Heinz Ketchup??????

OMG this made me laugh. I am also from Pittsburgh and ONLY use Heinz ketchup. We travel out of the country a lot and I will bring ketchup packets with me just incase. When we go places that have ketchup in those unmarked red bottles, I have to taste it first to make sure it's heinz. If its not, I won't order anything that I would use ketchup on - yes, its that serious haha.
Another poster mentioned the packets at chick fil a. I have "taken a few extra " of those when I order there. If you are worried about them possibly smashing, I have bought little 3-4 oz glass ketchup bottles at my local walmart. They are perfect size to throw in a purse or whatever. DH and I are going back to Disney in October. I guess I better stock up if Heinz is going away :(

I'm from Pittsburgh too and totally feel your pain! No different than when people take in their own water or flavor packets because they can't stand the taste of water in the parks. I know Chick fil a has Heinz to go packets sitting out with their napkins/silverware etc. I'd grab a couple extra if you're there before you leave. Guess I have something else to add to my packing list too!!

Or how about going and buying the ketchup you need, instead of taking it from another restaurant? Don't any of you think that is at least part of the reason they went to a different ketchup? To keep people from taking more than they intend to use with their meal?

I don't think I have ever noticed ketchup brands...in a park or what I buy...I go for cheapest! They all taste the same to me
This. Though I will usually check to make sure the one I'm buying doesn't have HFCS, but I don't care what brand. But on vacation I don't even care about the ingredients, let alone the brand.

There's nothing particular (food, drinks, toiletries etc) that I can't live without for the length of a Disney Parks vacation. I find those who MUST have their own particular brand of thing at all times kind of strange. Nothing personal, though.
Agreed. There are certain brands I prefer for certain things, but none I can't live without while on vacation.

BTW if anyone cares... i did a little research because I am avoiding unpleasantness at work and it looks like Red Gold is actually a very good regional brand. The ingredients use real sugar instead of HFCS and corn syrup - which is more like classic Heinz. A lot of Heinz fans use organic heinz because it still uses regular sugar. This is what the internet tells me at least. Maybe this was an aesthetic choice and not a cheaping out choice. The name is much less recognizable but the product seems like it is very good quality!
Red Gold is popular in it's home territory.
People say it is what ketchup, catsup, kechip, or whatever it's called regionally, used to taste like before the artificial colors and flavors took over.

Or how about going and buying the ketchup you need, instead of taking it from another restaurant? Don't any of you think that is at least part of the reason they went to a different ketchup? To keep people from taking more than they intend to use with their meal?
No. I think they went to a different ketchup because it saved them money in some capacity. I think even if everyone only took exactly how much ketchup they need and never overestimated and took a couple of extra packs that ended up in their purse or the trash or no one saved a few for later, they would still have looked at the cost of Heinz, the cost of Red Gold and saw that the cost of Red Gold was less and made the change.

From Pittsburgh area as well, Heinz ketchup is the best and eating food with any other ketchup just ruins the taste of the food.
Pittsburghers are serious about their ketchup.

Me too, but I understand that not everyone is the same. At home, we have folks who take their own maple syrup to restaurants when they want pancakes. Condiments can be serious business.

This is me with our maple syrup. Our family have always used real maple syrup. When I was a kid I would pour a bunch of syrup on things not knowing how expensive the real stuff was. Now I understand the price is way more for the real stuff. I recently tried Edy's vanilla ice cream n maple syrup made with the fake stuff. It was way too sweet. It's the same thing with McDonald's maple syrup.

Me too, but I understand that not everyone is the same. At home, we have folks who take their own maple syrup to restaurants when they want pancakes. Condiments can be serious business.

OP- I think that you can buy a little bottle at home, take it to the parks, and just toss it out before you leave to go back home.

That is different..........

They take food to a restaurant? I mean I've used a corking fee for opening my own bottle of wine but I've never BROUGHT food.

Stacy

That is different..........

They take food to a restaurant? I mean I've used a corking fee for opening my own bottle of wine but I've never BROUGHT food.

Stacy

LOL! Maple Syrup is not food to them. It is a bigger deal then real butter vs. margarine. They will never say a word about the spread on their pancakes, but the syrup is a deal breaker.

Frankly, over ketchup?

Just because they changed brands, doesn't mean its any worse then Heinz, in fact it could be better.

I agree if its that big a personal issue, bring your own packets.

What ever you do have a great trip!

AKK

PS. Its a old eatery trick to take brand name/ Heinz table bottles and refill them with off brand ketchup from large cans or bottles.

AKK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter