Hearing Impaired Info for US/IOA

Mazzy

Planning for 2019
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or on the Disabilities Board, but thought maybe this board could help me out?

I am partially deaf, don't sign and have used the captions at WDW, which are great. Does anyone know how I can find out about captions in US/IOA? Do they have a guidebook for the disabled like WDW? It would help a lot if I could find out which attractions have the captions before we visit, so I can sort out my plans.

Hi Mazzy! :)

Here is some info that may help you.

By contacting The Sign Language Services Department at 407-224-4414 (TTY) or 407-224-5929 (Voice), an appointment with a screened/certified staff interpreter can be made for interpreting services in either Universal Studios Florida or Universal's Islands of Adventure. Arrangements for an appointment with an interpreter should be made a minimum of two weeks in advance.

In addition to Interpreting Services, closed captioning, assistive listening devices, guidebooks for guests with disabilities, and attraction scripts are available. TTY telephones are available throughout the parks, and are indicated on our Guides for Guests with Disabilities. For guests with hearing impairments, Telecommunication Devices for the Deaf (TDDs) are located at the Guest Services Office and Health Services. Pay telephones with amplification devices are located throughout both parks and CityWalk.

Universal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter