Hello...visiting Montreal and had a few questions....

Winka

<font color=navy>The sole person in the world who
I am visiting Montreal in a few weeks over the three day weekend. I'm sure you all must be tired of the comparisons but was wondering where I might best see and experience the French influence on the city? Which neighborhoods/city blocks/plazas, which restaurants, stores, events etc?

Also...was hoping to stop by and check out the Montreal Ikea...I hear there are two...which would you recommend as the preferred one based on stock availability, crowds, ease of access from the city?

Any other insights are also appreciated.:)

Thank you for any help.:)

Winka, you can't go wrong strolling up St. Denis Street. I haven't been in a few years but it was always a great place to go for a couple of drinks and good restaurants. Sorry but I have no help for you with regards to Ikea. I have been to the one on Cavendish several times but never to the other so I can't compare.

Have Fun
John

Hi Winka
as John suggested,St-Denis street is a great place to walk,drink and eat especially between Sherbrooke and Rene-levesque.

Also there's the Olympic stadium area on the east side of Montreal.You can go up in the funiculaire,yiu have a great view from up there, also there is the Biodome where you can finf the insectarium and just across the street you will find the botanical garden. In october they should have the halloween special.
-
If you don''t mind driving a bit, about 1 hour north of Montreal you can go to a small village called St-sauveur. There is a very nice ski center there and with the automn colors it is beautiful.
You can go on the chairlift up in the mountain, and in the village there is very good restaurants and nice boutiques.
-
As per the Ikea the one in St-laurent, wich is a few minutes from downtown would be closer. The new one is in Boucherville wich is on the south shore of Montreal. The one in St-Laurent is right on autoroute 40. You can not miss that huge blue building.

If you need any more info feel free to ask or pm me.
Have a great trip...

Steff

Take a stroll through Old Montreal. You can take the subway system and get off at 'champ de mars' . It's a very beautiful part of the city with cobblestone roads and sidewalks...there are shops and restaurants and it's rich with atmosphere.

Thank you so much for the suggestions and help! Oh and St. Sauveur...have heard that that and the Laurentides make a very nice side trip....I wonder if a three day weekend will be enough?;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter