Help Figuring Out Car Brand

gotomu212

DIS Veteran
Google isn’t helping and I know there are a few gear heads on here so hoping someone can help..
A few months ago I saw an unusual car and I looked up the details but now I can’t remember what it was. From what I remember it’s a company known for racing and racing parts. They have a few models- one is styled off the Mustang, one off the Camaro, and I thought one was off the Charger. They are pretty expensive around $85k-$100k.

Is this ringing a bell for anyone??

Must be a tuner but I can't think of one that does different makes like that. Roush does Mustangs, Yenko does Camaros Shelby did Dodge front wheel drive 4 cylinders long ago and before that Mustangs. Were these new cars?

Yeah none of those are it. I thought the different models started in the 90s...and I thought a new one was coming out soon. Thy are apparently big in street racing...it’s driving me crazy I can’t remember/find it.

My friend had a mclaren that looked like a mustang back in the late 80’s/early 90’s.

Found it!! It was a Saleen....

(and it was the Challenger not the Charger for the doge model)

Found it!! It was a Saleen....

(and it was the Challenger not the Charger for the doge model)

OH. They're just a tuning company. The cars themselves are typically sold through dealers as an authorized (and fully warranted) performance package. A lot of people who go through aftermarket tuning basically lose most of their warranties.

My friend had a mclaren that looked like a mustang back in the late 80’s/early 90’s.
That was a Mustang modified by McLaren. They made it a 2 seater and actually bent the windshield back a little more.

OH. They're just a tuning company. The cars themselves are typically sold through dealers as an authorized (and fully warranted) performance package. A lot of people who go through aftermarket tuning basically lose most of their warranties.

Saleen is not just a tuner. Also pretty sure the Saleen Mustang is not a factory backed/warrantied car...it's purely aftermarket. High performance Mustangs are sold through Ford under the Shelby brand. Same with Camaro, GM has their own factory tuning division.

Squirlz,
Could have been, but have you seen the McLaren cars? They're pretty wild, and pretty amazing.

Saleen is not just a tuner. Also pretty sure the Saleen Mustang is not a factory backed/warrantied car...it's purely aftermarket. High performance Mustangs are sold through Ford under the Shelby brand. Same with Camaro, GM has their own factory tuning division.

My understanding came from maybe a couple of decades ago where I believe they were sold through dealers. But it's been a while since I thought much about them. It's not really my kind of car.

Squirlz,
Could have been, but have you seen the McLaren cars? They're pretty wild, and pretty amazing.
Oh yeah, I sat in a new one last week!

Oh yeah, I sat in a new one last week!

One of my racing teammates is an instructor for one of those supercar driving experience schools. You know...you spend $300 and get to drive an exotic car around a road course for 4 laps. He spends an entire weekend in the passenger seat or drivers seat of McLarens, GTR, Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, etc... I've got to find a way to get a gig doing that...talk about a dream job...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter