• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help Choosing Resort at WDW

Question for the OP... when you called for pricing, and they had nothing for Contemporary, did they say if that was because the theme park view was all booked this far out already or that they just weren’t opening to reservations yet?

I am also planning a March 2021 visit, and I’m worried I may already be too late to snag my first choice resorts/rooms. Thanks in advance!

They said the theme park view rooms were all sold out for the dates I was looking for. I was looking the last week of March.

For my first trip at age 10, my parents and I stayed at the Polynesian and its a fond memory for me. Of the three monorail resorts, I think its the most uniquely themed and the most fun for kids. For us living in upstate NY, it was also the most different from anything we're used to at home. From Poly, you can also walk to the TTC for easy access to the Epcot monorail.

As far as TPV rooms at CR, I would not be surprised if the rooms just aren't available yet. I don't recall when availability opens for room only, but I'd find it hard to believe they are completely sold out over a year away. TPV rooms are pricey besides.

As far as renting points, I would have a backup plan booked and in place in case you can't secure points. Its always a gamble unless you are very flexible in dates, views, and resorts. You should also be aware that point rentals are typically non-refundable and can't be changed, usually require payment up front, and you do not receive daily housekeeping. There are point brokers you can engage starting at 11 months out from your date, but they may or may not have owners at your preferred resorts with enough points to cover your reservation. At the 7 month mark, they can use any DVC owners' points so the point availability is not an issue at that time, but availability at the resort may be. Closer to the 11 month mark, I would reach out to David's or any of the other brokers to get on the list and get a sense of what is available, but I would still have a cash reservation booked just in case.

Question for the OP... when you called for pricing, and they had nothing for Contemporary, did they say if that was because the theme park view was all booked this far out already or that they just weren’t opening to reservations yet?

I am also planning a March 2021 visit, and I’m worried I may already be too late to snag my first choice resorts/rooms. Thanks in advance!
They said the theme park view rooms were all sold out for the dates I was looking for. I was looking the last week of March.
Keep in mind that Easter is early next year (4/4), so that last week of March is not only spring break, but a major holiday weekend. Hence the price hike and already limited availability.

Keep in mind that Easter is early next year (4/4), so that last week of March is not only spring break, but a major holiday weekend. Hence the price hike and already limited availability.
Good point. With that information, that likely explains why its sold out if that is the case.

Hi! I also have a child with multiple severe food allergies including all nuts. Disney is basically the only vacation we can take where we can eat out because they have ingredient information available and chefs to assist. That said, I would never spend the money for club level because the setups look like cross-contamination could easily happen; and it would be a downer to pay so much extra and end up seeing a lot of foods we would have to avoid. Wanted to warn you of that aspect.

Polynesian ice cream/Dole whip has been something we can reliably enjoy without any problems.

We have stayed at a handful of the resorts including Polynesian and Contemporary. We thought Polynesian would be our favorite but we were underwhelmed. Contemporary is our favorite, with lots of places to see the fireworks and the best arcade. We do visit Poly and GF on every trip to visit the gift shops. If you’re planning any of the princess dining experiences like 1900 Park Fare or princess tea party I’d recommend GF, but based on personal experiences I’d suggest Contemporary. Good tasting allergy safe fast food meals are available at Contempo cafe/pool bars and they have Enjoy Life treats in the gift shop. Best part- you can walk to and from the Magic Kingdom. I would check the points rental companies for availability for your dates.

I would suggest renting points via DVC. You still have time as you can't even put in for a room till the 11th month mark. It will save you money, but search carefully as there are some places that you can not get your money back with cancellations. There are plenty of wonderful options. Every place has its perks. For the half the price of what you are spending at the Deluxe on the lake view, you could look into getting a family suite at Art of Animation that has PoP right across the walk way and is now on the gondala with fast access to Epcot and Hollywood studios. The same if you want to stay at Carribian Beach with also good restaraunts and the Rivera within walking distance and still on the gondola line.

Ah! This makes sense then.

Hi! I also have a child with multiple severe food allergies including all nuts. Disney is basically the only vacation we can take where we can eat out because they have ingredient information available and chefs to assist. That said, I would never spend the money for club level because the setups look like cross-contamination could easily happen; and it would be a downer to pay so much extra and end up seeing a lot of foods we would have to avoid. Wanted to warn you of that aspect.

Polynesian ice cream/Dole whip has been something we can reliably enjoy without any problems.

We have stayed at a handful of the resorts including Polynesian and Contemporary. We thought Polynesian would be our favorite but we were underwhelmed. Contemporary is our favorite, with lots of places to see the fireworks and the best arcade. We do visit Poly and GF on every trip to visit the gift shops. If you’re planning any of the princess dining experiences like 1900 Park Fare or princess tea party I’d recommend GF, but based on personal experiences I’d suggest Contemporary. Good tasting allergy safe fast food meals are available at Contempo cafe/pool bars and they have Enjoy Life treats in the gift shop. Best part- you can walk to and from the Magic Kingdom. I would check the points rental companies for availability for your dates.

I have a severe tree nut allergy and was worried about our first CL stay at the Poly coming up in May, but CL is just as allergy friendly as anything else at Disney from all accounts. Ofc cross contamination is a potential issue anywhere guests are directly handling food (eg buffets), but everyone in the CL thread has reassured me that it’s no less safe to eat at lounges than anywhere else at the World. Probably safer tbh considering you have people to reach out to directly even before you get there.

I can say that the Poly was excellent regarding my allergy on our previous, non-CL stay there. I would not let that be a deterrent to staying there whether CL or not. It quickly became our favorite resort due to theming, food, and the practical convenience of the location with regard to transportation compared to the other monorail resorts (no transfers to Epcot = a godsend).

I will be there probably at the same time as you (yay spring break lol), and I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them. I don't have experience with allergen menus at GF and Poly, but my mom had to have a very strict diet due to some health issues and Contemporary was awesome for her (one of the things she had to cut out of her diet at the time was gluten), but you can travel being them all so easily I wouldn't worry too much. I also don't ever worry about getting a TPV from any of the resorts, while nice you can see fireworks from several different areas. At GF I like to see them from outside of the QS (bonus points for getting there before, grabbing dinner, and sitting at a table outside), from the beach at Poly, or the bridge between CR and BLT. BLT is also my favorite place to rent points if you want to go that route, my mom and I had a 2 bedroom standard view villa with a view of fireworks, and could hear the music being piped in from CR from our balcony.

We went 2 years ago and rented points through David’s for bay lake tower (part of contemporary). Both my husband and daughter have celiac. Contempo cafe and Chef Mickeys were excellent. The Dvc rooms that you rent points on are cheaper and also have a kitchenette. It was great to be able to make some light meals. Microwave and toaster that we used toaster bags in.
The walk to magic kingdom in under 10 minutes was awesome! That being said we are looking at poly just for a new experience for next year, but we had a fantastic time at contemporary/bay lake tower.

We prefer DVCs because we like having a full kitchen. We have food allergies in our home so we dont eat out a lot. I could not say what DVC that question would be for the others to answer. We are staying at Riviera later this month under the Disney visa discount, looks nice we will see.

Of those three definitely Polynesian. IMHO its theme is the best of all the resorts and you can't beat it for convenience to MK and the views. You won't be blown away by the views of the fireworks from any of the resorts, but you get a good shot from the Poly.

In my personal opinion, the Polynesian is not only my favorite of the monorail resorts, but my favorite Resort at WDW. The theming is just amazing and I think it offers the best look at Cinderella Castle/fireworks. I just think it is a great feel and getting to MK is easy as well. I also feel like it is quiet compared to most Resorts on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter