Healthy Living around the World Showcase ~ June 2016 WISH Challenge!

I
A bit of WOOHOO Wednesday is I had an interview Monday and was invited to do a working interview today for a couple hours. She called me about an hour after I left and said she was offering me a position. :) So finally I'm full time employed. .

Fantastic - well done!

:banana::banana: @Lady Marie @courtneybeth @4Mickeys @HappyGrape @pjlla :banana::banana: Thank you so much.. it's so nice to think it's finally over and now we can live up to our dreams and make new memories..

@Zoesmama03 :dancer::dancer: Yes you did it.. It's so awesome that they called you right back and said WE WANT YOU! Congrats..

We have our summing outing today at work and chose to stay behind mostly cause my co-worker has been making me crazy since I came back and I didn't feel like playing nice outside of work.. It's nice and quiet here so I am off to put my nose to the grindstone so my Friday will be easy peasy..

Take care and hugs and smiles to all. Michelle

What is your relationship with perfect? Are you are perfectionist or do you not care about it? Does this have any effect on your goal of a healthy lifestyle?

Side note - I had a teacher once who refused to ever give 100% on a test because only G-d is perfect. He did give a lot of 99 & 3/4ths, though.

Anyway ... I'm a perfectionist, and I don't think that's a problem, mostly because I consider myself a "practical perfectionist." I want everything to be perfect, and while it upsets me when things are not perfect, I try to just take that as a lesson to fix my mistakes and do better next time. If I'm aiming for perfect, I have a better shot at getting there than if I'm just aiming for "okay." And even if I never make it to perfect, the harder I try, the more likely I am to achieve great things because I'm not satisfied with just okay.

Here's a quote I really love that kinda covers it:
large.jpg

However ... the problem I'm having these days is that I'm not being as much of a perfectionist about my eating as I should be. It bothers me, but not as much as it should. So I need to work on that.

A bit of WOOHOO Wednesday is I had an interview Monday and was invited to do a working interview today for a couple hours. She called me about an hour after I left and said she was offering me a position. :) So finally I'm full time employed. In my certificate degree field of medical assisting. It's with a foot and ankle office and super exciting. I'll be learning to do certain nerve testing and others PLUS learning x-ray which I will be studying for a test and then boards test for that. Sounds like fun to me and I get more skills to add and they pay for the course and testings. :)

YEAH! THAT IS AWESOME - CONGRATULATIONS. Imagine the difference you will feel now that you have one more thing off your plate :D

Enjoy your dancing celebratory bananas. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

d I finally figured out what to do for centerpieces for the party! I used a large old-fashioned mason jar (the kind with the glass lid and wire bail) and put a white candle inside and surrounded the candle with Lego bricks! I am delighted with how they came out! We had the candle idea, but had NO idea what to use as a filler.... we talked about using computer keyboard keys (but I couldn't get enough that quickly) or nuts and bolts (too expensive!!), but I just couldn't come up with anything that related to DS and his future as a robotics engineer or related to the party theme (pizza). Somehow using Lego bricks popped into my head last night! Since he got his start in robotics with the FIRST Lego League, it seemed appropriate. Plus the party theme is red and blue (high school colors), so the Lego colors are perfect! And believe me, we have NO shortage of Lego bricks here!

This sounds so cute. Please share a picture of how they turned out. The lego bricks are brilliant.

I saw this sign at a costume shop several years ago and I have tried to live it especially when I am costuming and quilting. I have also been using it for dieting. I try to eat as healthy as I can and not get upset when I blow it.
I'm going to follow this advice -- this will definitely help me keep things in perspective now that things are getting a little complicated in my life.

Question of the Day for June 23:

Today we are moving to Morocco! The pavilion was constructed with the help of Moroccan craftsmen in the traditional style. And one tradition they upheld there was to add minor mistakes in order to ensure that it is not perfect - as any human work may not be perfect, only god's work can be perfect.

DSC08564.JPG

What is your relationship with perfect? Are you are perfectionist or do you not care about it? Does this have any effect on your goal of a healthy lifestyle?

Whenever I walk through the Morocco area, I always imagine myself in a James Bond movie :)

Oh perfection... I strive for it. I am my harshest critic and I get lost in my head. This is where I get the feelings that I will "never be good enough". I still have a quote from 2-3 months ago on here printed out on my wall that I read daily at work as my mantra.
IMG_7369.JPG

Today we are moving to Morocco! The pavilion was constructed with the help of Moroccan craftsmen in the traditional style. And one tradition they upheld there was to add minor mistakes in order to ensure that it is not perfect - as any human work may not be perfect, only god's work can be perfect.

DSC08564.JPG

I'm all about forward movement and the quest for perfection can be a slow down so I rarely pursue it, good enough is good enough... Done is a miracle. I love walking back thru the Morrocco pavillian and soaking in the other worldliness of it.

I read up on iron deficiency and on a list of 10 symptoms 7 applied to me, including the hair loss and being so sleepy and lethargic all the time. I started taking an iron supplement yesterday in addition to making sure I'm getting my Protien. I was going to grow my hair out but have now decided to keep it short for a while, till it starts to fill back in... It gets cut tonight. Really looking forward to it, and to getting my energy level back up.

Last edited:
Has anyone read The Gifts of Imperfection? Great read

I am happy with imperfections, I don't consider myself perfectionist.

Sorry.... I don't follow sports at all and it took me a minute to even realize you meant basketball when you said NBA.... I was thinking of baseball.

HUGE congratulations!!!! I know that under-employment has been a struggle for you.... I cannot imagine how excited you must be! In your desired field, full time, and a full benefits package.... I'm so happy for you!! And congrats on the scrubs still fitting comfortably!

Morning all! I've got another hour of chat left to do here and then I can start the "real" work.... house work! The three BIGGEST things I have to do today are cleaning the garage (nothing crazy thorough, just putting away tools and junk and sweeping), cleaning the home office (mostly DH's junk that will go into boxes for him to sort later) and grocery shopping for the party (I will drag DS along to help). Other than that it is a lot of smaller tasks (washing windows, dusting, vacuuming, food prep).

Fitbit is charged, so hopefully today I will see an accurate (and satisfying) step count. I will confess right here that the daily goal of 10 squats and plank haven't been happening the last few days.... I've been so crazy busy I completely forgot. And I am foregoing my "intentional" walking/steps for cleaning.

And I finally figured out what to do for centerpieces for the party! I used a large old-fashioned mason jar (the kind with the glass lid and wire bail) and put a white candle inside and surrounded the candle with Lego bricks! I am delighted with how they came out! We had the candle idea, but had NO idea what to use as a filler.... we talked about using computer keyboard keys (but I couldn't get enough that quickly) or nuts and bolts (too expensive!!), but I just couldn't come up with anything that related to DS and his future as a robotics engineer or related to the party theme (pizza). Somehow using Lego bricks popped into my head last night! Since he got his start in robotics with the FIRST Lego League, it seemed appropriate. Plus the party theme is red and blue (high school colors), so the Lego colors are perfect! And believe me, we have NO shortage of Lego bricks here!

I am just about 75 days away from my California trip and the scale has FINALLY been going down again ...........I'm counting on those two facts to help keep me on track when surrounded by hot pizza dip, pizza, and dessert pizzas this weekend! I'm trying to figure out how to make a few smaller light WW pizza for myself, DD, and a few other WW members in the family but keep it fairly discrete.

I'm going to dash to get a cup of coffee between calls.... can't wait for that first cup of the day!................P

No problem. Sports are huge in Cleveland. I really only watch football though but will follow along with the others. Just know where they are and if they won or lost. It is too boring to watch.

I don't think I am overly perfectionistic - although I do like things done right! But looking around my house right now it is far from perfect. My eating is far from perfect but I am getting better now that I am being more thoughtful about it.

We have our summing outing today at work and chose to stay behind mostly cause my co-worker has been making me crazy since I came back and I didn't feel like playing nice outside of work.. It's nice and quiet here so I am off to put my nose to the grindstone so my Friday will be easy peasy..

I hear you on the co-worker thing - the woman I share an office with has been on leave for the last 2 weeks and I have had our little office to myself - let me tell you it has been heavenly! Now it is school break for the next 2 weeks and I only have to see her at a conference for 2 days during that time - so almost a months break.

I read up on iron deficiency and on a list of 10 symptoms 7 applied to me, including the hair loss and being so sleepy and lethargic all the time. I started taking an iron supplement yesterday in addition to making sure I'm getting my Protien. I was going to grow my hair out but have now decided to keep it short for a while, till it starts to fill back in... It gets cut tonight. Really looking forward to it, and to getting my energy level back up.

Hope it helps - I am trying to be more consistent at taking it again myself as iron deficiency is one of my issues - when I took it a couple of years ago I remember it takes a couple of weeks to kick-in and wasn't that I initially noticed hey I've got energy - it was more that half way through the week I realised I had made it through a weekend without falling asleep on the couch for 3 hours!

DSC08564.JPG

Yes perfectionist for sure here. Although I also seemed to have inherited my dad's procrastination habits as well. LOL Part of me will put stuff off if I can't do it perfectly. It is my fault too because I often am too self critical and am definitely always my worst critic. It is why I never really thought I'd go into photography business. I just do it for fun.

My first day is done. Oh are my feet feeling it and I'm kinda glad this will be a short 2 days before the full week. I will probably be going on Saturday for a few hours too for more training of sorts. I learned a lot and its somewhat overwhelming but I know it will all sink in after time. I watched several casts get done. Practiced the padding for it and scariest part removing one of the two our trainer had another MA put on each of her legs for the practice. AHH Pure torture but will get less scary.

Good morning and a VERY happy Friday to all!! Up early today to get going on the "Friday list"..... and of course, to finish up the "Wednesday/Thursday list" as well...:rolleyes:

But good news to report in TWO parts of life.....(I really wish today were a "woohoo Wednesday")

first of all.... DS got an email yesterday that he has received a $4,000 scholarship!!!!!!! We are BEYOND delighted! This was the scholarship I thought he was going to get a few weeks ago on Scholarship Awards night at school.... plus it is DOUBLE the amount we thought it might be!

second of all.... the scale went down for the THIRD week in a row and for the first time in many, many months I have HIT my monthly goal!! As of this morning's weigh-in I have lost 3 pounds this month. Small potatoes you say??? Well this is big for me..... I am DELIGHTED and I am FINALLY firmly BELOW my maintenance number! I would need to check my records, but I think this is my lowest weight of 2016 so far!! That should give me some BIG motivation to avoid too much junk this weekend!

Well.... the biggest job from yesterday's list that isn't done yet is clean this office, so I must dash. I've been up since 4:30 puttering around washing windows and baseboards and cleaning up mail piles, etc, but now it is time to get onto the BIG jobs!............P

we woke up living in different world in Europe today. Interesting and scary times. We were in shock to be honest glued to the news

Well done pjlla to you for 3 weeks loss and your son for his scholarship.

DSC08564.JPG

I really only try to be the perfect mom. Always trying to do the best for them. I think I have a good job so far. They are very well behaved kids. We stood around on Wednesday waiting for the parade to start for 4 hours and I didn't even get a complaint from them until the parade started and we started to get trampled. They just said they were done and I know they were scared. I agreed with them.

Right now I do not feel like a perfect mom though. I have been blowing some symptoms that my daughter has had as her just being dramatic. She once fooled her teacher, nurse at school, me and the nurse at the doctors office that she had a broken arm. Doctor came in and she was suddenly fine. Because of not listening to her we are now having to physical therapy on her foot and therapy on her eyes. This has been hard on me this week. I have been giving her some extra attention because of it this week. I know I can't be perfect but I try to anyways.

With this journey I don't even pretend to be perfect. I have no clue what I am doing half the time. But I am moving more and the weight is slowly coming off.

we woke up living in different world in Europe today. Interesting and scary times. We were in shock to be honest glued to the news

I heard about it this morning but I haven't followed it and didn't hear everything on the news because I was getting ready. What does this mean for Europe?

This weekend is going to be very busy so I may not get back on until Monday or Tuesday. I have to work Saturday. Thankfully it is the last Saturday I have to work until next summer. Saturday is also my daughters first appointment for her eye therapy, hopefully. She got a fever last night so I am not sure she will be going. I am nervous about the therapy. I know she needs it and it will really help her, but I don'y know what to expect. I have heard that she will most likely get headaches and be tired from it. We also have a grad party for my husbands cousin Saturday. Since house work will not get done on Saturday we will have to do it on Sunday.

On Monday my daughter starts her physical therapy on her foot. Back in December she stepped in a trampoline at gymnastics wrong. We had 3 sets of x-rays in a span of a month, an air cast for a week, hard cast for 2 weeks and a boot for 1 week. The x-ray never showed a break. The doctor did say that there is a very small chance of it being a bone to bone hit and they break may never show up. She has complained about her ankle hurting ever since. I told her she just needed to build up her strength in her ankle. We had a follow up at the orthopedic on Monday and indeed she broke it. It was a bone to bone it. It is healing right which is good. We will do physical therapy on it for I think about 6 weeks. I will get more details on Monday. If her ankle still hurts after PT then we have to do an MRI to make sure there was not more damage.

The doctor did say no gymnastics until PT is at least almost over. We talked to her about being on team and missing so much while out. We have all decided it is best if we hold off on team until next year. We are taking the summer off and will go back in the fall. We would rather start back slow then to jump back into 6 hours of practice a week. We will start back at 1-2 hours instead. All of that stress and fighting my husband and I had over letting her be on team and now she can't. I feel horrible for her. This is what she really wanted to do. Had I listened to her about it hurting and taken her back to the ortho sooner we may be in a different spot.

I have to ran. I need to start working. Have a good weekend everyone. I will try to stop in as I can this weekend.

I agree. I am sad and scared and worried as to where this will lead us. I know that for you in Ireland this has even more of a relevance.

I don't think I am overly perfectionistic - although I do like things done right! But looking around my house right now it is far from perfect. My eating is far from perfect but I am getting better now that I am being more thoughtful about it.

I hear you on the co-worker thing - the woman I share an office with has been on leave for the last 2 weeks and I have had our little office to myself - let me tell you it has been heavenly! Now it is school break for the next 2 weeks and I only have to see her at a conference for 2 days during that time - so almost a months break.

Hope it helps - I am trying to be more consistent at taking it again myself as iron deficiency is one of my issues - when I took it a couple of years ago I remember it takes a couple of weeks to kick-in and wasn't that I initially noticed hey I've got energy - it was more that half way through the week I realised I had made it through a weekend without falling asleep on the couch for 3 hours!

Good to know because of course I was expecting immediate results :).

On Instagram I follow sheep farmers, yarn producers and knitters all over the UK and across the board they are all in shock this morning as well. These Internet connections really give a different context to world events.

Weekly check in:

Weight is back up this week. I'm OK with it, as the adjustment in eating more protien resulted in eating more overall. And I know that with more protien the sugar intake will drop off.

Walking is right on track, which I'm really proud of... I usually have a less than 10,000 weekend day somewhere along the line but not this time.

So average of 0% and 100% is still 50%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter