• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! CSR or AKL??

onceuponadream

<font color=0000cc>Keeping fingers crossed<br><fon
We were planning on staying at AKL for the last 8 nights of our vacation. We had also been considering CSR but couldn't get availability with the codes. Well, now CSR is available with the AXA code. So the price difference between the two is $124/nt for 8 nights for a total of $992. We can afford it if it's really worth it. CSR seems to have a lot of supporters recently and AKL has a loyal following. We are usually park commandos but since we are going in June plan to be at the resort in the afternoons for swim breaks. Otherwise will be at the waterparks, DQ, DTD or the 4 parks. Has anyone liked CSR as much as AKL or is there absolutely no comparison?? Thanks for any help :).

As much as I love CSR, I don't think it is fair to compare a deluxe to a moderate. I've never stayed at AKL but after reading the posts of many here, it sounds very nice.

All I can offer is for you to visit my website for CSR below. It has photos and info on CSR.

Good luck deciding!

I would highly reccomend the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We loved our stay there. If nothing else spend one night there just to enjoy it. When you wake up in the morning you can step out and watch the animals. The story time at the firepit and overall decor of the hotel make it well worth it.

What a tough decision. These are two of my favorite Disney resorts though they are a little hard to compare. There is nothing like going out onto your balconey and relaxing and watching the animals and perusing the view. It does seem like you are in Africa. The pool is beautiful and large and you can step over to view animals there too. The room is bigger by a bit than at CSR and there are the interior corridors two restaurants and the fast food spot and direct buses to almost everything.
The advantage to CSR would be that it is a bit more colorfull and has 3 themed areas. There are coffee makers in the rooms and the pool is a bit more fun, particularly for kids. There are also 3 quiet pools.
If you can afford the AKL in a savannah view room I would recommend it highly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter