• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help finger scanner

kandb

DIS Veteran
Wonder if someone could help me. We purchased annual passes for SeaWorld, used them in April, going down for a long weekend and my mom misplaced her small purse with all her ID. We are not even sure which finger we used when we entered the park in April. Will they let her in? Does the scanner read her finger. It seemed like when we used it April, it would never work and they kept trying and then eventually the green light went off and we were able to enter.

Wonder if someone could help me. We purchased annual passes for SeaWorld, used them in April, going down for a long weekend and my mom misplaced her small purse with all her ID. We are not even sure which finger we used when we entered the park in April. Will they let her in? Does the scanner read her finger. It seemed like when we used it April, it would never work and they kept trying and then eventually the green light went off and we were able to enter.

I'm thinking that you actually meant to type "DisneyWorld". If she has lost her DisneyWorld annual pass, have her go to Guest Relations to get it sorted out. She will need to get it replaced and Disney will have records of her pass purchase.

If you are not going until April, there is plenty of time to call and have the AP replaced. And surely your Mum will have a replacement ID by then also?

Sorry, I don't have an answer for your specific question of whether they will let her in or not, I think she needs to get an ID ASAP, and not just for theme parks.

If you are not going until April, there is plenty of time to call and have the AP replaced. And surely your Mum will have a replacement ID by then also?

April is the last time they all made a trip.
No indication of when they plan on going for THIS trip.

Again, assuming you are asking about Disney World…

If you all purchased and used your APs at the same time previously,
and she has not lost but STILL HAS her AP… there should be no problem
with all of you getting into the parks together using your APs on this trip.

But, I would have to agree that replacing her ID is very important...
for a WDW trip as well as everything else that may come up.

April is the last time they all made a trip.
No indication of when they plan on going for THIS trip.

You're right, I totally misread the original post. Even so, I can't even imagine travelling somewhere without some kind of identification.

Last edited:

You're right, I totally misread the original post. Even so, I can't even imagine travelling somewhere without some kind of identification. And I am fairly sure the AP can be replaced.

I didn't read that she lost her AP.
I only read that she lost her "all her ID."

It severely complicates matters if the AP is also lost.

I didn't read that she lost her AP.
I only read that she lost her "all her ID."

It severely complicates matters if the AP is also lost.

You could be right, maybe she did just lose her ID. Not sure why that would even matter though as I never had to show ID to enter a park with my AP, even if the scanner wouldn't read my finger properly. Only to get the discounts, that will be a problem.

You could be right, maybe she did just lose her ID. Not sure why that would even matter though as I never had to show ID to enter a park with my AP, even if the scanner wouldn't read my finger properly. Only to get the discounts, that will be a problem.

My husband had to show his ID every single time we entered a park because it never read his finger correctly. We think it's an issue because he has extremely dry calloused skin, but anyhow every single time they took his ID verified his info and on the most recent trip they even took his picture. But this has been several trips in a row this has happened every single time we entered a park, so I would be concerned if OP's mom has had issues with the finger scanner before and doesn't have an ID.

My husband had to show his ID every single time we entered a park because it never read his finger correctly. We think it's an issue because he has extremely dry calloused skin, but anyhow every single time they took his ID verified his info and on the most recent trip they even took his picture. But this has been several trips in a row this has happened every single time we entered a park, so I would be concerned if OP's mom has had issues with the finger scanner before and doesn't have an ID.
On our most recent trip DH had problems with the finger scan ( turns out he was using the right finger but wrong hand!). They did check his ID,took his picture and reset his finger scan on record. I wondered if the taking of his picture was new ...he says he is probably on some Disney watchlist!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter