Healthy Living around the World Showcase ~ June 2016 WISH Challenge!

Good morning friends! Well..... Happy Birthday to me. Today I am another year older. Why can't my biological age be more in line with my MENTAL age? I'm thinking.... 35 sounds perfect! Old enough to not be considered immature, but young enough to still have good skin! But I spent my first few awake moments thanking GOD for the blessings of the past 52 years.... my parents (and their continued good health), my DH (at times he makes me want to scream, but after 24 years of marriage and 30 years together, I'll keep him), my kiddos (truly the lights of my life ALL THE TIME), my health (without it I would have NOTHING), my country and my extended family and friends (including you all). I awoke with sunshine streaming into my home, a kitty snuggled next to my leg, and the quiet country chirps and bird songs that are typical of a summer morning here. Hard to ask for much more than that.

Have a wonderful day!................P

Happy Birthday Pjlla! Such lovely post

@HappyGrape I always still wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your vacation eating report! I really loved your approach and have the best intentions to try to do something similar when I am on my cruise later this year. I still am tempted by empty calories far too often and then regret it afterwards. I really need to get a grip on that. Because not giving in the temptation on stuff that is not really that great anyway, will help me free the calories for the stuff that is really worth it!

Thanks for reading it. I also didn't try to jump back to diet mode this time as when you have 2500 some days, jumping straight down 1500 is a shock! I went on my goal weight maintenance calories. I read this tip somewhere, that you should try living few weeks on the goal weight maintenance calories and if you are not happy, adjust your goal as it may not be sustainable for you. My steps went down, my workouts were gentle. I am in maintenance mode so I will need to refocus little to start loosing again but I feel this month is not the month for it

My husband came back from Switzerland (work trip) with full bag of swiss chocolate. Little like he robbed the chocolate factory. His hotel was next a chocolate factory and he felt he should. He asked me - I am not sure did you give up chocolate? I said, well I haven't decided such thing to be honest. I just don't feel like it at all right now. I don't miss it. I know if I eat some I will want more and when I eat more I won't be happier then when I have none. I just don't want any right now. My son, who had hard week is happy with it!

How are your plans for the weekend guys?

my tummy hurts today, monthly stuff but I won't give in to it today. I have my gym trail and I am supper exited about it! They have full Les Mills classes (which I used to do when we vacation to the island that I just returned from) and I hope they don't hold me too long in the morning so I can join their bodyvive class!

I will probably go for some sales shopping after, brunch with girls in town. There is food festival in town but the weather is little iffy, not sure to go or not. Think epcot food in wine but with higher prices (believe it or not) and the foot boots are run by all best restaurants in town so the food is smaller portions of very high quality. Live music, dancing (like ethnic dancers), entertainment - it's usually good. I think as the standard of food on it is so high, Epcot's F&W was very big disappointment but you can't compare regular food booth in theme park with a boot where mithelin star restaurant showcase their culinary skills and creativity.

There is so much I want to do today, it's hard trying to decide what to do as I won't be able to do it all

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Here in Orlando now! We just finished the Universal portion and had a fantastic time. If there's a Universal appropriate term for "pixie dust" we got it. On Wednesday, our plane was over 4 hours delayed getting in, so what should have been a 7 hour park day turned into a 3 hour park day. On our way in, we were approached by a family who said - here, we are leaving and were on the VIP tour today. These lanyards entitle you to front of the line/express pass access for the rest of the day. Since we are leaving, they are of no value to us anymore- would you like them? OF COURSE! We got about 7 hours of non-express pass park done in 2 hours! So great!

Eating has been ok. Trying to eat reasonably in a theme park is hard! Today my treat was a butter beer. But I had a salad for lunch and dinner. Hopefully the meals made up for the drink.

Today (it's 3:00am, can't sleep) is Magic Kingdom and I know we'll have a blast!

My woo-hoo - of course, being on vacation is the real woo-hoo, but also, I retook my "before" picture in the Simpsons world at Universal today! What a difference a year can make - my feet barely hurt (they are more tired than in pain) and I have so much energy. It's like a completely different experience! I've ridden all the rides with no panic over my size. I haven't even been directed to modified seating! So from not fitting/barely fitting to regular seating - woo-hoo!!image.jpeg

Hi Everyone,

Here in Orlando now! We just finished the Universal portion and had a fantastic time. If there's a Universal appropriate term for "pixie dust" we got it. On Wednesday, our plane was over 4 hours delayed getting in, so what should have been a 7 hour park day turned into a 3 hour park day. On our way in, we were approached by a family who said - here, we are leaving and were on the VIP tour today. These lanyards entitle you to front of the line/express pass access for the rest of the day. Since we are leaving, they are of no value to us anymore- would you like them? OF COURSE! We got about 7 hours of non-express pass park done in 2 hours! So great!

Eating has been ok. Trying to eat reasonably in a theme park is hard! Today my treat was a butter beer. But I had a salad for lunch and dinner. Hopefully the meals made up for the drink.

Today (it's 3:00am, can't sleep) is Magic Kingdom and I know we'll have a blast!

My woo-hoo - of course, being on vacation is the real woo-hoo, but also, I retook my "before" picture in the Simpsons world at Universal today! What a difference a year can make - my feet barely hurt (they are more tired than in pain) and I have so much energy. It's like a completely different experience! I've ridden all the rides with no panic over my size. I haven't even been directed to modified seating! So from not fitting/barely fitting to regular seating - woo-hoo!!View attachment 176091

What a woohoo!! Such a difference in the two pictures! And I love that it is not just the looks that have changed, but also your energy and general well being! Thanks for posting this!

My husband came back from Switzerland (work trip) with full bag of swiss chocolate. Little like he robbed the chocolate factory. His hotel was next a chocolate factory and he felt he should. He asked me - I am not sure did you give up chocolate? I said, well I haven't decided such thing to be honest. I just don't feel like it at all right now. I don't miss it. I know if I eat some I will want more and when I eat more I won't be happier then when I have none. I just don't want any right now. My son, who had hard week is happy with it!

How are your plans for the weekend guys?

Wow you are certainly in the groove and staying strong - chocolate is my weakness!

My weekend is half over - its Saturday night - Today the boys had no hockey (Yeah) so a sleep in was enjoyed by all and then no excitement but much needed housework done - still a long way to go - but wow no wonder I get nothing done most weekends when a good half (at least) of our Saturday is gone at Hockey usually.

Sunday - dropping oldest son to work in the morning - possibly some shopping with the other 2 and maybe my mother - daughter needs new winter clothes desperately - I need some new pants for winter as my jeans don't fit not even close - I am too big for them - I bought them last winter - maybe by next winter I will be too small for them. I desperately need a hair cut - but I may hold off until next weekend - getting a back pay bonus on Tuesday woohoo mostly it will go to paying off CC but if I have another good week next week that can be my reward.

How generous of that family - Glad you were able to have a great time.

My woo-hoo - of course, being on vacation is the real woo-hoo, but also, I retook my "before" picture in the Simpsons world at Universal today! What a difference a year can make - my feet barely hurt (they are more tired than in pain) and I have so much energy. It's like a completely different experience! I've ridden all the rides with no panic over my size. I haven't even been directed to modified seating! So from not fitting/barely fitting to regular seating - woo-hoo!!

Wow just wow on your transformation you are truly inspiring - what a year of change you have gone through. You look fantastic and as Courtney said the other great health benefits you talk about are a good side bonus.

Hi Everyone,

My woo-hoo - of course, being on vacation is the real woo-hoo, but also, I retook my "before" picture in the Simpsons world at Universal today! What a difference a year can make - my feet barely hurt (they are more tired than in pain) and I have so much energy. It's like a completely different experience! I've ridden all the rides with no panic over my size. I haven't even been directed to modified seating! So from not fitting/barely fitting to regular seating - woo-hoo!!View attachment 176091

You look great. What a great feeling too. Have a great rest of your trip!

Hi Everyone,

Wow.... huge changes!! You look great!! I can imagine the pride you feeling in seeing the difference in those two photos!! Good for you!! And WOOHOO on the Universal-version of pixie dust!!

Good morning all and THANK YOU for all of the birthday wishes!! I appreciate every one of them!!

Yesterday did not exactly go as planned.... we had tickets to a 4:20 movie. We were driving down to southern Massachusetts to meet DD at the movie theater (about 30 minutes North of DD's school). Well.... we left a touch later than I wanted (about 15 minutes) and traffic was a DISASTER! The original arrive time on the GPS was 3:55. We did not get to the theater until nearly 5:30 pm!!! I had called the theater in the meantime to let them know we wouldn't be making it so that they could resell our tickets (4 prime seats together at a sold out movie), but they said they couldn't refund over the phone, but the theater manager graciously refunded us in cash when we got there! I found another theater about 20 minutes away (a bit closer to DD, but without reserved seats) and bought tickets for a 7 pm show. We arrived a little after 6pm, grabbed Dunkin Donut sandwiches for dinner (not exactly what I really wanted for birthday dinner, but oh well), and got terrific seats.... and the theater wasn't even near to being sold out. We went out for a small ice cream after the movie (but I'm not sure if any of us enjoyed it, since we were all full of popcorn), but we wanted to spend a few more minutes together before we went home and DD went back to school.

About the movie..... I'll say honestly it was cute and fun, but I think the best part was the Pixar short (Piper) and the post-credit scene. Story line was sweet, but nothing particularly special. I'll be honest... sometimes I need to see a movie more than once before I really love it. I was just so-so about Tangled the first time, but I love it now.... so maybe Finding Dory will grow on me. But unlike some other Disney movies, I'm not dying to see it again.

Well.... one week away from DS's graduation party and the house/yard/garage are an embarrassing disaster right now! It's going to be a VERY busy week here. So do not expect much participation from me other than the occasional check in!

Going to go have a refreshing detox breakfast to clear all this salty popcorn and heavy ice cream from my belly!..............P

My check in for the week. I am down a pound since Monday but only down .4 since June 1. This is what I expected with the trip. I am at 13.33% for the month.

I went home from work yesterday and went to bed. I am feeling better today but still really congested. Going to take it easy the rest of the weekend and hopefully by Monday I will be back to normal. I can't wait to get back to working out.

I'll have a marathon catch up to do. I missed a week of gym trips and don't even know how the week went that fast. blah! My brother was sick all day Friday but I got him to urgent care where they said they are sure it was just tummy virus. I got his meds and it was late by the time the rest of us ate Panda Express instead of our usual Friday night pizza(because we are having pizza tomorrow for birthday party for two of my friend's kiddos turning 11 and 6). I went to the gym super late because I was so upset I let myself miss all week because my friends had a lot going on and flaked on me.

Making homemade chicken noodle soup right now then will either get to a late night gym session again or do 20 minutes on the exercise bike here. I'll just say it now I think I'm pretty much maintaining the 41% for this week. I'll get my routine fixed for solo trips for a while until she gets her house affairs in order(they have to move in 30 days) and gets settled into her two new jobs. Yeah completely jealous. I could have one for sure they are a caregiver like I've been doing. For whoever it was that asked my degree/certificate is in medical assisting. That is what I'd like to do even if I do front desk check ins and filing.

Making homemade chicken noodle soup right now then will either get to a late night gym session again or do 20 minutes on the exercise bike here. I'll just say it now I think I'm pretty much maintaining the 41% for this week. I'll get my routine fixed for solo trips for a while until she gets her house affairs in order(they have to move in 30 days) and gets settled into her two new jobs. Yeah completely jealous. I could have one for sure they are a caregiver like I've been doing. For whoever it was that asked my degree/certificate is in medical assisting. That is what I'd like to do even if I do front desk check ins and filing.

It was me that asked about your degree - job hunting can really get you down - I've been there - I hope you get something soon and something preferably in the field you want. Good luck getting the gym on your own for a bit - it can be harder sometimes when you don't have the 'obligation' of meeting someone to help motivate you.

Reporting in: I am at 56% on track so far with tracking all my food everyday - I am working really hard at following the eating plan and having planed 'indulgences' within that - they are changing to include some healthier foods also that fill me up - for example for a few nights last week for TV watching when I get that chocolate craving I have had a banana with some chocolate custard - I still get the chocolate taste, some dairy and fruit! Usually I would have had 2-4 snack size chocolate bars and possible some chips just to round out the savoury/sweet taste.

The scales were kind to me this morning with another small loss so am now down 1.5kg (3.3 pounds) - I really haven't been snacking at all through the day including that danger time at dinner prep - I am eating 3 meals and desert at night- on this plan it a little higher in protein to help keep you feeling full. Some times I have trouble eating it all! So am starting to listen to that full feeling - but just don't want to stop too soon and risk getting hungry and making a bad choice.

It is a rainy Sunday here - am home from the shops did some damage to the budget but luckily my sister called to say she had a bag of hand-me downs for DD from my niece that we will get in 2 weeks including some jeans and winter clothes - so I will wait to see if it fits and what we get before buying anything else for her.

Weekly check-in:

I started the month at 243 and the goal was to lose 14 lbs. Last Sunday I weighed in at 239.5 (it was a pretty bad weight loss week - only lost .5 lbs). This week I got back on track and I weighed in this morning at 234 lbs. I lost 5.5 pounds this week (or 6 pounds over the last two weeks which seems more reasonable). For the month I've lost 9 pounds which puts me at 64% toward my goal.

Hi all - a quick check in before I have no access to the Internet for the week!

I am at 17/18 days at 140 active minutes or 94%. Yesterday at magic Kingdom, I just couldn't do it. I had plenty of steps (over 20,000) but just couldn't string together the active minutes. Oh well!

Have a great week, I'll check in next Sunday when we are off the ship!

Hey guys!
I didn't get a chance to celebrate WooHoo Friday, but I think my WooHoo is a pretty cool one. I'm WooHooing because I've finally come to terms with summer running. I struggle a lot with running during the summer, and last summer I was still trying to hit all of my goals despite the heat, which got to be very tough. But I realized last week that I can't do that this summer - so my new goal for the summer is to get in 3 runs every week, adjust based on the weather, and not worry about hitting any goals. So far it's actually working out pretty well, and it's nice to come out of my summer runs not being too frustrated about the heat!

Happy belated birthday, @pjlla!!

@mamattorney - You look amazing!!! What a difference a year can make!

I'll be back to check in later today. The running adrenaline has worn off and the coffee hasn't quite kicked in yet, so I'm beat. Thankfully, I've got a fairly relaxing day planned, so once the coffee kicks in, I should be good to go.

Happy fathers day to all the fathers out there!

Hi Everyone,

Happy you all are having a great time. I experienced the fitting joy on my trip! Looking great!

If there's a Universal appropriate term for "pixie dust" we got it. On Wednesday, our plane was over 4 hours delayed getting in, so what should have been a 7 hour park day turned into a 3 hour park day. On our way in, we were approached by a family who said - here, we are leaving and were on the VIP tour today. These lanyards entitle you to front of the line/express pass access for the rest of the day. Since we are leaving, they are of no value to us anymore- would you like them? OF COURSE! We got about 7 hours of non-express pass park done in 2 hours! So great!

I love it when people pass along the magic to others - you definitely got your money's worth! :D We did something similar when we rented our beach umbrellas at the Disney Water parks. We had the lounge chairs / umbrella station and we found an adorable couple on their honeymoon just entering Blizzard Beach. We gently slid the wristbands off our wrists and told them to enjoy the afternoon (there were like 3 hours left - so yay to them).

And your pictures -- wow, look at the difference of the hard work and dedication you made! You're going to have such an amazing trip this week. Enjoy and keep telling us about what you did in Orlando. We're all going to be (positively!) jealous of you :D

About the movie..... I'll say honestly it was cute and fun, but I think the best part was the Pixar short (Piper) and the post-credit scene. Story line was sweet, but nothing particularly special. I'll be honest... sometimes I need to see a movie more than once before I really love it. I was just so-so about Tangled the first time, but I love it now.... so maybe Finding Dory will grow on me. But unlike some other Disney movies, I'm not dying to see it again.

Yikes. We may wait on this one then until we can watch it on a plane. After watching "UP" when it came out, I've been really put off by Pixar movies and they've rubbed me the wrong way. :(

WEEKLY CHECK IN
Days Exercised: 19/30
Percentage: 63%

Half Marathon #8 went awesomely yesterday in Seattle - ended up with a 3:14 finish time, my second fastest to date. The weather held off fairly well, with only a light drizzle off and on. At mile 10 we had to go through a tunnel and my claustrophobia kicked in because it was a dark, tight space. You could literally see the light at the end of the tunnel but i was freaking out because no matter how much I moved it felt like I wasn't getting any closer to it! :rotfl: I think if the tunnel weren't scaring me so much I'd have had a 3:10 finish time. Oh well - onwards to Chicago next month!

Checking in at 60%!

This week, I realized something about my goal for the month. Taking take for myself is awesome. I love having time to focus on myself, my thoughts, or nothing at all. But if I'm going to do it, I need to be better about scheduling it. There have been quite a few days this month where I looked at the clock, saw that it was 9-10 PM, and realized that I still had stuff to do and I hadn't gotten in my me time yet. Doing it that way is stressful, because I feel like I'm choosing between myself and my to-do list. So for the next 10 days, I'm going to focus on scheduling myself better so that my "me time" is something that's a part of my day, not an afterthought.

Sorry everyone! I have not abandoned you! Will post the QOTD in my lunch break (around 7am EST) and explain the reasons for my silence!

Hi Everyone,

you look like a different person now! Even your face looks completely different. What amazing tansformation!!! Well done - keep up the good work

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter