• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help...GF Tea with MEN??

Emme

DIS Veteran
Here is my question, I would love to try the GF Tea but I always travel with my DH and our 15 year old DS, would they enjoy the tea or feel out of place?

They are both very easy going and would try it no problem, but I am thinking of them, will there be other guys there? Is it very frilly and girlie? Any info would be so helpful:wave2:

Thanks!

Emmyprincess:

I'm wondering the same thing. DH and I have a ps for it in April and I am really looking forward to it. It is one of the things we have yet to try.

The tea is for everyone. My husband goes with me all the time and believe me he wouldn't if he thought it was "girlie". There are always plenty of other men in there when we go. It has become one of the things we look forward to the most when we go to Disney. It's a very relaxing couple of hours and if your son doesn't want to stay the entire time, there is a game room not far from that part of the hotel that he can go hang in for an hour or he can go boating right outside at the dock. I hope you try it because it's really a wonderful experience! Lynn

My husband and I have been several times and he always enjoys it just as much as I do. He definately didn't feel odd or out of place at all.

My DH played college football (tackle) so he is definetly not into "frilly or girlie". He actually went by himself for a relaxing treat by himself. We have 3 DS under 3 so to be able to relax and enjoy the tea without being interupted was just what he needed. He enjoyed himself very much. I was scheduled to go by myself the next day but it didn't work out. So I'm looking forward to doing this next trip. Enjoy.

He's gone with me and enjoyed it very much. He did the "manly" thing by ordering coffee instead of tea but really liked the experience!

I made my DH go with me last year and he wasnt out of place at all. He doesnt care for tea though so he just ordered the cheese plate and some scones.

Wow, lots of good input. DS (12) and I are going to try it next month. He loves tea, especially trying new blends and he will eat anything so I am not worried about that. I would like to know from you veterans how long does the tea experience take? About as long as a nice meal?

Thanks!

QBUSH
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I booked this for the meal right after my intimate wedding! We are getting married elopement style (just us) at 11am so we decided to have the tea at 3 after our photos are taken and before we go to dinner. Nice and relaxing after the wedding stress :) I'd love to know more about the tea as well if anyone has any info!

We did this last October and DH loved it so much he's made promise to book again for this October. Lots of men were there and everyone of them seemed to be having a good time.

WHen we had tea last October, we took at least minimum an hour and half. We really enjoy just sitting there and relaxing because it's something neither my husband and I do very well at home. (Of course other then when I am posting on here. I find that totally relaxing!:o ) I just can't imagine not going to tea on every trip. It's so enjoyable watching the younger kids enjoying it and feeling very grown up! Everyone should try it at least once. Lynn

My DH tolerates it. He gets a beer and the pound cake.

My teenage son would rather be tarred and feathered. ;)

Anne

My hubby loves tea..we did the tea on the magic and hubby and I both enjoyed it.

We can't wait to try it at GF.

I think the kids menu sounds so cute.....I thought about going with my DS but we'll only be in the world a very short time so every minute counts...but if I had a week or more I would definately do it. It all sounds so very civilized, doesn't it???? And I'm sure there are lots of Manly Men in jolly ol' England who regularly "take tea"!!!!

Please report back if you decide to go!

::yes::

Thank you all for your replies:grouphug:

I think we may go ahead and give it a try!

Emmyprincess:

I was so worried before we had our Tea with my Mom, DD and DH. In fact he said, "Now what exactly have you booked us for. Me:An Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian.
DH: I know you have got to be kidding.

BUT, we all loved it. It wasn't really Frilly, but relaxing. I'm telling you, we ALL enjoyed it. DH wants to take our friends back and book it again with them. It was nice.

My family went last summer. My parents my husband my son who was 13 and my daughter who was 17. Everyone loved it even my father who had been pretty skeptical. We ordered a la carte and it was really quite a good deal.
Have Fun

I went last May with my DBF and he loved it! I didn't think it was very girly ... I thought it was pretty relaxing and quiet. It was a nice break from the parks :)

We weren't wowed by the quality of the food & the presentation. We came, expecting it to be comparable to teas that we'd been to in London, and it wasn't even in the same category. The actual tea was pretty good, but the sandwiches were dry, the waiter was clumsy (dropped a stirring spoon with some tea in it still, just missing my wedding dress - I about had an attack!), and the presentation, rather than the 3 tiered tray, was plate-by-plate.
My husband and I both love going to tea at Claridge's and Brown's in London, but we agreed that this was nothing like it, definitely to the detriment of the GF tea lounge. If we hadn't know what the real thing was like, I suppose we would have been okay with it, but it definitely was not memorable.
Cheers!
Heather W

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter