HELP!!!! Having severe WDW withdrawal!!!

cindyfan

DIS Veteran
Severe withdrawal!!!!!!
Due to employment issues this past year we had to cancel this year's trip:sad1:
Or as I'd prefer to say...... "postponed" till next year!!
But this is the first year since 98 that we didn't visit WDW....
So DD and I are having severe withdrawal!!!
Just need support and encouragement for next years trip.

Love reading the boards to help me through this!! :thumbsup2

Severe withdrawal!!!!!!
Due to employment issues this past year we had to cancel this year's trip:sad1:
Or as I'd prefer to say...... "postponed" till next year!!
But this is the first year since 98 that we didn't visit WDW....
So DD and I are having severe withdrawal!!!
Just need support and encouragement for next years trip.

Love reading the boards to help me through this!! :thumbsup2

the one thing that really helps me when im away from wdw, is by planning my next trip. even if i have to book a value resort (you can switch resorts any time) at least i know im in the system. plus always looking for a deal, plane tix,rental car etc...the thing is im always working on my next trip.

Where here with you for support:grouphug:. I am so sorry,there Is so many In you same situation your diffenetly not alone and there Is many here on Di's that can sympathize with you. You can take up the time In planing your next trip, and bounce Ideas off of us here!, where always full of oppions:rotfl2:. So when are you planing for the next trip??,if its during the summer you can follow trips here with reports and can give you a Idea for next year:cool1:

I too am in the same boat:sad2: We are saving for a much needed new car and can't swing a trip this year. This is the 1st year since 2002 when our daughter was born. To mak matters worse, I plan Disney trips so I get to see all my friends and customers go on trips and not having my own to plan is making me bonkers. I will live through them this year ;)

Thanks everyone!!! :goodvibes
It's tough now with DD#2 in college and DD#1 a teacher!
So we can only plan either a spring break or summer trip. Since they are in different schools they have different breaks! :sad2:
So... it has to be summer if I want to go with them.

I desperately want to go for the Flower & Garden Festival....
So I'm hoping to swing a short solo trip in April 2011, then all of us in June.

I am doing a few things now....
Just opened a Chase account that gives me frequent flyer miles on Continental!!! :thumbsup2 Combined with my current acct, I should have enough for 2 flights by November! Then I we need to decide on the resort!:thumbsup2

It's just tough it seems so far away!!:sad2:

I've actually been avoiding the DIS since I had to cancel my plans for a trip this upcoming summer. My DBf and I were planning our first trip together, but our budget slowly began not allowing a trip. :sad1:

But I started trying to look at the positives! We got engaged in February :lovestruc and our planning our wedding and honeymoon, which may or may not be a Disneymoon ;)

Also DM offered to pay for a Mother-Daughter trip next summer! So while I may not get to go this year for the first time in about 3 or 4 years, I'm trying to focus on next summer's trip....and the wedding isn't hurting either :thumbsup2

My trip is in 2012 :headache:

Still, gotta start somewhere. I swore that if I didnt start planning one I would get cabin fever (no trips ANYWHERE since june last year, and that was 1st for 3yrs) and go on a rampage :lmao:

So, I signed up to this, and in the meantime I have all my pins on google earth to show where to go.

I'm not going again until 2012 either...it's rough, but i know everyday i'm one day closer. :goodvibes

I just told my hubby the same thing!!! He doesn't understand; believe it or not, he doesn't love Disney. I am determined to go next year, so I'm starting to plan and save. "Hmmmm.....what can I sell on Ebay?" is constantly on my mind! To make it worse, it seems as if everyone I know is planning a trip this year.

I just told my hubby the same thing!!! He doesn't understand; believe it or not, he doesn't love Disney. I am determined to go next year, so I'm starting to plan and save. "Hmmmm.....what can I sell on Ebay?" is constantly on my mind! To make it worse, it seems as if everyone I know is planning a trip this year.

OMG! I thought I read "Who can I sell on Ebay" :rotfl2:I had to take a double look, now thats something that know one has try:rotfl2:

I have started PLanning for our Oct 2011 trip for MNSSHP spending Halloween day at MK, and 2012 trip for MVMCP and crusie the week between Christmas and new Year. I have spent New years at DL(1990) so I want to make It there for New year at WDW/MK.

Have you tried the ride videos on YouTube? They can be a pretty good tide-me-over. There are also CDs of ride music that I'd bet you could get through your library. Since DL's been my home park (native Californian), the 5-disc audio library of Disneyland does a great job for me. There's a lot you can do to transport yourself there!!!

I'm feeling the same way. We've only been twice but about 18 months apart. Its such a huge trip from here and costs sooo much. We are working on May/June 2013 but I don't even know if thats going to be possible. Time away from work is also a big issue for me as i work for myself. Even if i can come up with the money for a big trip, its hard to get away.

I know what you mean...I loved the mornings when I would wake up and the first sight I see is the ceilings of the WDW room and then you realize it wasn't a dream, that you're really in the happiest place on earth. When I woke up on my first day back from WDW and I saw my room I was really sad, really sad. But I learned to get over it by knowing that I still have another trip planned (just 77 days left!!!!!!!!!) Its been three years since I've been to WDW.

Sorry you can't go this year.

I'm going to move this to the theme parks community board.

I know what you mean...I loved the mornings when I would wake up and the first sight I see is the ceilings of the WDW room and then you realize it wasn't a dream, that you're really in the happiest place on earth. When I woke up on my first day back from WDW and I saw my room I was really sad, really sad. But I learned to get over it by knowing that I still have another trip planned (just 77 days left!!!!!!!!!) Its been three years since I've been to WDW.

I know when you walk out the doors In the Morinings you just feel like your In another world. Even the air feels diffrent.

I'm depressed too. My sister in law and her family are going on a Disney Cruise in January and spending a week at the World. :guilty: DH said its just not in the budget. I'm still hoping something will change!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter