• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help from DFW to MCO

EACarlson

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to help my SIL plan her trip to WDW this fall. She lives in Dallas and generally flies SW, with the delay in schedule release I'm looking for other options. The cheapest I can find is on Delta at $350 for anything that isn't basic economy. Are there any other airlines that the large aggregators miss? Or any other idea besides waiting until June for SW?

Just wait until SW releases the schedule. June is not too late to buy airline tickets for a fall trip. The ideal booking window is 6-10 weeks out.

Look at DAL instead of DFW...you might find something cheaper out of Love Field instead of DFW

DFW is a HUB for American Airlines, there are at least a dozen direct non-stop flights between DFW and MCO daily! Have you tried there?

http://www.aa.com

Just wait until SW releases the schedule. June is not too late to buy airline tickets for a fall trip. The ideal booking window is 6-10 weeks out.

This. Also closer to the 10-12 week mark you'll start seeing other airlines lower in price ( typically ).

Anything other than basic economy was $500/person.

Search included DAL, but nothing there was any better than doing Delta DFW-ATL-MCO

Your travel dates must fall around a high-demand period, if you can be flexible try modifying your travel dates, also as stated by pp, you may also have to wait as airline prices fluctuate and could drop at any moment, check daily especially mid-week and late at night.

Frontier
$126.60 r/t
10/19 midday to 10/26 evening
Each, two people
DFW

I would advise the OP to be cautious as this does not include fees, Frontier charges separate fees for practically everything including carry-on bags and even the ability to select a seat. After fees the total cost may end up being nearly the same as a legacy airline such as AA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter