Help choose days to visit park Christmas Week

100acreHiker

Fallen down the Disney rabbit hole...
Hi all-- we are WDW vets but have never gone during peak Christmas week; we usually go first week of Dec or in April. I know it's going to be a madhouse, which is why we have mostly resort things planned. That said, we have 2-day PH tickets, though we have a 5 day trip planned. Can I get some feedback about which days will be our best bet to pop in and out of the parks that week? We arrive noon on Thurs 12/26, so that day is out. Our choices would be Fri, Sat, Sun, or Mon (we leave Tuesday morning). Our plan is to go in early in the morning for a couple of hours, then go late at night after dinner. Goals are to see the Christmas Parade and ride a couple of rides in MK, see new EP fireworks and do Soarin', see Galaxy's Edge, and hopefully do FoP. I am thinking Friday and Monday might be slightly better than Sat and Sunday, but not sure if that feeling is based in anything valid. Given I will only have access to FPs in two parks, which parks and which days should I prioritize?

Our plan is to go in early in the morning for a couple of hours, then go late at night after dinner. Goals are to see the Christmas Parade...

The Christmas Parade runs at 12 Noon and 3:30pm.

Last edited:
1. I am thinking Friday and Monday might be slightly better than Sat and Sunday, but not sure if that feeling is based in anything valid.
2. Given I will only have access to FPs in two parks, which parks and which days should I prioritize?
1. Unlikely there would be much difference.
Schools are out everywhere and families are visiting in large numbers.
2. If you are interested in SWGE, choose DHS.
If you want FoP, choose DAK.

The Christmas Parade runs at 12 Noon and 3:30pm.
This is super helpful info. I had assumed parade would be at night like it is during the Christmas Party. Not sure it will still make my list if we have to go in the afternoon--love the magic of seeing it all lit up at night....

Any idea the crowd level the week of December 9th?
Nobody, including Disney, has any accurate information on that.

They VASTLY guessed WRONG on the number of anticipated guests for Star Wars Land at Disneyland.
The attendance has been abysmally LOW for that new project in Anaheim (as well as attendance for the rest of the Disneyland Resort.) Disney made what now look to be really poor decisions as to how to "restrict" guests
in regard to the new Star Wars area.
It remains to be seen as to how the attendance will ultimately shake out in those California parks,

I mention this specifically, as this Dec. will be the first Dec. after the opening of WDW's Star Wars Land, and the guest draw from this COULD dramatically affect attendance (one way or the other.)
Stay tuned.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter