• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help deciding Anniversary dinner- romantic

mhaddon

Earning My Ears
My husband and I will be in Disney for our 8th anniversary. I'm not sure where we want to go. We plan on paying out of pocket and will not have kids :cool1:

So what would you suggest? That day we will be in HS, and we aren't getting park hopper.

I would love something romantic, nice if it had other things around to do afterwards/before, and V&A price range is out.

Also how does the cake ordering work? Do you call or go to a website? Do they decide what you get? Is it worth it or just a dessert?

Thanks!

I think Yachtsman would be a good fit. You could easily take the boat from HS to the Yachts Club. The atmosphere is quiet and nice, and the food is excellent. You can have a romantic stroll around The Boardwalk afterwards and possibly go to Jelly Rolls for a drink/entertainment afterwards.

Oh, also, you can do a special order cake from the Boardwalk Bakery, which I believe they will deliver to the Yachtsman for you. They have a real pretty "mini-wedding" cake you can order....I don't believe they will deliver to the Swan and Dolphin (which I'm sure someone will recommend soon)

Ok so if we leave from HS the boat, if we leave from hotel... We are staying at port orleans RS if that helps :)

Oh I love the idea of order from bakery! So any restaurant on boardwalk can be delivered from them?

This is our first trip and will be our first day so this is all new :)

I love Jiko...I think it's very romantic. If you're leaving from your hotel, you can just take a taxi (about 15 minutes).

If romantic ambiance is what your looking for Yachtsman Steakhouse get another vote and Fulton's Crab House at Downtown Disney. If you request to sit by the window you have a nice view of the lagoon and it's so pretty, plus the food is delicious!! :thumbsup2

My husband and I will be in Disney for our 8th anniversary. I'm not sure where we want to go. We plan on paying out of pocket and will not have kids :cool1:

So what would you suggest? That day we will be in HS, and we aren't getting park hopper.

I would love something romantic, nice if it had other things around to do afterwards/before, and V&A price range is out.

Also how does the cake ordering work? Do you call or go to a website? Do they decide what you get? Is it worth it or just a dessert?

Thanks!

We just had the most incredibly romantic 30th anniversary dinner at Artist Point a few weeks ago. And we ordered a special cake too. I started with calling the resturaunt about 1 1/2 weeks ahead and they referred me to the Contemporary Private Dining Number. Once we were seated, it began with a complimentary glass of champagne with rasberries. (BTW, the tinkerbelle wand was a gift from DH)-

022.jpg

There were many other incredible touches besides the champagne-it was truly a magical night.

And our cake-

030.jpg

Congratulations! I saw your thread. I'll have to glacé at the menu again :)

Has anyone tried Shulas?
Boy this is hard! Lol normally we'd go to red lobster and be happy. Haha

We just had the most incredibly romantic 30th anniversary dinner at Artist Point a few weeks ago. And we ordered a special cake too. I started with calling the resturaunt about 1 1/2 weeks ahead and they referred me to the Contemporary Private Dining Number. Once we were seated, it began with a complimentary glass of champagne with rasberries. (BTW, the tinkerbelle wand was a gift from DH)-

022.jpg

There were many other incredible touches besides the champagne-it was truly a magical night.

And our cake-

030.jpg

My top choices for a romantic anniversary dinner would be:

Jiko
Shulas
Bluezoo
Citricos
Artist Point

I would choose a later ADR for any of these places to avoid loud children.

I would not choose the following because they seem to always have lots of families and feel less romantic to me:

California Grill
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Flying Fish
Narcoosees

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and vote for California Grill. We always go there on our anniversary (except for this past year) and love it. If you make it known to them in advance they may decorate your table and give you a little extra special treatment. It's quiet, the food is terrific and the view is unbeatable.

I ordered a small, two-tier "wedding" cake for our last trip. It was just big enough for the two of us (especially after that huge meal!) and very pretty. I called the cake hotline and they were super helpful. The server brought it out after we'd finished our entrees. My husband thought it was a gift from the restaurant, til I told him it was a surprise from me. :)

Also, just thought of this: If you request a table in the wine room @ CG, you'll find that it's much quieter. At that angle you can see Epcot and Hollywood Studios as opposed to MK. It's mostly walled-off from the rest of the restaurant so you won't have to deal with loud kids - though honestly I've never found them to be a problem during our last three meals.

I had a reservation at Shula's but just cancelled that and made a ressie at Capt Jack in Downtown Disney. I put on the ADR that we were celebrating our anniversary and I plan on calling the cake hotline to order a mini wedding cake. I like the location of this restaurant b/c then we can walk around downtown disney just the two of us.

Good luck picking a nice restaurant...Happy Anniversary!!!

Ok so if we leave from HS the boat, if we leave from hotel... We are staying at port orleans RS if that helps :)

Oh I love the idea of order from bakery! So any restaurant on boardwalk can be delivered from them?

This is our first trip and will be our first day so this is all new :)

Here's a pic of a Mini-wedding cake, but the Boardwalk Bakery can jazz it up pretty much anyway you want....

miniweddingcake.jpg

Sorry, I googled it, so I don't know who to give credit for the photo to!! There is a special cake thread on here, you can look at it, and it can give you (literally) hundreds of ideas for cakes. I'm pretty sure the Boardwalk Bakery will deliver to all restaurants in that area.

Staying at Port Orleans might be problematic, it depends on how late the buses run after the park closes, and what time your reservation would be. If you are driving, you can always use Valet Parking at whatever restaurant you choose after leaving the park, and just drive back to your resort.

I've been to Yachtsman several times, and have never noticed a lot of children or noise as a previous poster mentioned. You just never know who else is making ressies, any restaurant can be unpredictable unless they restrict children. I think V & As is the only place that is adult only.

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and vote for California Grill. We always go there on our anniversary (except for this past year) and love it. If you make it known to them in advance they may decorate your table and give you a little extra special treatment. It's quiet, the food is terrific and the view is unbeatable.

I am going to ditto this! DH and I kicked off our honeymoon at CG and encouraged good friends to do do the same last month. There is nothing quite so romantic as making that late dinner booking (dinner at 9:30 PM = no kids to be found, really) and watching Wishes from the balcony there in between your drinks and your entree. I get teary-eyed all over again just thinking about it. It was an absolutely perfect start to our romantic week!

I am going to ditto this! DH and I kicked off our honeymoon at CG and encouraged good friends to do do the same last month. There is nothing quite so romantic as making that late dinner booking (dinner at 9:30 PM = no kids to be found, really) and watching Wishes from the balcony there in between your drinks and your entree. I get teary-eyed all over again just thinking about it. It was an absolutely perfect start to our romantic week!

The idea of the atmosphere of the Cali Grill always sounds so nice, my problem with it is the menu selections...... nothing seems to appeal to my tastes. Though re-visiting the menu tonight, I think the Cast-iron seared bison sounds good, is that new to the menu?

The idea of the atmosphere of the Cali Grill always sounds so nice, my problem with it is the menu selections...... nothing seems to appeal to my tastes. Though re-visiting the menu tonight, I think the Cast-iron seared bison sounds good, is that new to the menu?

Not sure. I absolutely love sushi, so I was in heaven there. I also had the filet for dinner, which was quite yummy.

Hi I have a Question on the cake what was in it, topping etc..
Our 30th is July we will be at the Poly.
Thanks ahead of time for the info on the cake - it looks great I would love to surprise my wife with one like that.

022.jpg

And our cake-

030.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter