Help -- annual pass discount question

teachbrooks

Earning My Ears
Help
OK, I'm still trying to get a family trip together for December. It now looks as if Dec. 19-26 will be better dates for all.( oh how I miss the days when I looked at the calendar and made the decision without first checking with adult children)
I see that annual pass discounts are available for the beginning of this trip. Would it be possible to buy one annual pass and use this to make reservations. I believe that the discount would offset the added cost of an annual pass as opposed to a 5 day park hopper and still offer savings.
Also, can you book two rooms with the annual pass rate.
Additionally, how do I get an annual pass. I've purchased my park hoppers from the DS.
Thanks for any and all help.
Karen

Hi,
1. First of all you don't need an AP to book the Resevations only when you check in!![you only need one AP]
2.to buy a AP You call WDW and tell them you would like to buy an AP,pay with a credit card,and they send you an, AP Voucher. Which you exchange when you get to WDW and it is Activated at that time to be good for one year.
3.[yes,I do think you can book 2 rooms!! just ask when you make the Resevations]

And did you know that the Courtyard Marrott in DD is offering rooms for $29. a night. Check it out at this link
http://www.mousesavers.com/nondisney.html

:jester: :bounce: :jester: :bounce: :jester:

You can book up to 3 rooms with one AP, but the rooms must all be reserved in the name of the AP holder.

I've ordered our AP's by calling 1-407-WDW-PASS. As Tink2wdw says, they send you a voucher. You then exchange the voucher for the actual AP ticket at one of the park's Guest Services locations or at the Guest Services Desk at Downtown Disney. The AP will expire one yer from the date you make the exchange. And to repeat tink2wdw one moe time, you do not need the AP in hand to make the reservations. Many people make sure they can get the AP rate before ordering their AP.

You can also order APs at most Disney Stores - they do not keep APs in stock, but order the voucher for you. (You need to go back to pick it up when it comes in).

Hope your family appreciates all the extra work it takes to make a family trip magical.

Enjoy your trip!

I have always been told that no matter who's name is on the reservation, at least one adult in each room must have an Annual Pass to get the discount on additional rooms. Of course we all know how many stories we would get if we all called to get additional information on this subject!!

Kaa-

I have personally booked two rooms with only one AP (mine) and encountered no problems at either check in or check out. All was as promised. When I booked, CRO told me the limit was 3 rooms per AP. Things do change, of course, so nothing is firm until trip is over. LOL!

That said, I'd sure call CRO and ask to book the number of rooms I needed with the AP rate. All they can say is no. (And then I would call back a few times to make sure the CM who said no actually knew his/her stuff. Sometimes, I think the CMs are all in training to be politicians - i.e., having a different story for every audience. LOL!)

Good Luck to all who want/need those AP rates.

Carol

Hey Teach....

If you already have your PHP for yourself, you can trade it in at one of the parks when you get down there (for complete credit towards an AP). (I did this at AK in January when I went just before I checked in.) I paid something like $80 more for the AP, and saved something like $110 on the hotel - so it was definately worth it for me! PLUS now I get to go back in November & get into the parks for nothing!!!! :D :D

Well, using all your advice on this thread and Mousesavers thread, I kept calling, and I just booked Coronado Springs. DS (12) has been in awe of those pyramids since first reading about it.
Now it is off to purchase an annual pass.
Thanks so much. I was dreading staying off property with that drive in to the parks everyday. Ever anxious, I could imagine the parks filled to capacity, and me in Orlando with no Disney parks I could enter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter