Heard some FP kiosks were uncovered in MK today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember in the past that there were only 2-3 kiosk spots in each park with multiple kiosks there. I'm assuming that's where these are now popping up.

As far as why they're uncovering and turning them on, they have to be tested. Make sure they connect to the park network, that they're running the latest software, probably having the CMs who are testing using them to book their test FP's, etc. As others have said, there are those still without smartphones these days or who refuse to do that kind of stuff on their phone, so these kiosks allow you to come up, touch your magic band to it and then pick a FP. I remember using them several years ago for some reason or another, seems like the app wasn't working or something. I'm really surprised one of the vloggers (especially someone like Braden who focuses on news) hasn't staked out one of these spots and kept an eye on the comings and goings and ask questions. Maybe one of them is and just hasn't posted their vlog yet.

With the time FP+ saved, there was time to keep refreshing to find good FP return times while relaxing at the pool, waiting for our meal to arrive, or sitting and enjoying a nice cold adult beverage.

Yeah I don't get the complaint that it takes too long. How many of us are already on our phones -- reading FB, texting, instagram, tiktok, etc etc. (hint...almost all of us) all of the time anyways, especially times like you mentioned. What's a couple of minutes pulling up the MDE and looking for available FP+ in your current park. It's pretty easy. Especially when waiting in line for the FP+ you just redeemed.

No flame from me GatorChris, I pretty much feel the same way :wizard: If we still need the 2 months, how the heck do people going right after they bring it back, get one :badpc:

You don't need 2 months. That was a perk for on site guests. You don't even need 30 days. Outside of 4-5 rides, it's easy to get a FP within days of your trip and a ton of them same day. I have 30 days before our trip, I'll happily suffer with whatever lead time they give me or with no lead time at all. And if someone does need 2 months to think of what they want to ride, then they can just skip getting a FP.

You don't need 2 months. That was a perk for on site guests. You don't even need 30 days. Outside of 4-5 rides, it's easy to get a FP within days of your trip and a ton of them same day. I have 30 days before our trip, I'll happily suffer with whatever lead time they give me or with no lead time at all. And if someone does need 2 months to think of what they want to ride, then they can just skip getting a FP.

I’m used to booking 60 days in advance. With everyone booking at once I’m worried the site will crash or there will be too much competition and I’ll miss getting what I want.

I’m used to booking 60 days in advance. With everyone booking at once I’m worried the site will crash or there will be too much competition and I’ll miss getting what I want.
If they are bringing the 60/30 day reservations back, I would think there would be a contingency plan for those who are going within the next month to six weeks, since we don't have two months. I'm also thinking that after all this speculation, Disney will come up with something completely different. Either way, it is what it is :scratchin

I’m used to booking 60 days in advance. With everyone booking at once I’m worried the site will crash or there will be too much competition and I’ll miss getting what I want. [/QUOTE said:
If they are bringing the 60/30 day reservations back, I would think there would be a contingency plan for those who are going within the next month to six weeks, since we don't have two months. I'm also thinking that after all this speculation, Disney will come up with something completely different.

See, I don't get this thought. Regardless, there will still be the same amount of ticketed people in the park. You are still competing with the same pool of people, regardless of how much "lead time" there is. What's more, is that it will likely be tied to parkpass, so you will need a reservation for initial booking. The lead time argument seems sort of irrelevant to me.

Last edited:

See, I don't get this thought. Regardless, there will still be the same amount of ticketed people in the park. You are still competing with the same pool of people, regardless of how much "lead time" there is. What's more, is that it will likely be tied to parkpass, so you will need a reservation for initial booking. The lead time argument seems sort of irrelevant to me.

This is an excellent point that I did not consider myself. Agreed.

All it does, if they start it up immediately, is mean that those with under 60 days will be making their fp's with less time than normal. There's no way to fix that. Surely you aren't suggesting that you should be allowed access to making your FP's without having to deal with anyone who has less than 60 days competing with you? You realize that never happened at any point before? We were always in competition with anyone in the parks or anyone who was eligible to book.

The only ones shorted in this situation are the guests who no longer get that 60 day or 30 day window and have to compete with those who still have 60 days to book. Maybe they should let us book first without competition from those who aren't within the 30/60 day window. Sounds awful, doesn't it?

Lead time makes no sense whatsoever.

It's just making my head hurt to think that people think they shouldn't have to compete with other guests to get their FP's. I can't understand how that is in any way fair or logical. lol

Seems very likely they are testing with CMs to preserve confidentiality. I doubt very much we will get any more info until they are ready to make an announcement.

We just got back to our room for the night, but I wanted to post that our guess on the "select group" was also off-duty CMs. The CM we were talking too when the group came up seemed visibly annoyed that it was mentioned in front of us, which I don't think it would be the case if were supposed to be publicly available information. I also feel like if it were club level guests or something similar, it would have leaked already. Either way, we didn't see or hear anything else outside of that while we were at AK today, but we didn't really have a reason to be near the FP line so I'm not sure we would have.

It's just making my head hurt to think that people think they shouldn't have to compete with other guests to get their FP's. I can't understand how that is in any way fair or logical. lol
Not how I think. I know we have to compete with other guests. I loathe unfairness in any form whether over FP or anything else in life >:( Maybe I'm not clear here--It's different for those going in the next month or so than it is for someone going in October or later. Those of us who our going in the next couple months just don't want to fall through the cracks. You made a point about FP's are easy to get same day and that's great. Your post was reassuring to me. I'm sure Disney won't let anyone miss out and if we have to do stand by so be it. I don't know why you thought that some of us didn't think we should have to compete with others. If my message came across that way, I'm sorry. That wasn't the intended message :sad2:

Last edited:
We just got back to our room for the night, but I wanted to post that our guess on the "select group" was also off-duty CMs. The CM we were talking too when the group came up seemed visibly annoyed that it was mentioned in front of us, which I don't think it would be the case if were supposed to be publicly available information. I also feel like if it were club level guests or something similar, it would have leaked already. Either way, we didn't see or hear anything else outside of that while we were at AK today, but we didn't really have a reason to be near the FP line so I'm not sure we would have.
You should know you have given hope to a lot of us today! Your report is the first really hard evidence that they are actually going to bring FP back any time soon. Thank you! Oh.....and keep watching those FP lines! :)

I don’t think people mean they don’t want to compete with others or that they think they can avoid it somehow. I don’t think anyone that’s made it to the Disboards for Disney research thinks you can avoid competition for booking things at Disney. At least I hope not lol otherwise they are probably going to Universal 😝

But for some psychological reason it *appears* that if you don’t implement the 60 day buffer when/if FP+ returns, that it opens a larger floodgate than would be usual when booking fastpasses. I’m partly guilty of thinking along those lines as well, but as the other commentor eloquently stated that actually isn’t true. Which was def refreshing logic to read.

Not how I think. I know we have to compete with other guests. I loathe unfairness in any form whether over FP or anything else in life >:(

Your comments in no way led me to believe that. I was not referring to you which is why I just selected the quote, rather than include the entire post. But here's how I look at it: When Disney has a new ride that they're issuing FP's for, they don't do anything to take into consideration who is within their windows to book it- they just put it up as available and anyone who is under 30 days has the same shot as anyone who is eligible at 60 days. I see no reason why the same wouldn't apply here- open it up and go for it.

I would expect we'll see Stitch a lot but that's Disney's IT and it's something that happens all the time. The dust will settle. People will scream it was unfair and life will go on. I just think it's more than a little unfair to open up the system but deny those who are eligible for a FP the opportunity to get them. Of course, I'll allow that I'm biased. I'm sitting at 30 days.

What stresses me out about the possible return of FP, is that I don't know when it will happen. (I know it's the same for everyone) Pre-Covid, I knew what day to book my FP and if I didn't wake up on time, that was my fault. If I didn't get what I wanted...well, I tried and it was booked. This situation...the idea that FP could become bookable when I am not paying attention, or when I can't re-arrange my schedule because I didn't have enough notice, that is what worries me. This is the "lead time" I would like. Just a few days notice that it is coming, so I can be ready to try to get the FP we want along with everyone else.

What stresses me out about the possible return of FP, is that I don't know when it will happen. (I know it's the same for everyone) Pre-Covid, I knew what day to book my FP and if I didn't wake up on time, that was my fault. If I didn't get what I wanted...well, I tried and it was booked. This situation...the idea that FP could become bookable when I am not paying attention, or when I can't re-arrange my schedule because I didn't have enough notice, that is what worries me. This is the "lead time" I would like. Just a few days notice that it is coming, so I can be ready to try to get the FP we want along with everyone else.

Same here. I've been stalking, but I can't be on the computer 24/7. Just announce it 24hrs in advance, that's all I'm asking. Then again, not announcing it would slow down the crush of people getting them and that may be just what they want.

I remember for our ill fated March trip, I just happened to be in the system fine tuning my FP's for a trip just a couple of weeks away when they put in FP for MMRR. They were gone in minutes and I lucked out. Sadly, never got to use them. What I wouldn't give to have the FP lineup I had set up for that trip. It was perfect. Sniff...Sniff...

Your comments in no way led me to believe that, I was not referring to you at all. I was not referring to you which is why I just selected the quote, rather than include the entire post. But here's how I look at it: When Disney has a new ride that they're issuing FP's for, they don't do anything to take into consideration who is within their windows to book it- they just put it up as available and anyone who is under 30 days has the same shot as anyone who is eligible at 60 days. I see no reason why the same wouldn't apply here- open it up and go for it.

I would expect we'll see Stitch a lot but that's Disney's IT and it's something that happens all the time. The dust will settle.
Understand. I guess the quote made me think I said something I hadn't intended. The problem with the internet and forums is that it's sometimes difficult to gauge intent. That's why I thought I must've come off sounding entitled, something I loathe. Cakebaker, you do make good points and they are reassuring. I read all this stuff and remember the days when you just got on the ride and things were simpler. I know those days are gone for good and we do the best we can. Sorry for my defensiveness, my Dsis won't come on this thread at all as it might get contentious :joker: Actually, it's an interesting discussion and I'm learning stuff :rainbow:

What if advance booking doesn't come back and it becomes only available in the parks. Considering there is a lot more kiosks it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter