Heeelllpppp My Ipod Won't Work

chirurgeon

I am a delicate flower and need my sleep.
I posted on the community board, but I knew the Pod Squad would understand. I got an update for my Ipod last night and it synced up. When I tried to listen to this weeks podcast, my Ipod was blank. When I got home tonight I hooked it up to the computer again and it went through the normal syncing but still nothing on the Ipod. When it is hooked up to the computer, it indicates everything is on the Ipod, but nothing shows up on the screen. I don't know what to do. I really missed my Dis Unplugged at work today.

Help please.

TIA

Does any other music, photos, etc. show up? I recently reverted my iPod back to it's original setting through iTunes. It is a feature that is availible when your iPod is hooked up. Mine is in the car right now so I can't remember the official name but think it's "restore".

If you have everything saved in iTunes, you won't loose anything. I'd look at the podcast settings to ensure that they haven't changed but since you are doing the same thing you've been doing, I doubt that is it. I assume you have a comfortable understanding of the controls within itunes for the iPod. Try the "restore", if that is it's correct name. If that dosen't work, I'll get mine from my car and hokk it up and try and help more.

EDITED: Also, make sure your looking at the right place on your iPod. MUSIC/PODCAST/THE DIS UNPLUGGED/ "then the episode you want"
I know this sounds elementary but I blanked out one time lost the "path" and couldn't find them while they were there the whole time.

I had this happen and it was an easy fix! You want to try to reset it. Mine is a nano... try this below if your is a nano, or go to apple here and select your model:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/

To reset your iPod nano:

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

Tip: If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and not near the center.

If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter