Help! Disney Epcot proposal ideas?

Qoolwater

Earning My Ears
Hello all, i just came across this board after surfing on the net for some wedding proposal ideas. The girlfriend and I are going to Disney Epcot in about a month and I would like to pop the big question sometime during that trip. She planned the trip so she's not going to suspect anything. I know that most of the romantic places are in Magic Kingdom so thats out of the question. You Disney experts and veterans have any ideas for Epcot? Thanks in advance!

Qoolwater, welcome to the Dis!

If there is a place inside Epcot that holds particular significance to you or your future fiancé, then chose that location when you pop the question.

For example, if you always toss a penny into the fountain in France, consider stopping there and handing your future fiancé a penny. Ask her to make a wish. Once she has thrown the penny into the fountain and made her wish, you could pull the ring box out of your pocket and say something like, “By any chance, did you wish to be my wife?”

Or you could turn it around and toss your own penny into the fountain and make your own wish. Then you could say something like, “I wished for you to be my wife. Do you think my wish will come true?” When your future fiancé nods her head, you can get down on bended knee, pull the ring box out of your pocket, and pop the official question.

There are a million and one ways to ask someone to marry you. Search the Internet to come up with some really unique stories and then see if you can tailor them to Walt Disney World.

By the way, congratulations!

I think Epcot is a wonderful place to get engaged (i am biased though!)
My fiance asked me to marry him in Japan. We just finished Illuminations and Dinner at the Typankiy (sp?) Grill. It was about 9:30 so most guests had cleared out. We were just strolling around watching the epcot ball change colors and designs (it was during the flower and garden festivle so there were different flowers on it).

All of the sudden he got down on one knee and asked! It was lovley and romantic! He did it right where the thing in the water (sorr don't know the name) frames the epcot ball.

We have been back two times since and every time we get our picture taken where he proposed.

That is my experiance anywhere you choose will be just wonderful!

nkkilala said:
I think Epcot is a wonderful place to get engaged (i am biased though!)
My fiance asked me to marry him in Japan. We just finished Illuminations and Dinner at the Typankiy (sp?) Grill. It was about 9:30 so most guests had cleared out. We were just strolling around watching the epcot ball change colors and designs (it was during the flower and garden festivle so there were different flowers on it).

All of the sudden he got down on one knee and asked! It was lovley and romantic! He did it right where the thing in the water (sorr don't know the name) frames the epcot ball.

We have been back two times since and every time we get our picture taken where he proposed.

That is my experiance anywhere you choose will be just wonderful!

That's so romantic!! I've been meaning to ask you for the story of how you got engaged in Japan!

Just in case you're curious, I think you're talking about the Torii gate, modeled after the one in Miyajima, Japan, that looks like this
PCMIYAJ1.JPG

For ideas on proposals - you know the big fountain show that goes off every 15 minutes in Future World? It might be nice if you sat and watched the fountain show and then popped the question -really depends on your fiance's likes and dislikes though. Goodluck and congratulations!

Congratulations and good luck!!! If she loves you question will be special. Trust me my DH gave me my ring and asked me in the mall parking lot. Not real romantic but it was special to us. :banana:

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I like the fountain idea. I was thinking about doing something like that during her bday where i would ask her to blow out a cake and make a wish and then ask her if that was what she had wished for. :banana: But the disney trip is too good of an opportunity to pass up! Whats the atmosphere like after say 8pm. is it still really busy? When's the best time to do it at night?

Qoolwater said:
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I like the fountain idea. I was thinking about doing something like that during her bday where i would ask her to blow out a cake and make a wish and then ask her if that was what she had wished for. :banana: But the disney trip is too good of an opportunity to pass up! Whats the atmosphere like after say 8pm. is it still really busy? When's the best time to do it at night?

the "Futureworld" part of Epcot closes at 7 pm actually (although some of the stores remaine open, the fountain and the attractions are closed).. World showcase is open till 9 pm. The fireworks show - "Illuminations" is at 9 pm each night. If you want to do it later at night, the fireworks might be a good time :)

it would funny to propose to someone on Test Track -- when you're whipping around outside the building at 90mph. yelling WILL YOU MARRY ME? and she would be like WHAAAAAAAAAAAA?

don't drop the ring though!

:)

What is her ancestry? it would be really neat if you based it on that. Tell me and I can come up with ideas!!! :thumbsup2

Another idea....if you dine at Coral Reef in The Living Seas, a diver will take a banner underwater and have anything you want written on it....how about a 'Will you marry me?' right in the middle of dinner, swimming by your window?

That'd be cooL!!!

nkkilala said:
I agree that this is one of the most romantic times at Epcot!

After Illuminations there is a mad rush for the gate, but many of the restaurants in World Showcase are still open. Even if you don't have a late dinner (if she's planning everything she might have planned dinner for another time) you could just stroll around the lake.

Once the crowds are gone it becomes very secluded and romantic. You almost feel like the only ones there. The lighting is subdued, it's seems very quiet after being around the crowds all day. DH & I always end up walking slowly & holding hands.

This would be a great time to 'pop the question' -- then you can take as long as you want to 'have your moment'. Lovely, just lovely!

I would have to go with sunset while waiting for Illuminations.

The example of after Illuminations while the park crowds are dwindling is also a very nice and quiet time.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you do.

My fiance proposed to me between Innoventions and the Living Seas. My shoe had come untied and he went to tie it for me. When he was done, he just dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him! He said he was going to wait for Illuminations, but that he thought this would be perfect and spontaneous, and it was!!! :love:

Eeyore3838 said:
My fiance proposed to me between Innoventions and the Living Seas. My shoe had come untied and he went to tie it for me. When he was done, he just dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him! He said he was going to wait for Illuminations, but that he thought this would be perfect and spontaneous, and it was!!! :love:

That is such a sweet story!!! :cloud9:

Jesussavedme said:
Another idea....if you dine at Coral Reef in The Living Seas, a diver will take a banner underwater and have anything you want written on it....how about a 'Will you marry me?' right in the middle of dinner, swimming by your window?

That'd be cooL!!!

OK another vote for the Coral Reef this is a great idea!!! I just learned about this a few days ago on the boards and think it is so cool. I would DIE if my husband took the time to plan that. Otherwise what about taking a stroll over at the Polynesian on the beach timed for the Wishes Fireworks.....propose on the beach. Either way you have to fill us all in on your decision....give us your idea and let us expand on that. :) GOOD LUCK and I LOVE that your planning this! GOOD GUY

Gifts of a lifetime does some really great work - and I should know - my fiance used them when he proposed to me in March! :love: Any proposal in WDW is amazing but the things they do are really great. He (or anyone else) could not have pulled it off in the same way without them. I would tell you all about it but part of the deal is that I'm not supposed to post on boards like this exactly what they did, just in case someone else wants to do kind of the same thing. Everything was really amazing and Dfi even had our parents fly down to surprise me as well. It was truly magical and the girls at gifts of a lifetime were amazing princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter