywhere at WDW including CRT.

Go and enjoy!

While I’m positive they wouldn’t have a problem with you going solo, I agree that it’s much more fun sitting with someone else than being by yourself!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter