HELP~! First-Timer, 1000s of ???s, and little time

ajsands

Earning My Ears
Please excuse the rantings of a neophyte. DH and I decided this week that we and our toddler son are going to WDW mid-May for a week. Lodging (off-park) and travel are paid for, so my major concern is tickets and how to save money. I've seen where ticket prices may be going up THIS weekend, and I'm trying to move fast. I've checked out this board and others for info, because I've never been to WDW before. We don't have plans to go again next year, so it seems like the 6-day park hopper is the way to go, but I would like feedback on that. What's the discount Connections is offering? Should I join and then cancel a month from now? Also, it seems that the Disney Club would NOT save us money, since the membership costs more than the tickets themselves and we don't really like the food at theme restaurants (All-Star, RainForest, etc.) and I hope to buy very little at the park in the way of souvenirs because of the cost. But maybe there are added benefits, since I see so many other people joining the DC? PLEASE HELP with ANY advice you'd like to share. TIA~!

I posted a response on the Budget Board for you... :D

Also, check out Mousesavers.com, if you haven't yet! Lots of great ideas!

Disney Club is only $40 per year/$30 if your renewing. I don't love the Disney Club, but it is worth it if you shop a lot at the Disney Store. I like buying gifts there and the kids clothes are pretty good for the price (You get 10% off almost everything with the card). Also, the DC card gives you great discounts with National Car rental.

The only place at WDW that the card saved me money was at the stores at Disney Marketplace. (Six stores there honor the 10% discount.) We didn't go to the restaurants that were offering discounts with the card.

The amount saved on tickets is negligable, but if you use the card otherwise then it's worth it. I saved so much just from my National/DC discount that it was worth it only if I used it for the car rental and nothing else.

You can also buy park tickets at most Disney Stores, but if I remember correctly, I couldn't get 6-day passes -- only 5-day passes. If you do get your passes there, call ahead and check.

Good luck and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter