Heaviest Living Woman

That puppy is adorable and wow, that woman is huge.

I reserve my sympathy for people suffering from illnesses they didn't bring upon themselves and over which they have absolutely no control. You know, those who are not grinning and posing and saying "I want more". Wanting "more" has been her problem all along. :sad2:

I have to agree.

I feel sorry for people like you without compassion. It must be a terrible way to live. You, very obviously, have never had a weight problem, lucky you.

I gained all my weight from medication side effects. I was always VERY skinny. I have lost about 50 pounds and have about 60 more to go and lost it from..... MEDICATION. That is the only way I am going to loose them, unless I stop my mental health meds. If I do that I will either end up in Jail, dead, or in a hospital until they force me back on my meds, in which case I will gain all the weight back. We found a med that will counter act the side effect of one of my meds. One side effect of that med is hair loss... I was on a med for that but we thought I was alergic to it but I am thinking it wasn't that so I am going to ask to try it again.uggggg. If I didn't mind being heavy I would just deal with it but I don't like it at all and my self esteem it low so I am going to continue to take them and hopefully I will loose more!

How do you know that she brought it on herself or if she has control over her behavior? Eating disorders are mental not physical. Would you say the same about a painfully thin woman wasting away from anorexia?

Nope, I would not say the same about someone with anorexia because it is a recognized mental disorder that can kill very quickly. Obesity is a body type usually brought about by poor eating habits. Both involve food, but that's where the similarity ends.

If the woman reveals that her obesity is caused by something other than eating too much and moving too little, then I'll change my tune. But until then I'm sticking with my opinion.

Nope, I would not say the same about someone with anorexia because it is a recognized mental disorder that can kill very quickly. Obesity is a body type usually brought about by poor eating habits. Both involve food, but that's where the similarity ends.

If the woman reveals that her obesity is caused by something other than eating too much and moving too little, then I'll change my tune. But until then I'm sticking with my opinion.

Eating disorders can cause someone to be obese just as they can cause someone to be too thin. Food addiction IS an eating disorder. Obviously this is something you have never had to deal with and are unable to show compassion for. . . how sad :sad2:

Nope, I would not say the same about someone with anorexia because it is a recognized mental disorder that can kill very quickly. Obesity is a body type brought about by poor eating habits. Both involve food, but that's where the similarity ends.

Are you saying that binge eating is not a recognized mental disorder? That's a surprise! Get on the phone and call the Mayo Clinic and let them know: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/binge-eating-disorder/DS00608

According to the article, she say people avoided her like she was "retarded." Nice. Yeah, I have no sympathy for this woman. I bet she's on disability, too.

p.s. She needs to "lose" weight, not "loose" it.

According to the article, she say people avoided her like she was "retarded." Nice. Yeah, I have no sympathy for this woman. I bet she's on disability, too.

p.s. She needs to "lose" weight, not "loose" it.

and she "says", not "say". :rolleyes1

If she doesn't know who to reach out too...pick up the phone, go to the internet and start looking.

She doesn't want someone to help her is my guess....she just wants someone to solve the problem for her.

She is addicted to food. Do you feel the same way about alcoholics or drug addicts or gamblers? Sometimes it amazes me how different addictions are accepted and noted as diseases while other addictions are tossed up as a personal choice.

In fact, a food addiction is probably the toughest one. One HAS to eat , you just can't quit eating cold turkey or otherwise.

She is addicted to food. Do you feel the same way about alcoholics or drug addicts or gamblers? Sometimes it amazes me how different addictions are accepted and noted as diseases while other addictions are tossed up as a personal choice.

In fact, a food addiction is probably the toughest one. One HAS to eat , you just can't quit eating cold turkey or otherwise.

And with any addiction is the self control that let it get to an addiction. She says she has been heavy since she was 8. I would say it is a life long over eating problem.

Yes you have to eat but you don't have to over eat.

And with any addiction is the self control that let it get to an addiction. She says she has been heavy since she was 8. I would say it is a life long over eating problem.

Yes you have to eat but you don't have to over eat.

The whole definition of an addiction is that you cannot control it. So there is no self control.

Do you think that a person addicted to cocain can just use some self control too?

did anyone notice the cupcake recipe link at the end of the article:laughing:

The whole definition of an addiction is that you cannot control it. So there is no self control.

Do you think that a person addicted to cocain can just use some self control too?

Yes. There is the self control to not start it. And yes people do go cold turkey from addictions. And no one is telling her to go cold turkey from eating just cut back. She could cut back and if she doesn't have the self control then only keep so much food in the house, there are things she could have been doing for 40 years.

My theory is that she maybe got abused in childhood? Severe problems like that are usually the ones that cause overeating.

Yes. There is the self control to not start it. And yes people do go cold turkey from addictions. And no one is telling her to go cold turkey from eating just cut back. She could cut back and if she doesn't have the self control then only keep so much food in the house, there are things she could have been doing for 40 years.

So can someone addicted to a drug just "cut back"?

The reason cold turkey works (the few times that it does work) is because you then stay completely away from whatever the addiction is. You can't do that with food.

She is addicted to food. Just like a drug addict will do whatever possible to get the drug, she will try to get food. She CAN'T control it. That is why its an addiction.

So can someone addicted to a drug just "cut back"?

The reason cold turkey works (the few times that it does work) is because you then stay completely away from whatever the addiction is. You can't do that with food.

She is addicted to food. Just like a drug addict will do whatever possible to get the drug, she will try to get food. She CAN'T control it. That is why its an addiction.

so if she keeps only enough food for 1 day in the house how is she going to get more? she has to be able to get up and get it, good luck at her weight.

And I don't buy that all addictions are exactly the same. What chemical is triggering her over eating? and yes some smokers are able to cut back and keep smoking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter