• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to run we go! A new and improved Teetz running Journal

Hello! :wave::wave::wave:

So updates seem to be a bit far and in between for me which shouldn't be because I am on here every day. Anyways life gets in the way doesn't it.

As many have pointed out I had the pleasure of being on the trivia portion of Connecting with Walt a Disunplugged podcast on Disney history. It was really a great time. I am on the 5/18, 5/25, and 6/1 episodes near the end.

As for running... I ran twice this week! Only a 5K each time though. Better than nothing I suppose. This weekend has been incredibly busy with working and life things. It also has went from Winter to mid July as today it was 95 degrees so no thanks to running in that. I need to start getting a plan together for Wine and Dine. I will find time for that sooner than later I suppose.

Then Marathon Weekend... You know me and that I probably will do Dopey but... money isn't exactly in great surplus right now so I might have to settle on Goofy. Either way I am in for my 5th consecutive year doing that weekend. I really do love it.

Everything else is normal otherwise. I hope everyone else is dong well!

I listened to one of the Connecting with Walt episodes (you won in this one) and I have to apologize for yelling at you in my car, "Pick C!!!! It's C!!!!" when the correct answer was actually A. What fun!

I listened to one of the Connecting with Walt episodes (you won in this one) and I have to apologize for yelling at you in my car, "Pick C!!!! It's C!!!!" when the correct answer was actually A. What fun!
Hahaha! I’ve done that before too!

Mid week update

I ran Tuesday and today (Wednesday). Not sure if I will run tomorrow or not due to weather.

I ended up buying another pair of Goodr sunglasses... They are cheap and come in great colors. This one is Betsy Ross' Side Hustle (American flag). My other color is Dat Dank Easter Basket Grass. Their color names are freakin hilarious too.

Next up will be looking into a new pair of running shoes when the extra funds become available.

I feel like Wine and Dine is still so far away. Countdown is at 155 days. I have my ADRs but those might change yet.

11/1 Sanaa
11/2 Sci-Fi Dine In
11/3 Trattoria Al Forno
11/4 California Grill Brunch
11/5 Boathouse

I am not sure if I will keep Trattoria Al Forno or not.

Anyways that is all for now. It has been pretty dang hot here. Cool down is coming Friday. Can't believe it is gonna be June already.

I've been looking at Goodr sunglasses lately, but I'm not sure I'm ready to pull the trigger. I know $25 isn't that much, but I'm used to my $7 H&M sunglasses, so it's hard to justify paying more, even though I know they'll probably be better sunglasses, especially for running. Sigh.
Also ... it's hard to decide if I'd want to get plain black that matches everything or something super funky (which would probably end up not matching half my clothing).
I did see the flag ones you bought on the site when I was looking - they're fun.

I've been looking at Goodr sunglasses lately, but I'm not sure I'm ready to pull the trigger. I know $25 isn't that much, but I'm used to my $7 H&M sunglasses, so it's hard to justify paying more, even though I know they'll probably be better sunglasses, especially for running. Sigh.
Also ... it's hard to decide if I'd want to get plain black that matches everything or something super funky (which would probably end up not matching half my clothing).
I did see the flag ones you bought on the site when I was looking - they're fun.
I was skeptical of Goodr's at first. Since getting them I have loved them. They come out with new colors all the time and have brilliant names for their glasses. I know people who have 6+ pair. My green Dat Dank Easter Basket Grass ones are to match Team Shenanigans. The Betsy Ross' ones are just for fun and to be patriotic.

40 pairs of shoes and you still haven't gotten around to buying new running shoes...

(Which reminds me ... I need to go shoe shopping)

I HAVE to have polarized lenses for my sensitive eyes, so I'm scooping up as many pairs of these cheapie running glasses as I can! Also, I've found tht Goodrs and Ro-Sham-Bo glasses fit better under a visor/trucker hat/bike helmet than my super-spendy RayBans.

I HAVE to have polarized lenses for my sensitive eyes, so I'm scooping up as many pairs of these cheapie running glasses as I can! Also, I've found tht Goodrs and Ro-Sham-Bo glasses fit better under a visor/trucker hat/bike helmet than my super-spendy RayBans.

Good points. I probably should wear polarized lenses because I wear contacts and need the extra protection. And my current sunglasses don't fit under a hat, which isn't a huge problem for running since I rarely run in a hat unless it's raining (in which case I don't wear the sunglasses), but makes baseball games a little difficult.

I’ve been eyeing those Goodrs now for a while. I couldn’t decide on colors and then I found the Ro-Sham-Bo glasses and now I totally can’t decide. I liked those green ones.

Good luck on the running shoes! Hopefully it isn’t too much of a chore.

Joining in on the Goodr discussion... :)

My local running store has several in stock so I was able to try on different colors to decide which I wanted first. My first pair were the white frames with blue lenses (Iced by Yetis). I would have never chosen white until someone said to try them on, and I ended up liking them the best. They are mostly neutral so I wear them with everything. I recently purchased the black frames with blue lenses (Vincent’s Absenthe Night Terrors), another neutral-ish color. Also, different lenses give a different tint. My white frame Goodr’s make everything a little yellow-er, which makes greens very green (trees and grass), whereas my black frames give everything a pink tint. There was another pair of blacks (with orange lenses), that tinted everything blue.

I’m on the 5/18, 5/25, and next weeks episodes for the trivia portions. I’ve been fortunate to meet Michael a few times and he’s the nicest person.
Michael is a friend of mine from the Walt Disney Family Museum. I always enjoy catching up with him at the museum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter