Heat, Humidity, and Our Favorite Disney Dog Was a Thug! LINK TO NEW PTR!!

Aw man, it's over? That makes me sad too! I have loved reading your TR and getting so excited about our future sea adventure from it! You write a great report!

I can't wait for the next one and your road trippin' experiences! Have a great time and....we'll see ya real soon! :wave2:

That muffin and donut look really good. I'm personally a big fan of all-carb breakfasts. No bacon for me!

Your hotel at MCO looks really nice! I would definitely be spending all my time in the Disney stores.

Yeah, I'm totally over visiting Disney in the summertime after this last trip. It's just so hot! With school, though, it's the only time we've ever been able to go, so we manage. I can't wait to hear about future cruises!

I'm SO glad I found this TR, Roni. Thank you so much for writing it! You and Willow are precious and it's clear from your pictures and stories what a great relationship you have. I loved seeing every character meet and delicious meal and I can't wait to hear about the Disneyland road trip, have an absolute blast! I know you will :)

Hi Roni,

Since it will be a while before I get to this point in my TR, I wanted to show you a picture of Kylie and I in our shirts :) (ignore her facial expression, the sun was right in her eyes and we were about to leave Disney so she looks a little grumpy...)

14500962570_4bc5a5bd9f_c.jpg

I really can't thank you enough. The shirts are so well-made and absolutely adorable!

Whoa I am sliding in here right under the wire....so typical for me lately, sorry.
:wave2: My plan for a lazy Sunday tomorrow is to read and catch up with my favorite author YOU :goodvibes

Hi to Willow and thanks for always writing awesome reports and making us feel like we are right by your side with all the adventures.

Those shirts ( courtneybelle and DD ) Roni terrific job!!!...hmmm we may have to talk about this :)

I'm sad it's over! :sad: But, you know I'm still reading the DLR TR. And I definitely can't wait to hear all about y'all's upcoming adventure. By the way, Ed told me he got on the DIS the other night & found your DLR TR. And he read everything you've posted so far. I can't believe how much research he's doing on his own for DLR!
That is so cool that Ed is getting so into the DLR idea! I'm so glad!! :woohoo:

Anyway, back to the ending of this TR. It is so sad leaving the ship, right? I was so surprised when Reid started crying this last time we left the ship. It's just so hard to leave a beautiful place that caters to your every need.
It is extremely hard to leave a DCL ship - Willow has cried at the end of both of our cruises. :(

Breakfast does look yummy that morning! We have never stayed for breakfast since we've always had relatively early flights out of Orlando.
We didn't stay for breakfast last time either. But because there was no way for us to catch a flight that day, I figured we might as well get one more Disney meal! :laughing:

The Hyatt is so nice & convenient. I am really glad we stayed there for the 2 nights before our cruise this year. It was perfect!
The convenience is just insane! I love it!!!!

I'm happy y'all had safe travels home after a great adventure! Thank you for sharing these beautiful memories with us! :hug:
Thanks for joining in, Amanda! :goodvibes

Ugh! I'm so sad that it's over! What a wonderful trip you two had!
It really was a good trip despite the heat and melt-downs. :laughing: It seems so long ago now!

I always read that the last DCL breakfast is incredibly hard. One day I may find out... :rotfl: I can sort of relate, Maddie always cries when we watch Wishes for the final time on a trip. Leaving any Disney bubble is hard.:sad1:
::yes:: The end of a Disney vacation is just sad - it just is. :confused3

You got off the ship WAY ahead of me! :lmao: I think I still have Castaway Cay to do ...... :scared1:
:laughing: This must be a sign that you are back to posting! I am so sorry if I have fallen way behind - I tend to forget to check the cruise board. :(

First off ...... thank you for sharing all of your adventures. I am so sad your trip has come to an end. It was so fun to read along and look out for ourselves in your pictures.
Thanks so much for sticking with me through the whole thing, Karin. I hope you will join me on our next DLR TR - coming up very soon! :woohoo:

Isn't the Hyatt just such a nice hotel to stay when you need to be at the airport early or arrive late. We stayed there too one of our trips, just at the beginning of the trip.
It was just so convenient! I was really happy with our stay, and I would definitely opt for that again if we had to spend a night before or after a cruise. ::yes::

Oh, and I hope this time I posted on the correct TR! :rotfl2:
:rotfl2: That was so funny!!!

That last breakfast is just so sad....as was walking off the ship down that hallway.
Ugh - I know. It's just PAINFUL!

Willow seems to be an awesome traveler!! :goodvibes
Thanks! She is a good traveler - she has had a LOT of experience. :laughing:

Thanks so much or such a fabulous TR!! I really enjoyed it! It was fun to read while planning our cruise, and even more fun to read after coming back and comparing experiences! :flower3:
Thank YOU so much for joining in and sticking with me. I really appreciate it.

Can't wait for your next TR! :wave2:
Coming soon! We leave a week from today!!!! :woohoo:

In all seriousness, Roni... it is sad that you're done:( We've been following each other's TRs for a long time now :goodvibes Maybe one day we'll actually get to meet! I feel like I know y'all so well. People not on the Dis would think that was the oddest thing ever.
Thanks Heather! I'm sad for this TR to finally end too. But I'm so glad you have one going now! Every time I write the first post of a TR, I think of you and how you encouraged me to do my first TR. I think yours was the first TR on which I ever commented!

Ok...enough sappy stuff :laughing: Yep! Love late dining for that very reason...last to get off the boat!!!! Funny that the dining room was empty. And poor Willow did look down, but I don't blame her.
We were HUGE fans of the late dining. I will definitely be doing that again. ::yes:: That last breakfast is just so depressing though! :laughing:

And :thumbsup2 to an MCO Hyatt stay! That kinda made me homesick. I was a flight attendant for Delta and that was my home base. (Remember Bill's from Orlando ;)) I've always thought MCO had a beautiful airport. Just for future info, the restaurant there is really good....great cobb salads and crawfish bisque (or at least it was 10 years ago :laughing:) Even though vacations come to an end, it is always really nice to get in your own bed!!
I didn't know that! How cool!!!

We did order room service, which I think comes from the restaurant there. Everything we had (although I can't remember what it was now) was very tasty. :thumbsup2

Now...let me just add that I'm very excited about your upcoming trip!!!!! Especially since you will be sharing it via the Dis :thumbsup2 With LOTS of pics for our viewing pleasure. Are you going to post pics of the entire trip???:hyper: Please!!! :teeth:
I am planning to post the whole trip - I would think there are probably other people out there who will want to do such a coastal highway trip and the info could be helpful. I hope people won't be too bored! :confused3

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful family with all of us! Always a pleasure to follow along, Roni :goodvibes
Thank you, Heather, for joining in and sticking it out through this whole TR. I'm so glad you have a TR going now too, and I can't wait to see you again when I start the new one. :thumbsup2

I sailed the Magic for 11 nights and I swear they needed a crowbar to pry me off the ship.
Ugh - it's HARD, isn't it????? :(

What a great wrap up. Can't wait to hear all about your epic road trip and DL stay!
Thanks Jill! And thanks for reading along over the last almost-year! :eek: I'm really excited (and a little nervous) about our rapidly approaching trip. I sure hope to see you on the next TR. :woohoo:

Looking forward to the road trip report!
Thanks Becky! Would love to have you along for the ride, so to speak. TR should be starting sometime middle of next month - we leave a week from today!!! :woohoo:

Aw man, it's over? That makes me sad too! I have loved reading your TR and getting so excited about our future sea adventure from it! You write a great report!
Oh, thanks so much! I really appreciate that you have followed along and commented for almost a year! I can't wait to hear about your cruise when you get back! :woohoo:

I can't wait for the next one and your road trippin' experiences! Have a great time and....we'll see ya real soon! :wave2:
Thanks! I sure hope you will join me in that TR as well - it wouldn't feel right without you! :laughing:

That muffin and donut look really good. I'm personally a big fan of all-carb breakfasts. No bacon for me!
:laughing: Everything was tasty, but the sadness was just too much! :laughing:

Your hotel at MCO looks really nice! I would definitely be spending all my time in the Disney stores.
It was incredibly convenient to stay there! And it worked out well that there was a Disney store, because I got a text from a friend back home that she had finally received a referral for her adoption, so we were able to get a souvenir for her soon-to-be son! :woohoo:

Yeah, I'm totally over visiting Disney in the summertime after this last trip. It's just so hot! With school, though, it's the only time we've ever been able to go, so we manage. I can't wait to hear about future cruises!
Right????? The heat and crowds are INSANE. But, like you, we are stuck with that stupid school schedule. So we will be back in August again next year. :scared1:

I'm SO glad I found this TR, Roni. Thank you so much for writing it! You and Willow are precious and it's clear from your pictures and stories what a great relationship you have. I loved seeing every character meet and delicious meal and I can't wait to hear about the Disneyland road trip, have an absolute blast! I know you will :)
Oh, thanks, Courtney! I have enjoyed following along with your TR too and am excited that you have started a new one! I look forward to "seeing" you on the DLR road trip TR as well! :woohoo:

Hi Roni,

Since it will be a while before I get to this point in my TR, I wanted to show you a picture of Kylie and I in our shirts :) (ignore her facial expression, the sun was right in her eyes and we were about to leave Disney so she looks a little grumpy...)

14500962570_4bc5a5bd9f_c.jpg

I really can't thank you enough. The shirts are so well-made and absolutely adorable!
Ugh - you two are just too cute!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing the pic!!! I am so very glad that you liked the shirts. :goodvibes

Whoa I am sliding in here right under the wire....so typical for me lately, sorry.
:wave2: My plan for a lazy Sunday tomorrow is to read and catch up with my favorite author YOU :goodvibes
Hi Ruthie! And thanks!!!!! I have done a lot of updating on the DLR TR lately in anticipation of leaving on our next trip next Saturday! :scared: :laughing:

Hi to Willow and thanks for always writing awesome reports and making us feel like we are right by your side with all the adventures.
Well, thank YOU for reading along and commenting over the last YEAR! :laughing: I sure hope that you will join in on the next one sometime next month. I always look forward to your posts. :thumbsup2

Those shirts ( courtneybelle and DD ) Roni terrific job!!!...hmmm we may have to talk about this :)
Oh, thanks, Ruthi! I was so excited to make the shirts for Courtney and her sis but nervous too - I always worry that people will be disappointed. Willow is excited to show her cupcake shirts to the characters soon. :laughing:

Hi Ruthie! And thanks!!!!! I have done a lot of updating on the DLR TR lately in anticipation of leaving on our next trip next Saturday! :scared: :laughing:

I must have had my Roni/Willow radar set just right to get over here when I did then :) My goodness 6 days :woohoo:

Well, thank YOU for reading along and commenting over the last YEAR! :laughing: I sure hope that you will join in on the next one sometime next month. I always look forward to your posts. :thumbsup2

You know I love your posts here (and on my ramblings over yonder) Still wish you would write a book I want a first edition copy, autographed of course....by Willow !

Oh thank God I have a few weeks to catch up before you start another report :lmao:

A year ? Seems longer in a great way of course, I feel like I have watched Willow growing up. I consider you a friend and look forward to that Dismeet eventually! True friends forgive and you have been very forgiving of me acting like one of the 99 ghosts popping in and out like I do
:blush:

Oh, thanks, Ruthi! I was so excited to make the shirts for Courtney and her sis but nervous too - I always worry that people will be disappointed. Willow is excited to show her cupcake shirts to the characters soon. :laughing:

Oh go on it's about time you realize you are extremely talented..embrace it..no fears ::yes:: OK 6 am in FL time to put on a pot of coffee and settle in for a wonderful reading day

Hello Roni!

I was home, sick in bed today and in need of a Disney 'fix'. Your TR did that! I sat and read every single trip post (and a few extra!) From your index, that's 141 amazing posts to brighten my day!

<3 <3 <3 thank you for sharing! I miss Disneyworld SO MUCH, we've gone once about 4 years ago. We live in Cali, but up above SF a bit. It's been over a year since I've managed to make it back there even. (The year before I managed just over 50 days however, so I really packed it in!!!)

~Zara

I so enjoyed this trip report! What an epic vacation! Loved the in-depth look into DCL.

Thank you for sharing with us!!!

What a wonderful fun TR! I have been steadily reading about your trip for the past 3 days only breaking to go to work :rotfl2: I haven't enjoyed a TR like this in a long time - probably since your last TR :)

So many great experiences you and your daughter had! Loved the character meet and greets - so much fun! You planned your trip perfectly with WDW first and then taking the cruise to relax :beach:

Thanks for sharing your trip to Portland and the beach. I grew up in Portland and took many trips to OMSI and Seaside. I moved to the Los Angeles area a couple of years ago and my So Cal Disney annual pass has expired but only got to visit Disneyland 5 times. Hope to renew it again this year.

Now off to start reading all about your DL trip - oh darn, it's bedtime. Thanks for sharing your family trips with us :goodvibes

Thanks for a lovely TR, you and Willow definitely had lots of fun and I hope you're having a great time on your current trip :)

I'm sad your TR is over, it was such a pleasure to read! I'll be looking forward to the next one!

Oh my, that's a crowded looking pool! That's why we pretty much never use the pool on cruises.

I'm glad Willow knew what to do when she couldn't find you. A scary situation for sure!

Sorry you had to reschedule your Remy dinner, but a relaxing dinner out on the verandah is kind of nice too!

I'm dying to do a Disney cruise just to visit Castaway Cay. We aren't big beach people but a Disney beach would definitely be different. It looks so beautiful there! And the stringray excursion seems neat too. I love snorkeling!

I think my mouth was watering looking at your Remy meal. It looks so tasty!

Thought of you today when I read on the Disney Parks Blog that they have gluten free beignets at POFQ!! Beignets are one of my favorite Disney snacks so I'd be interested to hear how the gluten free ones are.

Hello Roni!

I was home, sick in bed today and in need of a Disney 'fix'. Your TR did that! I sat and read every single trip post (and a few extra!) From your index, that's 141 amazing posts to brighten my day!
Hi Zara! Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to read and to post! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the report.

<3 <3 <3 thank you for sharing! I miss Disneyworld SO MUCH, we've gone once about 4 years ago. We live in Cali, but up above SF a bit. It's been over a year since I've managed to make it back there even. (The year before I managed just over 50 days however, so I really packed it in!!!)
Oh, you need to go back! (I actually moved here from the Bay Area - love it there!) If you are interested, please join in on my DLR TR that is ongoing now; and I will be starting another one soon to chronicle our recent road trip to Disneyland! I hope you get to return someday soon - it's hard to be away that long. :(

I so enjoyed this trip report! What an epic vacation! Loved the in-depth look into DCL.
Thanks so much! I have really appreciated you following along.

Thank you for sharing with us!!!
Thank you!!! :hug:

What a wonderful fun TR! I have been steadily reading about your trip for the past 3 days only breaking to go to work :rotfl2: I haven't enjoyed a TR like this in a long time - probably since your last TR :)
Oh, wow! Thank you so much - such very kind words! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the TR and took the time to comment. It means a lot to me. I hope you will join in on another one. :goodvibes

So many great experiences you and your daughter had! Loved the character meet and greets - so much fun! You planned your trip perfectly with WDW first and then taking the cruise to relax :beach:
::yes:: I was very happy with the way it went to do the cruise after WDW. So happy, in fact, that I think we'll be doing it again! :laughing:

Thanks for sharing your trip to Portland and the beach. I grew up in Portland and took many trips to OMSI and Seaside. I moved to the Los Angeles area a couple of years ago and my So Cal Disney annual pass has expired but only got to visit Disneyland 5 times. Hope to renew it again this year.
What a small world! :laughing: I'm glad you enjoyed the little mini Portland/Seaside report. I hope you get your pass renewed. We have had SO MUCH fun at Disneyland this year (just got back from our most recent trip last week).

Now off to start reading all about your DL trip - oh darn, it's bedtime. Thanks for sharing your family trips with us :goodvibes
:laughing: I hope you will join in on the DLR TR that is ongoing and the one that is soon to begin! :thumbsup2

Thanks for a lovely TR, you and Willow definitely had lots of fun and I hope you're having a great time on your current trip :)
Thank you! We had a great trip, and I have enjoyed sharing it with all of you on the DIS. And we had a great trip this summer too! :woohoo:

I'm sad your TR is over, it was such a pleasure to read! I'll be looking forward to the next one!
Thanks! I have appreciated you following along throughout. I hope you will continue to join in on the current DLR one and the one that will be starting soon!

Oh my, that's a crowded looking pool! That's why we pretty much never use the pool on cruises.
Right? :rotfl2: It is definitely better to use the pool when in port - quite empty then. ::yes::

I'm glad Willow knew what to do when she couldn't find you. A scary situation for sure!
I was very proud of how well she handled it. I was panicking, but she was just fine. :laughing:

Sorry you had to reschedule your Remy dinner, but a relaxing dinner out on the verandah is kind of nice too!
It turned out to be a very nice evening, and we both needed the rest, I think.

I'm dying to do a Disney cruise just to visit Castaway Cay. We aren't big beach people but a Disney beach would definitely be different. It looks so beautiful there! And the stringray excursion seems neat too. I love snorkeling!
I'm not a beach person either, but I enjoyed our day at CC, and Willow positively loved it. The stingray thing was VERY cool.

I think my mouth was watering looking at your Remy meal. It looks so tasty!
Hands down, the best meal I have ever had. ::yes::

Thought of you today when I read on the Disney Parks Blog that they have gluten free beignets at POFQ!! Beignets are one of my favorite Disney snacks so I'd be interested to hear how the gluten free ones are.
Hi Courtney! I had read about those somewhere a little while ago. I totally intend to try them! :goodvibes

For all of you who followed this TR, thank you so much! I enjoyed sharing our fabulous Disney vacation with you!

I wanted to let you know that, very soon, you can expect a brand new TR link here for our just-completed two-week road trip to Disneyland. I am SO EXCITED to tell you all about this trip - we had an amazing time!

And, of course, the TR for our January birthday trip to Disneyland is still ongoing (link in my signature).

Finally, I am hopeful that, by sometime next week, I will be able to post a link to an actual Pre-Trip Report! :scared1: We are headed back to WDW and hopefully another DCL cruise next summer. But this trip will be a little different. You see, for the WDW portion of the trip, we will not be exploring WDW just the two of us; in fact, we will be having a blast with two people you may know! :rolleyes1

It's funny, I was reading another TR that suggested a trip with two people I might know, and I thought, "Hmm, could it be Roni and Willow?" I believe my suspicions are confirmed...

Can't wait to hear about the Disneyland road trip and the upcoming WDW trip! Especially since I will hopefully be spending a lot of time at WDW next summer (there's my tease hehehehe)

I'm soooo excited for the new TR! You know I'm ready to devour all info about DLR in summertime.

And you're killing me with the teaser about your trip next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter