Healthy breakfast options?

daf

Mouseketeer
My family isn't much of a sweet tooth. In the morning, we usually eat eggs, toast, and some veggies. Given that we probably won't have a refrigerator in the room to store produce from the supermarket, AND we wouldn't want to spend each morning in a table service restaurant, what are our options in Disney? We will be staying at Art of Animation + Animal Kingdom Lodge. We saw these kinds of offerings in buffets, but I feel that we'll be paying for much more than what we actually care to eat 😂. What are our options for a light, non-sweet breakfast?

Last edited:
The quick serve at AoA will probably have stuff like that. My husband prefers a more savory breakfast when he eats breakfast and managed just fine at POR quick service. I just eat mickey waffles and a piece of fruit.

QS at both resorts will have some sort of platter with scrambled eggs, a protein (either sausage or bacon) and some sort of potato (tater tots or fried taters). They also will have a kid's version which is just smaller and comes with a drink for less. In most QS you can just order eggs as a side if you just want eggs. There are other options like bagels, toast, cereal, oatmeal, etc. I suggest you just go on line and look at the menus, they are on the WDW web site, here and allears.net usually is up to date.

You will have a bev cooler in you room. You could do a grocery order with bananas, pears, apples, oranges (not all need refrigeration) and then get peanut butter, cream cheese, bagels, english muffins and you can toast them at the food court or eat without toasting. You can use the coffee pot for hot water and have oatmeal or you could have cereal and milk just bring a few disposable bowls. We like to bring a variety of breakfast bars and fruit and then we can be eating while getting ready for the day. We then tend to have an earlier lunch as we are hungry and as an added benefit we beat the lunch crowds.

AoA food court should have offerings that fit what you describe -- omlets, scrambled eggs, breakfast sandwiches, toast, bagel, etc. There probably isn't a lot of "veggies" at breakfast except maybe in an omlet, though there are plenty of fruit options. I suggest you check the menu online.

Beware the scrambled eggs at QS places. They're powdered eggs.
Good to know on this!!

The eggs tasted fine at Askerhaus in Norway when we ate there on our previous trip. That breakfast had a lot of savory stuff but did have some sweeter things like waffles.

Count me in as another one who uses the beverage cooler as a refrigerator. We came with a cooler of healthy food this go-round (which also saves a lot of money). If you're driving or have a rental car, there's a Whole Foods a few exits down I-4 from WDW. I suppose you could get an Uber there if you don't have a car. We made our own sandwiches in the mornings and also had yogurt and shrimp burritos--we got avocados, hummus, red peppers, broccoli sprouts, lettuce, and brought our grated cheese blend from home (we drove and had a cooler the whole way down).

The beverage cooler is big enough to hold something like that but lacks a freezer. My strategy is to make a "school nurse ice pack" using the ice bag and ice machine from the hotel for the drive back. (If you ever got bludgeoned with an errantly served volleyball in middle school PE, you know exactly the type of ice pack I speak of).

We typically bring plant-based protein/nut bars and then I will supplement with grab-and-go items from the QS or gift shops - string cheese, bananas, mandarin oranges. We also sometimes do grocery orders for organic fruits. You can sometimes find hard-boiled eggs in the grab-and-go sections in QS. As PP mentioned, you can also get a kids meal with eggs and sometimes there are sides of eggs on the menu that I will order and then grab a croissant (which certainly isn't the healthiest thing, but they are kind of yummy!)

You will have a bev cooler in you room. You could do a grocery order with bananas, pears, apples, oranges (not all need refrigeration) and then get peanut butter, cream cheese, bagels, english muffins and you can toast them at the food court or eat without toasting. You can use the coffee pot for hot water and have oatmeal or you could have cereal and milk just bring a few disposable bowls. We like to bring a variety of breakfast bars and fruit and then we can be eating while getting ready for the day. We then tend to have an earlier lunch as we are hungry and as an added benefit we beat the lunch crowds.
This...we usually get yogurt, pastries and fruit from Instacart for breakfast in the room and have never had an issue with the coolers keeping any of it cold. Tbh I tend to find QS breakfast to be the weak link at Disney so we don't do it a whole lot. The platters are also way too much food, I don't eat very much in the mornings because my body's not really awake until about noon lol. The rare times I do I'll get the kids meal mickey waffles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter