Help! car seat ?

lovemickeya

Blockhead forever
I have a 5yo son with autism and he has learned how to get out of his car seat. YES while driving down the rode I look back to see if it is ok to change lanes and guess who is STANDING 2 inches from my FACE. So I am in search of a new carseat or tips from Anyone if this has been a problem for you. He is 5 and about 50lbs or so. But he doesnt understand (autism) that it is dangerous. So he needs to be in a car seat.

TIA

I have the same problem with my DD. It is really scary and really hard to find something they can not figure out how to open. Good luck.

Thanks for the posts- I am still looking for "THE" answer to this problem. DS is going to school across town now and in the mornings and afternoons it is just me and him in the van which makes it very hard to keep an eye on the buckles. I am still looking - I have even asked the doctor's office to find me a solution.

Keep you posted! Thanks again

I have a little guy who is 6 that does the same thing except he has CP and mild MR. We had to buy a vest for him. It was not fun getting a ticket for him waving out the back window at a cop. :) I couldn't watch backwards and forward at the same time and he can get out of anything EXCEPT the EZ ON Vest. Here is a website about it. It is expensive but not bad compared to how much a ticket cost or God forbid we would be in a wreck something would happen to him. We talked to everyone trying to find something that helps. http://www.ezonpro.com/products/familyVehicle/adjustableVest/103z.shtml

Good luck
Lori
more to the fearless wonderboy--Hunter

MCMOM-
Thank you!!!

I am looking into that. I have also sent you a PM with more personal ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter