Healthy quick service options?

It's probably too late for this trip - but if you want to hide the cost from them - consider renting a 2 bedroom at a DVC resort next time. You'll get the full kitchen and they will not know the price!

Pizzafari at DAK has a salad: Greens and Grains. You can order right off the mobile order menu, too. It's vegan (that's how I know about it) and it's quite tasty.

Also, Yak & Yeti at DAK has several off-menu items. Just talk to the server and they can have the chef come and talk to you. They've made me steamed veggies and rice in the past--delish--although lately I get the sweet and sour with tofu instead of chicken.

It's probably too late for this trip - but if you want to hide the cost from them - consider renting a 2 bedroom at a DVC resort next time. You'll get the full kitchen and they will not know the price!
Thanks! The trip is for February so really unlikely to find anything this close to

You may have found the Festival of the Arts menus already - my mom has very healthy taste in food, as well, and she and I really enjoyed the mussels from the Craftsman’s Courtyard booth. Tangierine Cafe also has some yummy-looking chicken kebabs with carrot-chickpea salad. Another tip is you can ask them to “hold” aspects of the dish - like no creme fraiche on the soup from the Encanto booth.

There’s a Food and Wine app that is great for navigating Epcot festivals - you can highlight items that look like they might work (for them OR you!! ;) )and locate them on a map.

Good luck. I know it can be tough trying to satisfy “food police” at Disney! Been there! But I do second the opinion that you and your daughter should enjoy a character meal guilt-free. You both deserve to build those memories.

You may have found the Festival of the Arts menus already - my mom has very healthy taste in food, as well, and she and I really enjoyed the mussels from the Craftsman’s Courtyard booth. Tangierine Cafe also has some yummy-looking chicken kebabs with carrot-chickpea salad. Another tip is you can ask them to “hold” aspects of the dish - like no creme fraiche on the soup from the Encanto booth.

There’s a Food and Wine app that is great for navigating Epcot festivals - you can highlight items that look like they might work (for them OR you!! ;) )and locate them on a map.

Good luck. I know it can be tough trying to satisfy “food police” at Disney! Been there! But I do second the opinion that you and your daughter should enjoy a character meal guilt-free. You both deserve to build those memories.
Thank you! I think my mom would like those options too.

I think I’ve talked them into going to the character meal and it’ll just be really expensive eggs lol. I’m trying to get Topolinos, there’s so much on the menu they’d love but of course that’ll be next to impossible to get.

Thank you! I think my mom would like those options too.

I think I’ve talked them into going to the character meal and it’ll just be really expensive eggs lol. I’m trying to get Topolinos, there’s so much on the menu they’d love but of course that’ll be next to impossible to get.
Maybe you can even get egg whites 🤣??

Most menus if not all have a salad which is leafy greens including the kids salads something grilled chicken or fish etc. It really is not hard to eat healthy at Disney however like everything else choices are limited at every restaurant. Gone are the days of salad, fish, grilled… 4 different burgers, 6 different flat breads and any number of sandwich’s 2 differently types of steak pastas and more at one place… Those that are more open can always find something or simply part ways for a few hours some or most 😂 days…. We own DVC for 20+ years and had taken parents and other family many times… eating every meal together can be a disaster.

Most menus if not all have a salad which is leafy greens including the kids salads something grilled chicken or fish etc. It really is not hard to eat healthy at Disney however like everything else choices are limited at every restaurant. Gone are the days of salad, fish, grilled… 4 different burgers, 6 different flat breads and any number of sandwich’s 2 differently types of steak pastas and more at one place… Those that are more open can always find something or simply part ways for a few hours some or most 😂 days…. We own DVC for 20+ years and had taken parents and other family many times… eating every meal together can be a disaster.
Ya I think I was overly ambitious before planning this trip and forgot how difficult my parents can be lol. At the moment we have one meal we won’t be eating together. Me and DH are going to Victoria and Alberts and my parents will be babysitting and doing dinner with my daughter. I’m thinking lunch would be easiest to do our own thing since I don’t have anything booked. I think just going with the flow will be best for this trip and I’m trying really hard to not over plan. Which is hard as a planner and Disney making so much scheduled in a advance lol

I have written up a word doc I emailed myself with all the healthy options at quick service so I can pull it up when in the park and make suggestions depending where we are.

My DH has been on a healthy diet for a long time although no longer strict and we manage pretty well at Disney. We used to go to Yesake Sushi in Disney Springs a LOT! Nowadays especially there are so many plant based options.

I’m trying to think QS (DH prefers TS by far so we rarely do QS). MK is Columbia Harbor House with the grilled seafood. Although last time DH’s salmon was pretty dry. What about fajitas at Pecos Bills? DH used to get those and add tons of fixings from the toppings bar. They also have chicken and pork rice bowls and a salad that looks decent.

AK is easier with bowls at Satuli Canteen. I got their special Avatar 2 bowl last time - a cold blue noodle salad filled with greens that was pretty good.

DHS is a bit harder. ABC Commissary has shrimp tacos and a Mediterranean salad. DH usually gets the teriyaki tofu bowl at Backlot Express (I run over to the nearby ABC Commissary to bring back their delish buffalo chicken grilled cheese lol).

A less expensive TS at Epcot is the new crepes place ($17.50/crepe). DH went with the ratatouille crepe as it sounded healthier. I split a prix fixe with him and got the dessert crepe lol!

There’s lots of ways to still have loads of fun while accommodating diet preferences although it can be a bit of a nuisance sometimes.

Google wdw vegan. There are a few great blogs and vloggers. That will guide you toward some yummy meat free options.

I’d second captain cooks at poly, roaring fork at wilderness lodge also has a good QS salad, and Columbia Harbour House. A break from parks to one of these nearby resorts can be a nice breather.

Satuli at DAK, and Harambe market has some fruit options, also.
Docking bay at DHS
Sunshine seasons at Epcot and the booths

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter