• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hello!

hjohnson6

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I'm Heather and I am looking forward to our first family trip to WDW next year. This year we are paying off the truck so we don't have a huge monthly payment anymore. I grew up in Southern Cal so I have been to Disneyland too many times to count!

I am glad I found WDWinfo.com because it will make planning our trip easier. Couple questions for you all. How do you convince the hubby to splurge on a trip? I would love to stay at AKL. He wants to stay at a value resort because his thought is "It is just a place to sleep." Also why isn't there a childcare facility for kids younger than 4? My oldest will be old enough for the kid's clubs but then I guess I am stuck paying $14 an hour to have someone watch my then 2 year old so we can have some mom and dad time.

Hi Heather!! Welcome to the DIS!! :wave2: We took our first WDW trip last year and we felt like veterans because of everything we learned on the DIS.

Maybe you can comprimise and split your stay. Few nights value and few nights AKL.

Sorry about the babysitting stuff.

Hi Heather,just wanted to say welcome.Don't know the answers to your questions cuz I don't have a husband or kids,but have a great trip when you go!And welcome to the DIS!
Kirsten :banana: :teacher:

Welcome to the DIS, Heather! Glad to have you with us. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter