• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help...GF Tea with MEN??

hmp2z,
Thanks for raining on our parade. Even though it is not like London, I enjoyed it greatly. It was so relaxing and quiet and just a slow pace and a definite change from the hustle and bustle we are used to at Disney. It wasn't so upscale and stiff that you couldn't relax and enjoy it. I can't wait to do it again.

Just a thought.....I'm wondering about a dress code. Since we won't have clothes suitable for "tea time", will shorts and a tee shirt be ok?

Although shorts and t's are seen there, most people tend to dress up a little more than that into resort wear type clothes, casual slacks and blouses or sundresses for the ladies, and slacks and polo type shirts for the men seem more the norm.

Perhaps you could carry slacks and change before going in? Or maybe wear walking shorts and collared shirts to the parks that day.

Anne

I agree with Ducklite - there's nothing wrong with wearing shorts and a T to the tea, but after having done both, I prefer dressing up a bit. It adds to the experience and helps to make you feel more "in theme" with the surroundings. We ended up bringing clothes in our rental car, got to the GF about 20 minutes prior to our PS, and changed in the lobby bathrooms. We still had about 10 mins. left to sit in the lobby and soak in the atmosphere and the air conditioning! The tea experience was hands down the most relaxing part of our trip. I even bought a tin of the Garden View Bouquet tea to bring home - and it evokes fond memories every time I drink it!

DH and both DSs (ages 13 and 10 at the time) enjoyed dining there with me when we were there in May 2001. It's not "frilly", the decor does match with the theming of the entire resort though, which is Victorian. We had excellent service and wonderful food during our meal. DH wants to go there again during our trip this August. They have the BEST scones with raspberry jam and Devonshire cream on the side. :teeth: We did see other men and boys while we were there, so this is fairly common.

P.S. I have a couple of pictures that we took during our tea, they're on my web site, under the May 2001 trip, in the "Restaurants and Character Meals" section. In one of the shots you can see what the Garden View Lounge looks like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter