• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help choosing: WL, GF, WL villa

jefedezorros

Earning My Ears
Hi folks,

I have a choice to make and need some help. First, my family typically stays at WL, but our last visit was in one of the studios at PV that was really nice. We have a trip coming up this year and I have a few options but not sure which is the right way to go. Money is not the biggest driver, since we skipped 2 years of vacations thanks to covid.
Here are my choices in order of cost:
1. GF garden view outer building
2. Contemporary garden wing bldg. ($150 less than GF)
3. WL copper creek studio walk in shower ($50 less than C)
4. Courtyard view WL ($100 less than CC)
5. WL-Boulder Ridge studio ($600 less than WL)

I have no idea how I got BR at that deep of a discount. I say discount but prices right now are insane to not be getting a free dining plan. That said, there is a >$800 difference between WL-BR and GF. But it makes me think maybe those rooms are NOT the best.

My question is: which if the WL options are best, and is it worth it to upgrade by ~$200 to go to GF?

EDIT: I should add that another option is to go FQ and save even more. That would be ~$1k less than the cheapest option listed above. Again, money is less of a factor, but I've heard the FQ rooms are nice.

Last edited:
What parks will be your priority?

Our boys are still young so every trip includes multiple visits to MK. Love being on the monorail loop for that reason. I would vote for one of those resorts. We just had a really nice stay at the Grand Floridian the week before Christmas.

PS - The Port Orleans resort is also really nice and relaxing, in some ways it feels like a deluxe.

Boulder Ridge would be my choice because of the kitchenette, since you mention no dining plan.

The GF rooms are spacious and gorgeous. Sure wouldn't deny it's a great place to stay if lolling in luxury appeals. We stayed club level there for years before buying DVC.

BRV will be more adaptable, I think, if you're interested in eating some light meals in the room to ease the pain of lacking a dining plan. I hear ya on that. We really missed oinking out on our Deluxe last trip. Wasn't nearly as fun without that "free food" feeling. :-)

Although---the restaurants at the GF are vastly better overall than WL's, imo.

I would pick one of these that you haven’t done before. It is hard sometimes as you want to return to places you love but also want to try something new.

What parks will be your priority?
We hit all parks once but definitely spend more time in MK. We usually get park hopper and end up back at MK later regardless of what park we visited that day. That’s why we like the MK area resorts. PV has no availability that week.

hey, i'm around the age of your older daughter and i would pick WL copper creek over the others any day. copper creek's studios are so rustic and charming i would live in one if i could haha. WL has a lot of disney charm like the monorail loop resorts but is not overwhelmingly busy. however i honestly feel like this choice comes down to the vibes your family likes: more nature and laid back seen at WL vs. a hustle and bustle vibe at CR or even GF.

i haven't been to WL in years but i've heard BR is looking a little dated (but are in the process of remodeling) so i would pick CC over BR.

btw you can even still see the fireworks at WL if you get a fireworks/nature view room or are at the boat dock!

Hi folks,

I have a choice to make and need some help. First, my family typically stays at WL, but our last visit was in one of the studios at PV that was really nice. We have a trip coming up this year and I have a few options but not sure which is the right way to go. Money is not the biggest driver, since we skipped 2 years of vacations thanks to covid.
Here are my choices in order of cost:
1. GF garden view outer building
2. Contemporary garden wing bldg. ($150 less than GF)
3. WL copper creek studio walk in shower ($50 less than C)
4. Courtyard view WL ($100 less than CC)
5. WL-Boulder Ridge studio ($600 less than WL)

I have no idea how I got BR at that deep of a discount. I say discount but prices right now are insane to not be getting a free dining plan. That said, there is a >$800 difference between WL-BR and GF. But it makes me think maybe those rooms are NOT the best.

My question is: which if the WL options are best, and is it worth it to upgrade by ~$200 to go to GF?

EDIT: I should add that another option is to go FQ and save even more. That would be ~$1k less than the cheapest option listed above. Again, money is less of a factor, but I've heard the FQ rooms are nice.

If money isn't really a factor, I would go with GF. You will get a spacious room with 3 real beds (2 queens and a day bed), beautiful pools, lots of dining options and great transportation options (monorail, boat, bus and walking path to MK). We also missed about 15 months of vacations thanks to covid so, when we did go back, I used that as an excuse to splurge as well!

I'm also a fan of the CR Garden Wing - again, spacious rooms, 3 beds and a quick walk to MK plus the monorail. As a resort, however, GF offers much more than CR in terms of theming, food options, pools and overall atmosphere, IMHO.

I also enjoy WL and love the rooms in CCV, though I'm not a fan of the pullout beds. If that doesn't bother you, CCV is a great option, though WL courtyard view is nice, too (though it was a bit noisy when we stayed there).

POFQ is also lovely, but you lose the proximity to MK and the various dining options, plus the size of the room is smaller.

All things being equal (though I know in terms of $$, they aren't), I would choose GF.

We are DVC we recently made reservations at Copper Creek over GF would have done BR as well. Simple for us the food option at GF are not very good as they still have some places closed. It is very easy to get from WL to all MK resorts also vice versa but rather have more food options At the resort I am staying at. Hopefully this changes but as of now…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter