• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hearst Castle

Quest4Kingdom

Mouseketeer
Has anyone thats been to Hearst Castle had a great trip experience to share? or any feedback would be greatly appreciated, even if it was not so great of an experience. Thanks!

The coast is amazing, you will see sea lions from shore.
The weather is great, cool and the ocean is beautiful.
Hearst castle is really cool, definitely worth the trip.... if you have small kids prob better to take them to the beach.
Anything you do on the CA coast is amazing. Bring a sweater, can get cold.

The coast is amazing, you will see sea lions from shore.
The weather is great, cool and the ocean is beautiful.
Hearst castle is really cool, definitely worth the trip.... if you have small kids prob better to take them to the beach.
Anything you do on the CA coast is amazing. Bring a sweater, can get cold.

thanks! does this sound like a good stop-over along the way to DL Anaheim coming from Northern Cali?

def. make reservations for the tours at hearst castle-they can book up during the summer months. also-research what the individual tours cover (there are different ones), some areas are covered on multiple tours but other areas are only featured on one. wear comfortable shoes cuz you will do allot of walking:rotfl:

where in northern california would you be traveling from? depending on where you start it could be a good stop or be long after you feel the need.

def. make reservations for the tours at hearst castle-they can book up during the summer months. also-research what the individual tours cover (there are different ones), some areas are covered on multiple tours but other areas are only featured on one. wear comfortable shoes cuz you will do allot of walking:rotfl:

where in northern california would you be traveling from? depending on where you start it could be a good stop or be long after you feel the need.

we are coming from the San Francisco Bay Area and I think we would take the "scenic" route along the coast. To anaheim it would take a total of about 7 hours, including our usual stops (with 3 kids). THis is still not accounting for Hearst Castle though... Normally when we travel during their bedtimes late at night, we cruise right through skipping the scenic route and it takes us 6 hours total...

I did this route last year, it will take longer than 7 hours. I would spend the night near Hearst Castle cause the trip to LA is long from there unless you cut over to the 5 freeway.
YOu probably already know this cause you are from the Bay area.
Have fun no matter what you do!

thanks! though i love it, actually not from Bay Area, just visitng family so we would road trip from there! looking forward to the drive along the coast!

Hi...Do you all think the Castle would be appropriate/interesting for my two DD's (8 and 10 yrs old)?

My wife and I would love it, but we're worried that they'd be bored!!

Thanks!

I've never actually done Hearst Castle (driven by it thousands of times). But, just up the road from the castle is a town called Cambria. We love to overnight there in the Moonstone Beach section. I think it is a little nicer than the motels right by the castle. The town part of Cambria is also nice to explore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter