Heathrow

mrsminniemouse

DIS Veteran
Hi all
We fly indirectly with United from Heathrow T2 this Saturday at 10am. Hearing lots of horror stories about delays, cancellations, lost luggage and massive queues at the airport.
Has anyone flown from Heathrow with United lately?

Thanks
Mandy :-)

Hi all
We fly indirectly with United from Heathrow T2 this Saturday at 10am. Hearing lots of horror stories about delays, cancellations, lost luggage and massive queues at the airport.
Has anyone flown from Heathrow with United lately?

Thanks
Mandy :-)
Hi Mandy,
No, but will be joining you in T2 this Saturday as we are flying JetBlue at 8:25!
we have already decided to take a change of clothes and swimwear in hand luggage, just in case we make it onto the flight but the cases don’t!

Family member flew on UA last week (on a weekday) and had no problems (arrived about 6am for 8am flight).
I had flown the day before (not UA but still Star Alliance so same terminal and security) and it was a zoo around noon (30+ minutes for security in the Fast Track line and people everywhere).

Neither of us had to check luggage and both have frequent flyer status and were flying in business (so, had some shortcuts)

We just went and bag dropped at terminal 5 LHR for tomorrow mornings flight to LAX, it was pretty quiet 👍

Hi Mandy,
No, but will be joining you in T2 this Saturday as we are flying JetBlue at 8:25!
we have already decided to take a change of clothes and swimwear in hand luggage, just in case we make it onto the flight but the cases don’t!
How did you get on? Heathrow was great for us- no hold ups and travelling business class certainly helped us avoid the queues, but they weren’t too bad anyway. Had problems at the Avis counter at MCO which held us up for a couple of hours though. 😬

How did you get on? Heathrow was great for us- no hold ups and travelling business class certainly helped us avoid the queues, but they weren’t too bad anyway. Had problems at the Avis counter at MCO which held us up for a couple of hours though. 😬
We had no problems at all at Heathrow, I think because JetBlue only had the one flight, it was quick for us to check in. We had a HUGE wait at JFK though as had to collect cases and go through security again, we thought we might miss the connecting flight but there was a delay with boarding when we (ran) got to the gate, so we were ok! I thought a 2.5 hour layover was sufficient, but it really was tight!

I have been through Heathrow a few times in the last couple of months -- both T5 and T2. Not as bad as the press makes out, but I would still get there a little earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter