HELP! Could we make it in time??

firsttimer4

Mouseketeer
Our flight lands at 8:50am. Our current plan was to head to MK and have dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Well I just snagged Ohana breakfast reservations for 11:10. Could we make it?? We are staying at POP.

We actually have dinner scheduled at Ohana for another night which I would cancel if we did this plan. Do you prefer breakfast or Dinner at Ohana? (we've done dinner but never breakfast)

@claudiaken

Wouldn't count on it. Where are you staying? Are you taking DME?

We are staying at POP century and yes we're taking DME
Your odds are pretty low with Disney transportation. When we stay at Pop, I generally plan on 3 hours touchdown to entering MK. And that's without flight delays.

I wouldnt try. Having to rush and hope things go well is a lot of stress for the first day of vacation. Plane delay,bus wait, transportation from pop to poly is going to be along while. so lets guess best case..
Land 8:50 get to DME by 9am the bus is waiting and almost full you leave by 9:20am You are the first stop so you get to pop at 10am... Take a bus that is waiting already get to poly by 10:30. That is best case and some magic pixie dust to make this happen. Enjoy your dinner ohana imo.

I agree with PPs that you'll likely be rushing. The only scenario that may work is if you consider taking an Uber after collecting your luggage. You should have time to Uber to Pop and drop your bags and then take another Uber to Poly.

I personally would just keep the dinner. We think dinner is better there anyway.

2hrs20mins to exit the plane, take the tram, head down to DME, have the bus leave, drop off at AOA, then drop off at POP, get a bus to a park (MK), get to POLY from the park....?
Even if everything was insanely smooth you are looking at the nearly impossible.

2hrs20mins to exit the plane, take the tram, head down to DME, have the bus leave, drop off at AOA, then drop off at POP, get a bus to a park (MK), get to POLY from the park....?
Even if everything was insanely smooth you are looking at the nearly impossible.

It's definitely a bummer but looks like I'm canceling it. I was able to score another time for another day so I'm trying to see if I can work that time into our plans

Why the drop at AOA?

Plan on 90 minutes from getting off the plane to walking in to your resort lobby.
So you're walking in to POP at 10:30A.
Leave carryons with bell services.
Get an Uber/Taxi to Polly.
You should be there at 11A.

Now, that's *IF* everything goes as scheduled. If the plane's a little late, DME's a little longer than normal, etc, you miss the ADR. I wouldn't chance it.

ETA: It's been a while, but I like Dinner at O'hana better. Especially if I can time it so the MK fireworks go off around desert time.

Why the drop at AOA?

Plan on 90 minutes from getting off the plane to walking in to your resort lobby.

Now, that's *IF* everything goes as scheduled. If the plane's a little late, DME's a little longer than normal, etc, you miss the ADR. I wouldn't chance it.

ETA: It's been a while, but I like Dinner at O'hana better. Especially if I can time it so the MK fireworks go off around desert time.

Because that's the route DME takes iwhen going to POP.
You stop and drop off at AOA first.

Isn't it still "budget 90 minutes" regardless of where your stop is?

Yes but you asked about the AOA drop off so I was just telling you why I mentioned it.
You realize that checking your bags with bell services can take time as well right
Even with a taxi/uber it would be a very stressful situation that I'm not sure why anyone would want to have put on them.

Why the drop at AOA?

The night we have dinner at Ohana is the night of the MNSSHP. So we were trying to switch things around. Still working on it.....

Yes but you asked about the AOA drop off so I was just telling you why I mentioned it.
You realize that checking your bags with bell services can take time as well right
Even with a taxi/uber it would be a very stressful situation that I'm not sure why anyone would want to have put on them.
Yes, I included dropping bags with bell services because it takes time. I agree it would be stressful, which is why I said I wouldn't do it. If someone wants to chance it, go ahead.

If your flight arrives, on time, at 8:50, you'll be off the plane by 9:05-9:10. 10 mins to the main terminal, 15 mins to the DME area. At the checkin kiosk between 5-10 mins, in the bus line 1-25 mins, on the bus waiting to leave 1-20 mins. Then 30-45 mins to the resort depending on your stop. So.....you could be at Pop by 10:20, or by 11ish...most likely 10:35ish.

Then uber to the Polynesian....10-15 mins. Or, wait for MK bus, ride to MK, boat or monorail to Polynesian.....another 45 mins.

The problem with your time schedule is NOT transportation from MCO to Poly.

Your REAL problem is if your flight is delayed. And if it is, you have no chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter