Help - Group of 3 looking for room with at least 3 individual sleeping spaces

Tink316

Mouseketeer
We are a group of 3 looking for the best options to stay that will allow each of us to have our own sleeping space (bed/daybed/sofa bed). When you go online, it only shows rooms with 2 beds. But we'd prefer not to share beds. (So I'll call to make reservation, but want to know what resorts offer rooms with the 3 spaces).Hope this makes sense.

Open to moderate or deluxe / deluxe villas. Someone suggested Art of Animation suite -- but not sure that's our thing either. Ha!

We are planning to do EPCOT, Disney Springs and possibly one other park. Mostly we want to go, relax by pool, do a spa day, enjoy the countries and do some shopping.

THANK YOU!

As far as I know all the deluxe resorts with a 2 queen room also have a day bed. We travel with our granddaughter and she sleeps in the daybed. DH and in each take 1 queen (we only share in a king)
Never had an issue yet
Our first choice is BWI. If you can book a deluxe room even better, that’s a sofa bed

I‘d skip the mods. Those are often Murphy bed and half sized. Not great for grown ups sized

I used to stay at the Polynesian and they always had a room w/ 2 beds and a daybed.
The updated Contemporary might also have this room description.
Some of the DVC resort locations also have this beds w/ daybed but you would have to call for Cash Reservation specifics. I think the new Big Pine Key Resort just opened at the Grand Floridian has this available.
Have you called GuestServices?
Good luck
When is your trip?

I used to stay at the Polynesian and they always had a room w/ 2 beds and a daybed.
The updated Contemporary might also have this room description.
Some of the DVC resort locations also have this beds w/ daybed but you would have to call for Cash Reservation specifics. I think the new Big Pine Key Resort just opened at the Grand Floridian has this available.
Have you called GuestServices?
Good luck
When is your trip?
Thanks those are good suggestions. I did call guest services, but they seemed to have little information without me asking to look at specific resorts. So figured I'd come here for some suggestions. We're going end of March.

Why does that not surprise me?
Can’t tell you how many times I have wondered if front desk has even entered a room ?

Whenever I have tried to book 3 specific sleep spaces I always double check and call back to verify the room has 2 beds and a daybed for 3 adult booking.

Last edited:
OP, look for the phrase “2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed” in the room description on Disney’s website - that’s the key phrase. Plus supplement with info from posters here to confirm. Disney’s website room descriptions are directionally accurate, but use places like DISBoards to confirm things to make sure you’re on the right track.

Happy planning!

We are a family of 5 and just got back from WDW. Booked 2 rooms at YC. DH & I had a room that had a king and a day bed. The "kids" room had 2 Queens and a daybed. Most, but not all, 2 Queen rooms at YC have a day bed, but I always request a daybed just to be safe.

Why does that not surprise me?
Can’t tell you how many times I have wondered if front desk has even entered a room ?

Whenever I have tried to book 3 specific sleep spaces I always double check and call back to verify the room has 2 beds and a daybed for 3 adult booking.

That's because when you call Disney (even when you call the front desk from your resort room), you're not actually talking to someone on Disney property. They are in an offsite call center and it's very likely many of them have never set foot on a Disney property. They read the information on their script/screen and have no idea if that information is accurate or updated.

Lots of great options already mentioned.
I’ve stayed at CR, Poly & BC w/2 queen beds & a daybed. At BC make sure to request day bed.
We also loved FW cabins that have queen bed, bunks & sleep sofa.
Some DVC studios have a queen bed, twin Murphy bed under tv & sleep sofa.
Happy planning!

We had a daybed in BWI, CR, YC and Poly. I slept on it at the contemporary and it was very comfortable. My son slept in it at the Poly and said it was comfortable and he complains about pull out couches. I didn't try it at BWI or YC. If epcot is your plan I would choose BWI. The pool at YC/BC gets crazy. Plus you could get drinks on the boardwalk. Enjoy.

If you are looking at a DVC studio, you have to pay attention to the sleeping surfaces of the room you are considering. They are not all the same.

For example, a studio at Beach Club Villas has 1 queen bed, 1 double-size sleeper sofa, and a "single pull-down bed" which is 29" x 67". Note that a twin-size mattress is 38" x 75" so the pull-down bed is smaller than twin size.

A studio at Old Key West has 2 queen beds.

A regular ("deluxe") studio at Riviera Resort has 1 queen bed, 1 queen-size pull-down bed (which people say is more comfortable than the sofa beds), and 1 single pull-down bed.

But a "tower" studio at Riviera Resort has 1 queen-size pull-down bed.

We are a group of 3 looking for the best options to stay that will allow each of us to have our own sleeping space (bed/daybed/sofa bed). When you go online, it only shows rooms with 2 beds. But we'd prefer not to share beds. (So I'll call to make reservation, but want to know what resorts offer rooms with the 3 spaces).Hope this makes sense.

Open to moderate or deluxe / deluxe villas. Someone suggested Art of Animation suite -- but not sure that's our thing either. Ha!

We are planning to do EPCOT, Disney Springs and possibly one other park. Mostly we want to go, relax by pool, do a spa day, enjoy the countries and do some shopping.

THANK YOU!

I was going to say AoA in a family suite, as it gives you a queen size bed, a pull out couch, and a pull down bed... plus 2 bathrooms.. which is always a benefit. My mom, DD and I have stayed here just for that reason on a girls trip., I slept in the master (queen) my mom slept on the pull out couch her choice and my DD who is an adult, and she is 5'9" slept on the pull down, and they all were very comfortable. My DD and I shared the master bathroom, and my mom had the other one.. Plus I really like the small kitchenette area..and its just soooo dang cute...

My other suggestion would just to do separate rooms at a value.. I have said on the Dis many times, on girls trips I book my own room so that I don't have to share, unless its with of course DH, my mom, DD and grandson or best friend... I really hate sharing a bathroom with others... plus I am a very light sleeper and get up and down so I would hate to disturb any one... plus I have found out that taking a break from your friends is a must, its all about personal space and some privacy is what is all about with me. Especially if you have a friend who is a slob, and throws her stuff everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter